Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 19:14   #2206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Hi guys,
I've booked my polo tsi with Sundaram motors here in Chennai.
Has the car price gone up? When I made the booking last month, the ex showroom was 8.13. The new price is apparently 8.32 lakh, and so the new on road price is 9.72 lakh. Can anyone else conform the price hike?

Cheers
Hi Vibhu,
I think its true that the prices have gone up. I got a call from my local dealer here informing a 16k hike in price.
Old 6th October 2014, 21:15   #2207
BHPian

Just confirmed with the second dealer too now, he said they were supposed to increase price upon launch of facelift, but didn't do it then as an inaugral offer, and have now done it.
So yes, its official, unfortunately.
Old 6th October 2014, 22:24   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Just confirmed with the second dealer too now, he said they were supposed to increase price upon launch of facelift, but didn't do it then as an inaugral offer, and have now done it.
So yes, its official, unfortunately.
Thanks for that buddy. 9.7 lakh is quite steep.
I have asked around and I think I'll take my insurance from outside. It's some 17-18 k cheaper than what the dealer quoted. The same 0 dep insurance.
Old 7th October 2014, 09:57   #2209
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

The new Polo GT has an updated BCM (Body control module) so installation of cruise control stalk and activation of features like coming home lights through VCDS is going to be easy. Even the wiring harness for the headlamps is upgraded in the new Polo.
robimahanta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 11:18   #2210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
The new Polo GT has an updated BCM (Body control module) so installation of cruise control stalk and activation of features like coming home lights through VCDS is going to be easy. Even the wiring harness for the headlamps is upgraded in the new Polo.
thanks for the info Robi. Now i really need to find a reliable seller on AE for the VCDS cable. The one which had good reviews has stopped selling it now.

Any recommendations?
Old 7th October 2014, 11:25   #2211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
thanks for the info Robi. Now i really need to find a reliable seller on AE for the VCDS cable. The one which had good reviews has stopped selling it now.

Any recommendations?
The replica cables wont work with updated software. Now the VCDS beta version is 14.8 while the stable edition is 12.12.3 but most aftermarket cables come with version 11 or below. Especially for new cars it doesnt make sense to get a cable with outdated software. Better you loan it from someone or do a group buy.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 11:25   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Thanks for that buddy. 9.7 lakh is quite steep.
I have asked around and I think I'll take my insurance from outside. It's some 17-18 k cheaper than what the dealer quoted. The same 0 dep insurance.
I took delivery last week and my dealer also confirmed that the price has gone up. Luckily they were able to give me the same price as my vehicle had arrived a few weeks back before the price increase was confirmed. The delay was due to bank loan taking some time and then had to wait for a decent number.

Regarding insurance I would suggest you buy outside. My dealer quote 29K for standard insurance and 43K for zero dep insurance. I ended up getting zero dep insurance with United India for about 19K. UI does not offer cashless benefit but went with them as all out other vehicles are insured with them and they gave me a good discount.
Old 7th October 2014, 11:40   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
The replica cables wont work with updated software. Now the VCDS beta version is 14.8 while the stable edition is 12.12.3 but most aftermarket cables come with version 11 or below. Especially for new cars it doesnt make sense to get a cable with outdated software. Better you loan it from someone or do a group buy.
12.12.0 or 12.12.2 are available on AE. I know it will be hit or miss, but a $20 gamble seems doable. and these guys will eventually get the updated cables as well. So, buy a new one then.
Old 7th October 2014, 12:04   #2214
BHPian

Quote:
Coming home lights as in? When I unlock using FOB, the lights inside light up? That happens already in the new GT. Anything else which Im not aware of?
Old 7th October 2014, 12:22   #2215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Coming home lights as in? When I unlock using FOB, the lights inside light up? That happens already in the new GT. Anything else which Im not aware of?
That is not coming home light, check this out http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technolo...ng-home-system
Old 7th October 2014, 12:31   #2216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
The morimoto d2s is the projector, the bulb is 4300k HID. Reflectors with HID is a complete no no due to unfocused light dispersal
Very good. Are they plug and play as far as wiring and ECU are concerned? How is the low and high beam throw? Can you share some pictures? and price, etc? Thanks.
Old 7th October 2014, 12:47   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
That is not coming home light, check this out http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technolo...ng-home-system
So same thing, but also the exterior lights? Hope I understand it correctly now!

Any reasonable advantage of the same, if activated?
Old 7th October 2014, 22:04   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
So same thing, but also the exterior lights? Hope I understand it correctly now!

Any reasonable advantage of the same, if activated?
Hey Amanomics,

The biggest advantage of this is walking to and away from your car in the dark. I had these first in the Skoda Laura, and this was a brilliant feature!
Old 8th October 2014, 11:59   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
I took delivery last week and my dealer also confirmed that the price has gone up. Luckily they were able to give me the same price as my vehicle had arrived a few weeks back before the price increase was confirmed. The delay was due to bank loan taking some time and then had to wait for a decent number.

Regarding insurance I would suggest you buy outside. My dealer quote 29K for standard insurance and 43K for zero dep insurance. I ended up getting zero dep insurance with United India for about 19K. UI does not offer cashless benefit but went with them as all out other vehicles are insured with them and they gave me a good discount.
Great! Your lucky you got your car. Which dealer did you get it from? Sundaram is still telling me the colour options are red, white and black! :banghead:
Iam forced to take white for the quickest delivery.
About the insurance, I got a quote for 35k, with bajaj. 0 dep with add on engine protection and cover for consumables as well. Thinking of going ahead with that. I would prefer to have the cashless benefit.

Cheers
Old 8th October 2014, 13:23   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Robi is this the "highline" BCM (Euro-spec and elsewhere)?
Does this mean we can install the OEM AFS system without upgrading the BCM and wiring harness?

Do you have the OEM Headlamps (with LED DRLs) with AFS on your GT with the upgrade to this BCM? I remember you mentioning that you did not like the after-market headlamps, and had actually changed to the OEM ones.

I also need to check is if the new BCM and wiper setup allows for automatic rain sensing wipers. And if the steering column can take the paddles without changing the steering; I quite like the new steering. If you have any thoughts on these, would be grateful...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks