Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2014, 21:45   #2356
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
After trying to get a test drive of the GT TSI for the past two weeks, I finally gave up.
=====
Pricey for a hatch, but I wanted a car that I could look forward to driving everyday. The frustration of seeing my 200 BHP Laura parked in the garage and taking the i10 to office daily just reached the breaking point.
You should be rest assured, that you choose well based on the criteria you have mentioned. "a car that you will look forward to driving everyday" is exactly what drove me to pick the GT TSI
Old 14th November 2014, 21:44   #2357
BHPian

Dear All, Booked GT TSI Red today. Awesome vehicle. Had a test drive some time back. Sales guy from BU Bhandari Pune was awesome. Had an excellent experience dealing with him. I am promised delivery in 3 weeks. Regarding accessories I was offered few options and I have few questions about them.

1. HU Replacement: Blaupankt Philadelphia 835 is offered as an upgrade for 49K with full function support (navigation + PDC and display etc). I know it is available for around 41 K on snap deal. But there are other threads which have a discussion regarding issues in full functionality support, when installing from third party (not the dealer). has anyone tried it? What one do with the stock RCD 320 in this case?

2. VW polo 3D mats for 7K. I know 3D kagu are available for 5.5 K. But I did remember reading some post which says 3D Kagu doesn't fit too well in GT TSI?
1000Horses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 21:48   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Dear All, Booked GT TSI Red today. Awesome vehicle. Had a test drive some time back. Sales guy from BU Bhandari Pune was awesome. Had an excellent experience dealing with him. I am promised delivery in 3 weeks. Regarding accessories I was offered few options and I have few questions about them.

1. HU Replacement: Blaupankt Philadelphia 835 is offered as an upgrade for 49K with full function support (navigation + PDC and display etc). I know it is available for around 41 K on snap deal. But there are other threads which have a discussion regarding issues in full functionality support, when installing from third party (not the dealer). has anyone tried it? What one do with the stock RCD 320 in this case?

2. VW polo 3D mats for 7K. I know 3D kagu are available for 5.5 K. But I did remember reading some post which says 3D Kagu doesn't fit too well in GT TSI?

I got mats for free from the dealer, but those were standard mats, not 3D kagu.

Regarding the navigation system, RCD works quite well for the basic stuff, and you could always use that money you save from not getting the blaupunkt on a nice new iPhone . What I'm trying to say is that, consider the use case, if you think you're going to use it often enough then go ahead, if not, then you're better of sticking to stock. If its reverse camera, in my case i managed to get the reverse camera for about 9k, you can check on that.
HeavyFuelRun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 23:05   #2359
BHPian

Quote:

1000Horses, based on what I have read on this forum, the Blaupankt 835 has delay issues. If you are willing to spend a little more the Dynavin is a great option. I know a couple of people who have installed it and are very happen. Here is a link to it:
http://www.vagtune.com/volkswagen/vw...n-vw-n6-detail

I personally went for the RCD510 because it was a cheaper option and I did not care for navigation. My main requirement was rearview camera output in the HU and the RCD510 provided that. The HU only cost me 12K including cables, bluetooth module and shipping.

Regarding the mats my dealer did not give me an option for 3D mats. I went with their rubber mats because they fit the GT TSI with footrest perfectly. If VW provides 3D mats which accommodates the footrest then go for it. The 3D kagu mats are great but they do not have a cut-out for the footrest.

Last edited by crskumar : 14th November 2014 at 23:08.
Old 15th November 2014, 17:39   #2360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
1000Horses, based on what I have read on this forum, the Blaupankt 835 has delay issues. If you are willing to spend a little more the Dynavin is a great option. I know a couple of people who have installed it and are very happen. Here is a link to it:
http://www.vagtune.com/volkswagen/vw...n-vw-n6-detail

I personally went for the RCD510 because it was a cheaper option and I did not care for navigation. My main requirement was rearview camera output in the HU and the RCD510 provided that. The HU only cost me 12K including cables, bluetooth module and shipping.

Regarding the mats my dealer did not give me an option for 3D mats. I went with their rubber mats because they fit the GT TSI with footrest perfectly. If VW provides 3D mats which accommodates the footrest then go for it. The 3D kagu mats are great but they do not have a cut-out for the footrest.
Yes Dynavin is also an good option and so is RCD 510. But unfortunately dealer is not offering it. The way things go here, what ever you get installed from dealer will not void warranty, but putting a TBHP sticker from outside may damage electrical circuits and will void all kind of warranty. Anyway lets see how it goes.

regarding mats, yes rubber mats are available for 2K but polo 3d mats looks awesome. I will stick to 3D polo mats. Thanks once again.
Old 17th November 2014, 22:23   #2361
BHPian

A question to all the TSI owners from a TDI owner. Could anybody here descibe the 1st service experience in terms of issues (major/minor) noticed-fixed & charges incurred. Reason I ask is because I am planning to buy a second car in the family for my wife & want to get a TSI owner's prespective on maintenance costs.
Old 18th November 2014, 17:13   #2362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
1000Horses, based on what I have read on this forum, the Blaupankt 835 has delay issues.
What delay issues? I haven't encountered any. From what I've seen here with Dynavin, being a new platform, it has a lot more teething issues.

Quote:
Yes Dynavin is also an good option and so is RCD 510. But unfortunately dealer is not offering it. The way things go here, what ever you get installed from dealer will not void warranty, but putting a TBHP sticker from outside may damage electrical circuits and will void all kind of warranty. Anyway lets see how it goes.
if music is your main purpose, the RCD 320 is fine, just change the speakers. Makes a big difference.
Old 18th November 2014, 19:48   #2363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
What delay issues? I haven't encountered any. From what I've seen here with Dynavin, being a new platform, it has a lot more teething issues.

Having used both, I can say both have issues. But the 835 has got to go through a complete revision to even compare to Dynavin N6's performance and quality. I installed 835 when a cousin of mine installed it in his car and recommended me. I could not live with it and moved on. Recently I met him and before I even mentioned anything about Dynavin, he said he needs to replace his 835, among other things we discussed car related.
Old 19th November 2014, 09:53   #2364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Having used both, I can say both have issues. But the 835 has got to go through a complete revision to even compare to Dynavin N6's performance and quality. I installed 835 when a cousin of mine installed it in his car and recommended me. I could not live with it and moved on. Recently I met him and before I even mentioned anything about Dynavin, he said he needs to replace his 835, among other things we discussed car related.
Perhaps an earlier version of the 835's firmware was buggy but mine, which is a few months old, has no issues of the sort that I have read here. Also Ajay, may I ask, when you were changing HU's in your car had you changed/upgraded your speakers?
Old 19th November 2014, 10:55   #2365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps an earlier version of the 835's firmware was buggy but mine, which is a few months old, has no issues of the sort that I have read here. Also Ajay, may I ask, when you were changing HU's in your car had you changed/upgraded your speakers?
Agreed. I have the BP 835 on my Laura. Faced some delay issues and screen getting stuck etc... Later updated the firmware to the latest version and all those issues are sorted out as of now. The HU does what its supposed to do, but it lacks the finesse that a top of the line branded system should have.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 11:11   #2366
BHPian

Quote:

May be 835 is already revised and all bugs rectified in some post Jan '14 firmware update. I got mine updated in Jan '14, but that din't help much. Wonder if my cousin tried an update lately on his 835. May be he'll be happy with 835 too after an update.

No Starscream, Din't feel the need to upgrade speakers. With RCD 510, RNS 510 and Dynavin, these speakers perform great. It's pure listening pleasure. With the same set of speakers and only swapping the HUs, I would rate the sound quality in the following sequence
1) RNS 510 / Columbus - No match.. The ultimate!
2) Dynavin N6 VW - Closely behind RNS 510
3) Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835
4) RCD 510 / Bolero - Does sound good but 835 scores as it has more sound adjusments
5) Audiosources DNS 810
Old 19th November 2014, 12:23   #2367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
May be 835 is already revised and all bugs rectified in some post Jan '14 firmware update. I got mine updated in Jan '14, but that din't help much. Wonder if my cousin tried an update lately on his 835. May be he'll be happy with 835 too after an update.

No Starscream, Din't feel the need to upgrade speakers. With RCD 510, RNS 510 and Dynavin, these speakers perform great. It's pure listening pleasure. With the same set of speakers and only swapping the HUs, I would rate the sound quality in the following sequence
1) RNS 510 / Columbus - No match.. The ultimate!
2) Dynavin N6 VW - Closely behind RNS 510
3) Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835
4) RCD 510 / Bolero - Does sound good but 835 scores as it has more sound adjusments
5) Audiosources DNS 810
Ajay, in my opinion, irrespective of the HU, the speakers are the weakest link in an OE set up. And although the VW ones are better than a Honda, for example, they are still quite basic. Perhaps a change of speakers will take your Dynavin experience to another level.

In my case, the 835 powers Focal speakers and the sound this set up produces is quite good.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 16:42   #2368
BHPian

I need some advice people. I got a Petes remap on my TSI more than a month ago. About a week ago i went to this car accessories store to have a steering control adapter interface installed for my JVC stereo. While the technicians at the store were fiddling with the wiring of my stereo my cars battery went flat and it wouldn't crank. I had to call the VW road side assistance guys who came and jump started my car. On my way home i noticed that the car had lost the crazy punch and power that it had post remap. In other words it felt as though it was stock again. I thought that this was because the ECU must have reset and the DSG needs to relearn my driving habits and hence i am feeling as though the car is behaving stock. However this does not seem to be the case because even after a week has elapsed the car still feels stock and the raw power i felt after the remap is missing. Though i did not time my 0-100 sprints after the remap i can vouch for the fact that the car now feels like the stock TSI and not a remapped TSI. I emailed Petes about this however i did not receive any response from them. I called the Petes guy who remapped my car and he can only come to my city after a fortnight which is when he will take a look and reinstall the remap again. I did my own research on google to see if a battery that goes flat effects a remapped ECU where in it goes back to stock and most of the answers that i came across were in the negative. However i also found a minor number of articles on google where in people stated that a flat battery tends to make the cars ECU revert to stock settings even if a remapped file is present on it. Can any of you throw more light on this subject while i wait until the Petes guy arrives to reconfigure my cars remap.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 17:00   #2369
BHPian

Test drove the TSI (pre-facelift) last weekend. As specified by many, the DSG is awesome!!. One wont realize the shift happening behind and its fasstt. Sport mode in city is pointless as it tends to hold the gear for long, makes the car loud but doesn't give the oomph. Sport mode is for highway. Triptronic works flawless.

On an undulated road with some speed, the car tends to unsettle, May be i got spoiled by Ford. Ride and handling is ok-ok to me.

Lastly about the dealer, VW @ CIT nagar Chennai. They said for TSI there will be 2.5 months of waiting period, but the refreshed Polo is available for immediate delivery.

Met one funny SA, When i asked him about the DSG reliability issue reported, he was saying, Sir those were made in China, now the company is directly supplying the DSG, so no issues . I just smiled and didn't talked anything further.

OTR comes to 9.46 L, he quoted some 38k for insurance, when i asked him about taking Insurance from outside, he said "No sir, company won't allow that".

On the way back saw the Fiat showroom, Avventura was on the display so just went in to have a look. The car is a looker. Also test drove the Punto Evo 75 HP, I just LOVED the way the car drives. AWESOME. This is why people love FIAT. Its one heavy car and the way the door shuts ensure its a tank, its better than VW.
Interior plastic quality is cheap, (Steering tilt lever, seat height adjustment lever, etc)Rear legroom is in-existent if i set to drive (Im 6.2), Gear shift is too rubbery, Fabric Seats on 75hp Emotion were too soft to my liking (maybe a seat cover might help) but all these went out of my mind when i drive that. The same road where i felt restless to cross 60 on a Polo TSI was a cake walk for Punto. Its Dynamic and ride quality makes it a king on road. The OEM audio system too sounds way better.

Now even after 5 days, i haven't got any follow up call from VW. but got two follow up calls from Fiat. They were ready to sent Avventura to my office/home for TD. Fiat is listening it seems. If things goes +ve on Fiat sales/service my next car will be undoubtedly from Fiat stable.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 19:33   #2370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Met one funny SA, When i asked him about the DSG reliability issue reported, he was saying, Sir those were made in China, now the company is directly supplying the DSG, so no issues . I just smiled and didn't talked anything further.
Actually even when I asked my dealer about DSG reliability I was told about how the ones with issues were being sourced from China and the ones that we get in India are sourced from VW in Germany. Does this check out? For both, issues with earlier ones and also reliaiblity of current lots.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks