Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 14:28   #2371
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Need help with my TSI. I bought a pre-worshipped TSI (long story which will be revealed in my upcoming review) and I just noticed the rear door speakers are not working. I think it is some control on the RCD 320 but I cannot find the Fader control anywhere on the system. Is there some way to reset it to factory defaults without using a VAG COM cable (that I do not have access to)? Experts, please advise. Thanks,
Old 21st November 2014, 17:38   #2372
BANNED

this was over a period of about 15 kms delhi to gurgaon with a light foot at speeds around 60 km/hr with 2 people on board.....
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20141121wa0005.jpg  

Old 21st November 2014, 17:45   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
this was over a period of about 15 kms delhi to gurgaon with a light foot at speeds around 60 km/hr with 2 people on board.....
Thats amazing, the best ive seen so far is 16.9 kmpl.
Old 23rd November 2014, 06:53   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
Need help with my TSI. I bought a pre-worshipped TSI (long story which will be revealed in my upcoming review) and I just noticed the rear door speakers are not working. I think it is some control on the RCD 320 but I cannot find the Fader control anywhere on the system. Is there some way to reset it to factory defaults without using a VAG COM cable (that I do not have access to)? Experts, please advise. Thanks,

You can adjust the volume settings by clicking on Menu button. Speed Volume, On volume can be adjusted by selecting Setup which appears after you choose Menu.

If this doesn't work, take it to a VW workshop. They should take care of everything the car is under warranty.
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 09:49   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
You can adjust the volume settings by clicking on Menu button. Speed Volume, On volume can be adjusted by selecting Setup which appears after you choose Menu.

If this doesn't work, take it to a VW workshop. They should take care of everything the car is under warranty.
Thanks, Astonite. The setting that you have mentioned only adjusts the level of volume when I turn on the engine and when the vehicle is moving in speed. It does not provide front and rear speaker adjustment settings, per se. I do not have have any 'Fader' specific control when I access the Setup menu- only Balance. Can someone tell me if you have a Fader setting when you access the Setup option in the RCD 320? I cannot find a mention of a Fader setting in the RCD 320 manual either, so a little perplexed. If nothing works then I will take it to the workshop any way, but just checking with fellow TSI owners here in case there is something silly that I am missing here. Any help in this will be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by 4nd3r50n : 24th November 2014 at 09:54.
Old 24th November 2014, 10:14   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
Thanks, Astonite. The setting that you have mentioned only adjusts the level of volume when I turn on the engine and when the vehicle is moving in speed. It does not provide front and rear speaker adjustment settings, per se. I do not have have any 'Fader' specific control when I access the Setup menu- only Balance. Can someone tell me if you have a Fader setting when you access the Setup option in the RCD 320? I cannot find a mention of a Fader setting in the RCD 320 manual either, so a little perplexed. If nothing works then I will take it to the workshop any way, but just checking with fellow TSI owners here in case there is something silly that I am missing here. Any help in this will be much appreciated. Thanks
My pleasure! That is the only place wherein you can make any changes. How about checking with sound gurus in the in-car entertainment section?
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 13:36   #2377
BHPian

Did anyone have trouble finding the right seating position? Any suggestions?
Old 26th November 2014, 19:24   #2378
BHPian

Hello, I am on the verge of getting a Polo GT TSi. I have been torn between the GT TDi and TSi, with heart inclined towards TSi and head towards TDi. You guessed it right, Running costs bother me.

I have a question for all the GT TSi owners and enthusiasts, In a best case scenario with very light foot and driving in a higher gear at respective speeds to squeeze the best mileage, How much mileage can one achieve and sustain on the GT TSi?

To give everyone an idea, I am a very efficient driver and my driving style is able to squeeze very good mileage on diesel cars, (To give a perspective, I get 18 on fiesta whereas my driver only manages 16, I get 16 on Passat TDi in city when I am driving, my father only manages 14).

I have no experience with petrol cars and how to achieve the max mileage with them. Last petrol car i drove was a zen that too 8 years back. But I assume TSi should behave similarly to TDi. Am I right? Thanks.

Last edited by Crazy_Bean : 26th November 2014 at 19:26.
Old 26th November 2014, 20:38   #2379
BANNED

with a mix style of driving, I have been getting about 11 km/L tankful to tankful using speed 97.

the above is in a mix of traffic and open roads that new delhi provides.

in the beginning it was about 10 km/L. currently I'm at 3000 kms on the odo so I expect the mileage to improve by 1 to 2 km/L more as the engine settles in by 10000 km.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 26th November 2014 at 20:40.
rana_kirti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 20:50   #2380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Hello, I am on the verge of getting a Polo GT TSi. I have been torn between the GT TDi and TSi, with heart inclined towards TSi and head towards TDi. You guessed it right, Running costs bother me.

I have a question for all the GT TSi owners and enthusiasts, In a best case scenario with very light foot and driving in a higher gear at respective speeds to squeeze the best mileage, How much mileage can one achieve and sustain on the GT TSi?
After 8,000 kms my mileage has settled at about 13 kmpl with a/c on in the city. But that is with lots of bursts of acceleration and speeds hitting 120 km/hr on empty stretches. When I was feathering my Vento TSI during run in it returned 16 kmpl.

One question, are you agnostic to the transmission type? Because the TDI is not an automatic..
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 23:21   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
After 8,000 kms my mileage has settled at about 13 kmpl with a/c on in the city. But that is with lots of bursts of acceleration and speeds hitting 120 km/hr on empty stretches. When I was feathering my Vento TSI during run in it returned 16 kmpl.

One question, are you agnostic to the transmission type? Because the TDI is not an automatic..
Ok, promising response then. Let me give you some more details and my current mindset.

I stay in Gurgaon and drive to Chandigarh once a month. Having observed my monthly running in the current setup, I can safely say that I will be driving close to 12k Kms per year. That's about 1 k a month with 500 Km in City and 500Km on the highway. Out of the 500Km in the city about 300Km should be in moderate traffic conditions, where car can coast efficiently at 50 kmph.
My driving style is probably similar to yours where I like to push the car at times, but most of the time I am very sedate.

Now about automatic, I feel an automatic transmission (that too like DSG) gives a car oodles of character and some level of luxury that a manual cant match. Tell me what you feel about these thoughts

SO effectively I am not in a situation where I NEED an automatic, Its more like I WANT an automatic.

Now I am not considering the Vento/Rapid TDi DSG (Best of both worlds) as they are sedans and I am specifically looking for a small car. I am open to all hatchbacks.

Sometimes, I say to myself why not the i20 if it has to be a manual diesel. But heart is stuck on the polo, so please help me make a wise decision, where I am able to not only enjoy the car but also have a peaceful (read: economical) ownership. It still is GT TDi vs GT TSi

PS: If I am able to squeeze 16 km/l from the GT TSi then it becomes a no brainer i guess, coz I would not get more than 18 km/l from diesel and its not a huge trade off. confusion --- confusion

Another thing I wanted to ask, What is the maintenance cycle of 1.2 TSi DSG like (KMs?) and How much does it generally cost, compared to diesel, per service?

Last edited by Crazy_Bean : 26th November 2014 at 23:23.
Old 27th November 2014, 01:00   #2382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now about automatic, I feel an automatic transmission (that too like DSG) gives a car oodles of character and some level of luxury that a manual cant match. Tell me what you feel about these thoughts
In many ways, I'd say the exact opposite. It's true that there is a luxury connotation, because of the obviously higher price, but going beyond that, you'd have to say what you mean by character.

Most of the people who would, for instance, adopt the motto Live to Drive would be sticking with manual gearboxes. They would feel that they are in control of that first-gear oomph, and that, to them, is a blend of the car's character and their character.

The auto-box drivers are more likely to be pragmatic guys who want the least amount of work to do when driving.

These are huge generalisation, and hopelessly wrong in many cases! It's also all a matter of perception. Some auto gearboxes can be just as exciting as a manual.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 09:12   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
I have got following mileage(best) in light footed driving
- Highway 18 kmpl

Data from FuelLog
I have also captured the fuel consumption using the FuelLog(Android application which captures mileage - tank full) for around 20,000 kms
- Best 15.29 kmpl
- Average 12.87 kmpl
- worst 11.32 kmpl

I drive around 2000 kms in a month
- 1200 kms in moderate traffic(light footed with occasional bursts) in Bangalore
- 800 kms highway drive(heavy footed) once in a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
These are huge generalisation, and hopelessly wrong in many cases! It's also all a matter of perception. Some auto gearboxes can be just as exciting as a manual.
:-) I would say Polo DSG(combined with the paddle shifter) is one such gearbox.

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 27th November 2014 at 09:16.
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 10:24   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
In many ways, I'd say the exact opposite.
I agree with that, maybe the reason I say this is that it will be my first Automatic and a new mechanical in a car fascinates me.

And its only DSGs that I fancy, I don't consider other automatics as real automatics. I feel they are there to only ease everyday driving on account of fuel efficiency, power, ratios and driving feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have got following mileage(best) in light footed driving
- Highway 18 kmpl

Data from FuelLog
I have also captured the fuel consumption using the FuelLog(Android application which captures mileage - tank full) for around 20,000 kms
- Best 15.29 kmpl
- Average 12.87 kmpl
- worst 11.32 kmpl
Ok, Thanks for the inputs, The best mileage of 15.29 was over tankful to tankful right? What do you think was the reason for it to drop down to 12.87?

Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 10:57   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, Thanks for the inputs, The best mileage of 15.29 was over tankful to tankful right?
Yes, it is over tankful to tankful. Please note that this is not average fuel efficiency.
Quote:
What do you think was the reason for it to drop down to 12.87?
, it is not really a drop. This is combined(both city and highway drives) average fuel efficiency.

One more thing which might help you in comparing
- I have used the Petrol Swift(for last 5 years). I would say that I get "similar fuel efficiency" in Swift Petrol and Polo GT TSi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks