Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2014, 21:24   #2416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth View Post
Polo 1.2 tsi or a pre worshipped laura 1.8 tsi? Which is more fun to drive ?

1.8 Laura any day! Go for it plus a remap.
Old 5th December 2014, 22:30   #2417
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Existing owners - has anyone ever managed to get a dealer's discount on the GT TSi? What about accessories as freebies?
Old 5th December 2014, 23:16   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Existing owners - has anyone ever managed to get a dealer's discount on the GT TSi? What about accessories as freebies?
Got my red beauty yesterday. And yes corporate discount of Rs 3750 Do I need to say more. NO freebies.

Keeping the discount part aside I had fantastic experience dealing with BU Bandari Pune. Right from the day I walked in to checkout the GT TSI and till the day of delivery. Simply exceptional. The sales executive was outright fantastic be it follow ups, test drives, vehicle availability, booking and delivery within promised time line.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-_mg_9390.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-_mg_9386.jpg  

Last edited by 1000Horses : 5th December 2014 at 23:18.
1000Horses is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 23:20   #2419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Got my red beauty yesterday.
Congratulations! I'm getting mine (a red too) on Sunday (hopefully)!
greenh0rn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 10:53   #2420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Got my red beauty yesterday. And yes corporate discount of Rs 3750 Do I need to say more. NO freebies.
Noticed Polo seat covers. Can you please put a pic of the seat covers and also mention the price if possible?
Old 6th December 2014, 13:08   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
Noticed Polo seat covers. Can you please put a pic of the seat covers and also mention the price if possible?
Thanks, Yes pictures to follow soon. These slip on covers are temporary solution, doesn't really fit like the original ones. But looks ok. Price was 6.2K.
Old 6th December 2014, 13:36   #2422
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Just remapped my car to "Performance" map from Petes .

Where, How,..:
Place: Head Over Wheels, Whitefield, Bangalore.
Power Upgrade : ~125 PS
Torque Upgrade : ~200 NM
Cost : Rs 24,000

Big thanks to Robi:
Big thanks to Robi in clarifying my silly doubts, and introducing me to Shibin.
According to Shibin, Petes has two maps "Performance" and "Aggressive". As the name suggests "Aggressive" delivers more performance. After the consultation with Robi, I opted for the "Performance" map.

Procedure:
- Went to Petes on 05th-Nov. Shibin said he would need to scan the car, and send the details to "Custom Code"(UK). He took hardly 3 minutes to scan the car. He said it would take a day for the "remapped file" to arrive from "Custom Code"
- Today, again went to Petes. Shibin uploaded the "remapped file" which took around 3 minutes. Then he took a short test drive.

Misconceptions(from my side):
- I was under the impression that standard map would be given to me. But Shibin told me that as a policy(Petes), they do not give the standard map. However, they store it with them.
- I was also thinking that Pete's provides unlimited number of upgrades(e.g if I am not happy with the "Performance" map, I could upgrade to "Aggressive" map for free). This is not the case. We need pay for every upgrade, where as reverting back to "Standard map" or reapplying the earlier map(e.g in my case "Performance" map) is free.

Overall experience:
Overall I had a good experience with Shibin.

To be continued:
As many people in the forum have already mentioned "DSG ECU makes use of the fuzzy logic, so remap would take some time show the results".

Since, I have installed the "FuelLog"(Android app for measuring the fuel efficiency which already has 10 month's of data), I should be able to check the FE too(i.e before and after the remap).

I shall update my findings after couple of days.
hi rohan,

so we believe you have now lived with the remap now for almost a month now. the remap must have settled in by now and adjusted/adapted to your driving style.

we are looking forward to a detailed review of the how the remap has impacted the car's performance both in the D and the S mode. Also any affect to the fuel economy etc ?

Could you also tell us the difference between the Performance vs. Aggressive Remap ? and why you decided to go with the Performance version over the Aggressive one ?

Thanks a ton...
Old 6th December 2014, 13:40   #2423
Senior - BHPian

Saw a nearly new 1.2 GT TSI being towed on a flatbed today at the Meerut highway to Delhi. Car bore a UK registration. Hope its not the infamous DSG issue with the DQ200!
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 13:44   #2424
BHPian

Guys with a Pete's remap - can you please tell me if there's a workshop in Delhi or NCR region? Might need to visit them soon
Old 7th December 2014, 10:11   #2425

Hi all, this is my first post after lurking on these forums for about 2 years. Thanks to all the information on these forums, I booked a Polo TSI which I should receive next week. Ex-showroom was 8.35 lakhs Chandigarh, delivery time around 5 weeks. As has been mentioned by several others, there really is no comparison if you want a automatic hatch which you can enjoy driving (disclaimer - I have not driven the new i20)

I have a quick question regarding tyres – is Michelin XM2s the final verdict on best possible upgrade? Also, it would be great if anyone could suggest a dealer in Chandigarh who would be willing to exchange the stock tyres. Recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 20:42   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubstar View Post
I have a quick question regarding tyres – is Michelin XM2s the final verdict on best possible upgrade? Also, it would be great if anyone could suggest a dealer in Chandigarh who would be willing to exchange the stock tyres. Recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Better talk to tyre dealers for replacement of tyres. I changed mine to Bridgestone Potenzas and got full MRP of stock tyres.
1000Horses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 22:53   #2427
BHPian

So, this happened earlier today. A detailed initial ownership thread coming up soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20141207_143405.jpg  

greenh0rn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 08:11   #2428
Team-BHP Support

Congrats... Legolas, son of Thranduil, son of Oropher. Didn't know VW had a dealership in Woodland realm.
Samurai is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 08:49   #2429
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
So, this happened earlier today. A detailed initial ownership thread coming up soon.
So what exactly happened? The car, or the Face-Off look?
Congrats, and looking forward to the review (Depending on the answer to the previous question)
Old 8th December 2014, 09:29   #2430
BHPian

Thanks @Samurai @benbsb29! The review shall be of GT, not of my photoshop skills!

Owners- two quick questions. Do we need to run the TSI engine in or can I get on with the S mode already? I couldn't find anything on running in in the owner's manual, so am thinking it might be unnecessary.

Secondly, when I connect my Android phone to RCD320, phone asks for permission to read contacts and call history, and yet I can't do anything with contacts on the RCD320. When someone calls, I don't even see their name, just the number on the RCD320 screen. Is this a bug?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks