Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 12:13   #2041
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I had bought the floor mats from carmatsindia. Unfortunately they do not have Trunk/Boot mats.

Any idea where can I buy decent Trunk mats for the Polo?

Regards,
Rohan
Old 11th September 2014, 16:05   #2042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
And I still maintain guys - in bumper to bumper traffic, the i10 AT is actually better - even though I got flakd for it some aeons ago
I have an i10 AT. While its great in bumper to bumper traffic, the gear box is terribly slow when I want to get a move on. I was contemplating selling it and getting a GT TSI.

Is the GT TSI jerky in bumper to bumper traffic? The i10 AT is very good at slow speeds. It is very smooth and responds immediately from standstill. My main complaint is that it is slow to respond at higher speeds, esp when you floor the accelerator it takes ages to shift down. Also the mileage I am getting is just about 8 kmpl. Can I expect better mileage from the GT TSI in slow city traffic?
Old 11th September 2014, 20:29   #2043
Senior - BHPian

I believe you meant to type "backwards"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Hill hold control guys - keeps it stable on inclines instead of moving forward.

During the test drive of the GT Tsi I found it to be pretty smooth crawling behind the three wheelers and the cycle rickshaws that are the bane of Dilli roads.

Having said that I am curious to see what the owner members have to say, let's get it straight from the horse's mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Is the GT TSI jerky in bumper to bumper traffic?
Old 11th September 2014, 20:37   #2044
BHPian

Test drove the GT Tsi today. Observations :
1. There is a slight lag initially
2. Horn sound is intrusive in the cabin
3. Did not find any jerkiness
4. Brakes felt spongy
5. Steering felt tad heavy at slow speeds
Old 11th September 2014, 20:46   #2045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have an i10 AT. While its great in bumper to bumper traffic, the gear box is terribly slow when I want to get a move on. I was contemplating selling it and getting a GT TSI.

Is the GT TSI jerky in bumper to bumper traffic? The i10 AT is very good at slow speeds. It is very smooth and responds immediately from standstill. My main complaint is that it is slow to respond at higher speeds, esp when you floor the accelerator it takes ages to shift down. Also the mileage I am getting is just about 8 kmpl. Can I expect better mileage from the GT TSI in slow city traffic?
Have a Vento TSI, but should be the same behavior. It is definitely not jerky, moves ahead smoothly. The only jerk i have experienced is when it drops to second gear on hard braking.

On mileage, as long as you can maintain 30-40 KM/h on a consistent basis you should get between 10-12. On bumper to bumper traffic over a long distance, it can drop to 7-8 kmpl. Like today I took around 45 min for a 3km section, and the MID at the end of it indicated 7.5.
Old 12th September 2014, 00:11   #2046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
On mileage, as long as you can maintain 30-40 KM/h on a consistent basis you should get between 10-12. On bumper to bumper traffic over a long distance, it can drop to 7-8 kmpl. Like today I took around 45 min for a 3km section, and the MID at the end of it indicated 7.5.
10-12kmpl @30-40kmph seems to be very less. Are other tsi owners in B'lore also getting abt the same milage?
Milage is the only reason I'm very hesitant in booking the car.
Also, how accurate is the MID abt the fuel consumption? Is it reliable or would one still have to calculate between fills?
Old 12th September 2014, 00:49   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyRo View Post
10-12kmpl @30-40kmph seems to be very less. Are other tsi owners in B'lore also getting abt the same milage?

Also, how accurate is the MID abt the fuel consumption? Is it reliable or would one still have to calculate between fills?

The Tsi is EXTREMELY susceptible to the slightest traffic conditions - give it an open road and you can comfortably extract 15-16 kpl. Drive it hard and it'll give 8 kpl. In killer traffic conditions ( read 1 km in 1 hour), the mid shows 2 ! But that's a worst case situation. On an average 10-11 is what you should expect.But this is not a car to be driven for averages ... If that matters, go for diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I believe you meant to type "backwards"

Having said that I am curious to see what the owner members have to say, let's get it straight from the horse's mouth.

Backwards it is - sorry for the typo. The car is not smooth when going from 40-10 period - the DSG upshift is like a dual brake and you can really feel it. But when accelerating , no gearbox comes close, manuals included.

Quote:

As long as you're not going 40 or 30-10, the tsi isn't jerky. Mileage from the tsi would be about 10-11 in the same conditions. Higher speeds, it's a no contest - the i10 whines without picking up speed while the Tsi just zips through !

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th September 2014 at 01:21. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
Old 12th September 2014, 01:20   #2048
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The i10 AT is very good at slow speeds. It is very smooth and responds immediately from standstill.
That is because of the torque converter effect, which multiplies the available torque from the engine at slow speeds. The DSG on the other hand has to wait for the petrol engine to kick in and provide the torque required.
Old 12th September 2014, 08:11   #2049
BHPian

I did the PDI along with @androdev. Went off smoothly. Paid the cheque, took 100K extended warranty and Drive Assure, which comes with additional protection from hydrostatic lock.

Taking delivery Monday or Tuesday.

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 12th September 2014 at 08:16.
diffsoft is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 09:34   #2050
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
I did the PDI along with @androdev. Went off smoothly. Paid the cheque, took 100K extended warranty and Drive Assure, which comes with additional protection from hydrostatic lock.

Taking delivery Monday or Tuesday.

Cheers,
Congratulations! Where did you do the PDI? At the showroom or at the yard?
Old 12th September 2014, 09:44   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
Congratulations! Where did you do the PDI? At the showroom or at the yard?
The PDI was done at the showroom location in a bright bay area behind the building.
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 10:20   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
Sedate driving(office commute):
I get around 13 kmpl in city. This is definitely not during the peak hours, I try to start to office at 8:00 am, and return back at 5:00 pm.

Sedate driving(Highway drive around 80 to 100 kmph):
I get around 16 kmpl

Spirited drive:
Last weekend, we had been to Yeracaud(with Team Bhp). I got around 10.5kmpl, where as GT TDI owner got more than 20kmpl.

Bumper to bumper traffic:
9kmpl.

If you are looking at the mileage you should look for TDI. Having said about the mileage, TSi is a much better car to drive, I guess most of the owners(including me) have no regrets in buying this.
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 10:35   #2053

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Sedate driving(office commute):
I get around 13 kmpl in city. This is definitely not during the peak hours, I try to start to office at 8:00 am, and return back at 5:00 pm.

Sedate driving(Highway drive around 80 to 100 kmph):
I get around 16 kmpl

Spirited drive:
Last weekend, we had been to Yeracaud(with Team Bhp). I got around 10.5kmpl, where as GT TDI owner got more than 20kmpl.

Bumper to bumper traffic:
9kmpl.

If you are looking at the mileage you should look for TDI. Having said about the mileage, TSi is a much better car to drive, I guess most of the owners(including me) have no regrets in buying this.
Thanks @rohan & @jishd for tour inputs!!

Yeah that's something I need to decide (TDI or TSI).
I did go for a test drive of the TSI at VW Palace Cross on Tuesday this week. I totally loved the engine & gearbox. This is my first car & will be my primary car as well, so I'll need to think hard before I make a decision.
Old 12th September 2014, 11:18   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @rohan & @jishd for tour inputs!!

I did go for a test drive of the TSI at VW Palace Cross on Tuesday this week. I totally loved the engine & gearbox. This is my first car & will be my primary car as well, so I'll need to think hard before I make a decision.
If you are not in a hurry, I would suggest you to wait for the launch of GT TDI(1.5) DSG version(hopefully it would have best of both worlds), and then decide.
Old 12th September 2014, 11:24   #2055
BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest you to go for 1.5 TDI. Its will give you more mileage and behave like semi-automatic, you will need to change fewer gears, which is a boon in Bangalore city driving.

Since its a primary car, go for highline as it will take care of everything including long distance driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks