Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2014, 01:23   #2146
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Currently awaiting my very own Carbon Steel GT TSI, Guys please suggest alloys that would match the colour, Going in for S drive 205/50/16, Since I'm putting in everything I've got buying the car, don't have much to spend on the alloys, Any inputs guys. ??

@Anshurao I too was not offered the extended warranty, insisted they check with dealerships in Mumbai as its being offered there. Any luck from your side.
Old 20th September 2014, 11:51   #2147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblood View Post
Currently awaiting my very own Carbon Steel GT TSI, Guys please suggest alloys that would match the colour, Going in for S drive 205/50/16, Since I'm putting in everything I've got buying the car, don't have much to spend on the alloys, Any inputs guys. ??
Go for Plastic Dip, cheap and best!
Old 20th September 2014, 13:13   #2148
BHPian

Guys, VW dealers are finding new ways to cheat, here is the scam:
I asked what would be the cost of extended warranty, I was quoted 22448 inclusive of tax. This is the slab for a vehicles where the sale date is > 546 days< 730. The Sales manager was trying to sell me this saying this was the directive from company. When i showed her the Pricelist from VW site she had nothing much to say. At first she said it was an old list, when i showed her the clear wordings New Polo, she had nothing much to say.
I will bring this up with VW once I take delivery of my car.
anshurao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 15:07   #2149
BHPian

Guys,

VW Mysore has one carbon Steele GT TSI to give. Try it out ASAP. Came to know when I reached to take delivery of my Jetta today.
Old 20th September 2014, 15:57   #2150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
I asked what would be the cost of extended warranty, I was quoted 22448 inclusive of tax. This is the slab for a vehicles where the sale date is > 546 days< 730. The Sales manager was trying to sell me this saying this was the directive from company. When i showed her the Pricelist from VW site she had nothing much to say. At first she said it was an old list, when i showed her the clear wordings New Polo, she had nothing much to say.
That's quite pathetic. And it's not like the car is being sold at a deep discount that they need make it up elsewhere.
Old 20th September 2014, 17:01   #2151
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Are you sure you want to deal with this 'stealer'? What would happen if you were to take your car in there for some after sales service? Can't you move on to someone else whom you are comfortable dealing with?
Old 20th September 2014, 22:34   #2152
BHPian

Hi Folks, Found these interesting POLO GT TDI / TSI test drives
http://www.motoringworld.net/cars/re...gt-tdi-and-tsi
http://thrillofdriving.com/review/dr...olo-gt-tsi-tdi
Veels n Rhodes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 22:48   #2153
Senior - BHPian

IMHO the stock alloys on the GT TSi are a great looking set. As for the S drive I only have one question : WHY??

The S drive is a very hard compound tire and it will take your suspension and your derrière for a toss. If you want sporty tires get a set of Michelin PS3 or the AVS dB from Yokohama and if you can find them locally get the Vredestien http://www.vredestein.in/car-tyres/summer/

Here again I would recommend sticking to the stock size, unless you upsize the alloys which again you can do two-three years down the line.

Quote:
Old 21st September 2014, 20:56   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Go for Plastic Dip, cheap and best!
Interesting option amanomics. Have you tried it on your alloys or know someone who has tried it? I am wondering if they are really heat resistant and withstand the daily long grind.
Old 21st September 2014, 21:50   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
Interesting option amanomics. Have you tried it on your alloys or know someone who has tried it? I am wondering if they are really heat resistant and withstand the daily long grind.

Sir, people here have tried it as I got to know of this particular brand from the Polishing n finishing thread. Although I know no one personally.

Yes should last enough to please given your driving environment. Best part is you dont need to dismantle the alloys, n being cheap, you can simply remove n recoat with another color!
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:25   #2156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
That's disappointing. Was thinking of upgrading to the new double barrel headlights for my pre facelift GT TSI. Now this seems not worthy of the hassles.
Any pointers from anyone who have experienced both the headlights and give a comparison ?
@drpudhi

I earlier observed thought the lights were ineffective; but I think that's not right. After an extended drive yesterday night (without rains) I felt that the double barrel headlights were more than sufficient for a comfortable drive. Better than my current cars - Santro and Ertiga.

I hop this helps.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:55   #2157
BHPian

Booked the GT TSI on Saturday from Volkswagen Downtown Mumbai. Went for another test drive, this time on the Worli Seaface and just floored the pedal in 'S'ports mode. The car gives a nice grunt and races ahead, smoking pretty much everything around it. Such a pleasure to drive.
The performance in bumper to bumper traffic is phenomenal. Shifts are quick and basically go unnoticed. I was cruising at some 35-40 Kmph and the car was already in D5. Pretty happy with my decision overall.

Delivery in 5 weeks.
shinobi803 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:11   #2158
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
IMO, Gun metal finish should go well with the colour, otherwise black is always good. Instead of changing the alloys, you could also get them painted.

Quote:
@Anshurao I too was not offered the extended warranty, insisted they check with dealerships in Mumbai as its being offered there. Any luck from your side.
I got a call from my dealer on friday that the extended warranty is now available for the new GT TSI.

Also, i would also suggest Vredestein Sportrac5. It was my first choice for the GT, and had already arranged for the swap at an apollo dealer. these tyres are not widely available as of now. But when I took the car for the swap, the tyres were about a year old, so I played safe and put Michelin P3ST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
If you want sporty tires get a set of Michelin PS3 or the AVS dB from Yokohama and if you can find them locally get the Vredestien http://www.vredestein.in/car-tyres/summer/
Old 23rd September 2014, 11:05   #2159
BHPian

For the people looking for the Diesel car with the DSG
Autocar :- New Skoda Rapid diesel auto review and test drive.

Surprising Rapid comes with the DQ200 gearbox(7 Speed dry gearbox), which is doing the duty in the Polo GT TSi. I guess, soon VW might also launch Vento TDi DSG with the DQ200.
Old 23rd September 2014, 20:45   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Thanks Veels n Rhodes.

Further trawling got me this, I was looking out for a comparo between the GT DSG and GT diesel and better, I got between the GT DSG and earlier GT 1.6 Tdi.

This line kind off seals it for me:
"The TDI’s in-gear times are way slower compared to the petrol motors’ and it’s here that you start appreciating the TSI’s prowess."

http://www.topgear.com/india/car-gal...urrentid=10115

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks