Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2014, 12:47   #2251
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I got my carbon steel delivered at the beginning of the month. Another 2 were being delivered the same day, and further were scheduled to be delivered on Dussehra. my SA(VW Downtown) said all colours were being delivered at that time. Push your dealers, thats the only way to get ur car. I called mine everyday for a month to get my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Anyone with news on TSI deliveries this month in Bombay? I have an email confirmation from the dealer on allocation from the factory but he isn’t giving me a firm date as of now. Would it be post Diwali?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi803 View Post
I gave a cheque with the balance payment amount today morning. Assuming it gets cleared by Thursday (Wednesday being a holiday for state elections), I am hoping to get the delivery on Diwali day.
I booked with VW Downtown, if that information helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn09 View Post
I had a word with the sales assistant at vw downtown,he said 4-6 weeks from the date of booking with a chance of carbon steel coming earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
I booked my car on July 17th with the same dealer...let me hope it comes in sometime this month. I guess he's not yet committed to anyone on firm dates.
Old 15th October 2014, 19:17   #2252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish Karkera View Post
When had you booked the car?
I was promised a white TSI by the 20th of october at the latest. from the same Rahul at downtown. Managed to mine sooner from VW North.
hi krish, you got delivery? had booked mine on july 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
I got my carbon steel delivered at the beginning of the month. Another 2 were being delivered the same day, and further were scheduled to be delivered on Dussehra. my SA(VW Downtown) said all colours were being delivered at that time. Push your dealers, thats the only way to get ur car. I called mine everyday for a month to get my car.
thanks apurva. everyday? my pressure then is very very feeble by comparison!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th October 2014 at 22:13. Reason: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT / MULTI QUOTE (QUOTE+) functions within 30 minutes of posting instead. Thanks!
Old 15th October 2014, 21:54   #2253

Yes i just recieved my car this sunday. Had booked it on the 26th of July.Pressure won't help much since supply is bare minimal from what i heard. Where have you booked it?
Old 16th October 2014, 14:22   #2254
BHPian

Got the VIN. October 2014 manufactured. Pretty much all set for the delivery next week. Mostly on Diwali day since that makes my mom happy being an auspicious day and stuff.

Few queries.

1. Which fuel do you guys prefer?
- Regular
- Regular with additives.

2. Is there a run-in period? Does the car require you to baby it for a while?

3. What exactly is the correct thing to do while waiting at a traffic signal? So I've read through countless debates and trust me, I have no intention of starting another one but what exactly is the correct thing to do?

That's it for now. Will be posting pictures once I get the delivery.
Old 16th October 2014, 15:04   #2255
BANNED

firstly congratulations....!!!

1. I prefer the highest octane possible. currently using speed 97. With it I find the engine to be smoother, quieter with slightly better acceleration and increased mileage.

2. when I researched about it most people said to drive it normally from day 1. so I didn't do any special running in.

3. at short signals you can stay in D and keep brakes pressed. At longish signal switch to N and keep brake pressed or apply handbrake.

treat us with pictures soon... :-)

Last edited by rana_kirti : 16th October 2014 at 15:05.
rana_kirti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 15:15   #2256
BHPian

Quote:
Got the VIN. October 2014 manufactured. Pretty much all set for the delivery next week. Mostly on Diwali day since that makes my mom happy being an auspicious day and stuff.

Few queries.

- Regular

3. What exactly is the correct thing to do while waiting at a traffic signal? So I've read through countless debates and trust me, I have no intention of starting another one but what exactly is the correct thing to do?

That's it for now. Will be posting pictures once I get the delivery.
Congratulations on your car!!! you shall enjoy driving it.

As for your queries, everything is there in the manual you will get with your car, but here are my responses:
1. 95 RON fuel is the official one, so Speed 97 is your best bet. Otherwise, go for speed, which IIRC is 93 RON. Otherwise, the car should be fine on 91 RON too, albeit with reduced power from the engine.

2. Run-in period is prescribed in the manual, and i stuck to it. So, till 1000 km do not rev the engine above 4000 rpm, then move up gradually to 6000 rpm by 1500 kms and there on it is ok. but the engine should be driven in a spirited manner once in a while to ensure the gearbox does not become lethargic. you can do so in D mode as the gearbox upshifts at 4100 rpm even if you floor the throttle.

3. There are debates about what harms the engine or not, but one thing is for sure, shifting into N at traffic lights and engaging the foot brake/hand brake DOES NOT harm the engine. So I use this philosophy.

Cheers!
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 15:15   #2257
BHPian

Congrats.
Quote:
- Regular
If you can afford then go for "high octane petrol", otherwise regular fuel would do. I think it is better to avoid "fuel with additives"
Quote:
There are lot of people saying it is not required baby it. However, I have tried "not to floor" the accelerator(RPM below 3000) for the first 1000 kms.
Quote:
In City driving I try to do the following
In Very Short signal(say 15 seconds in the Red light), I do the following to stop
- Leave the mode in 'D'
- Keep the foot brake engaged(and do not engage the handbrake).

In Short signal(say around a minute in the Red light), I do the following to stop
- Leave the mode in 'N'
- Engage the foot brake/Engage the handbrake. I prefer engaging the hand brake just for the convenience.

In Long signal(say more than 2 minutes in the Red light), I do the following to stop
- Change the mode to 'N'
- Engage the foot brake/Engage the handbrake. I prefer engaging the hand brake just for the convenience.
- After 30 seconds(for the turbo to cool down) switch off the engine.

Advice:Please practice idling rule(http://www.team-bhp.com/tech-stuff/i...o-charged-cars)
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 16:25   #2258
BHPian

Finally getting my car in next two hours.
Just did a pre delivery inspection, and now they r getting it registered and stuff.

Worst thing was during the PDI at there workshop, they activated the horn sounding when locking/unlocking. Sounds terrible! Unfortunately they can't disable it now, and have promised to pick up the car anytime i say and will get it done at their workshop.

I asked them to activate Coming Home / Leaving home lights, said they can't.

Oh and yes, anything you modify outside, voids warranty. Anything you get modified from showroom, doesn't void warranty! Wow

Last edited by Insane Devil : 16th October 2014 at 16:26.
Old 16th October 2014, 17:19   #2259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Finally getting my car in next two hours.
Just did a pre delivery inspection, and now they r getting it registered and stuff.

Worst thing was during the PDI at there workshop, they activated the horn sounding when locking/unlocking. Sounds terrible! Unfortunately they can't disable it now, and have promised to pick up the car anytime i say and will get it done at their workshop.

I asked them to activate Coming Home / Leaving home lights, said they can't.

Oh and yes, anything you modify outside, voids warranty. Anything you get modified from showroom, doesn't void warranty! Wow
Congratulations on you new GT unless your workshop guys are documenting every change they make, you can buy a VCDS cable and make the changes yourself, and tell them that it you got those done from the workshop. You just guided them how to do those by showing the VCDS mods thread on Team BHP
Old 16th October 2014, 18:49   #2260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Advice:Please practice idling rule(http://www.team-bhp.com/tech-stuff/i...o-charged-cars)
Duly noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post

2. Run-in period is prescribed in the manual, and i stuck to it. So, till 1000 km do not rev the engine above 4000 rpm, then move up gradually to 6000 rpm by 1500 kms and there on it is ok. but the engine should be driven in a spirited manner once in a while to ensure the gearbox does not become lethargic. you can do so in D mode as the gearbox upshifts at 4100 rpm even if you floor the throttle.
Thanks for this!! I'll need to gobble up the manual for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
firstly congratulations....!!!
treat us with pictures soon... :-)
Yessir!! The carbon steel colour looks gorgeous, I just hope my rubbish photography skills can do justice to it. Already have an initial ownership thread cooking in my head
Old 18th October 2014, 23:55   #2261
BHPian

Thanks folks. My candy white's VIN came in today! So hopefully, delivery post Diwali this month. All that information about deliveries already done did the trick!
Old 20th October 2014, 11:13   #2262
BHPian

I have driven about 1200 km in my new GT TSI and it seems to be an absolutely fabulous car to own; if you take away the uncertainty on reliability.

I hope to post an ownership review by end of this week.

Cheers,
Old 21st October 2014, 12:05   #2263
BHPian

Finally VW updates GT TSI on their website. Now that was real slow but anyways better late than never
Old 21st October 2014, 14:31   #2264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
Finally VW updates GT TSI on their website. Now that was real slow but anyways better late than never
Thanks for this! While I'm waiting for the registration to complete, damn the Mumbai RTO and festive season, I spent the lunch break reading more about the car.
They have mentioned 'ambient lighting' as a feature. Can someone confirm what is it exactly? Are they referring to DRLs or is it something similar to what FIAT cars are equipped with?
Old 21st October 2014, 14:51   #2265
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They have mentioned 'ambient lighting' as a feature. Can someone confirm what is it exactly? Are they referring to DRLs or is it something similar to what FIAT cars are equipped with?
Footwell lights for the driver and co-driver side.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks