Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:14   #2491
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Btw I noticed there's no separate dipstick to check the AT gear oil level. What is the specified interval for changing the AT gear oil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
According to VW android app, its 60,000 kms.
Thats surprising, because the DSG is a sealed for life unit. the android app may not be updated and could be listing the older torque converter AT service interval.

Also, my laura DSG has done 122 K kms, and DSG hasn't been touched yet.

Quote:
[*] Horn sounds terrible [/list]
I had the same reaction. Thats the first thing you should get changed, and get a dual tone immediately
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:47   #2492
BHPian

Re: Tyre Experiences with my GT TSI....!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
2. 195 60 15

The next best upsize which most owners go for...This is good tyre upsize size for the guy whose primary requirements are ride quality, minimum road noise and comfort followed by handling.
Rana what I thought while making my upgrade decision was this: Going for 195/60 is a middle-of-the-road bet, I won't see any improvement in handling and the incremental increase in ride quality may not justify the money I'd spend to replace the stock tyres. As you said, stock tyres are also damn good and may serve well for most drivers (certainly on ride quality). If I had to upgrade, it was purely for handling and there 205/55/15 or 205/50/16 is the proper choice. If you are going the hog, go the whole hog! My $0.02
Old 23rd December 2014, 15:11   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Also, my laura DSG has done 122 K kms, and DSG hasn't been touched yet.

AFAIK, oil change for DSG box is every 60K Kms. Do confirm same with your A.S.S. If the oil hasn't been renewed in your car without your knowledge yet, I think you have missed 2 oil changes. I know that some MT boxes in Skoda/VW come sealed for life and require no oil change.
Old 23rd December 2014, 15:53   #2494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
AFAIK, oil change for DSG box is every 60K Kms. Do confirm same with your A.S.S. If the oil hasn't been renewed in your car without your knowledge yet, I think you have missed 2 oil changes. I know that some MT boxes in Skoda/VW come sealed for life and require no oil change.
I may have missed that bit. My cars are usually serviced in chandigarh, and the driver takes it for servicing. but I recall that when i bought the car, the sales guy mentioned that the DSG is sealed for life
Old 23rd December 2014, 16:09   #2495
BHPian

Quote:
I may have missed that bit. My cars are usually serviced in chandigarh, and the driver takes it for servicing. but I recall that when i bought the car, the sales guy mentioned that the DSG is sealed for life

Actually I was misguided same way too. But during my recent visit to Skoda Service for my Yeti's 60K service, I double checked. I hope the service guys checked and made sure before finally confirming to me that my manual box is sealed for life and DSGs require 60K oil changes. You could never be too sure with these guys. You could check 60K service requirements for your Laura on Skoda website. Must give you the clear picture.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 16:45   #2496
BHPian

Quote:
Actually I was misguided same way too. But during my recent visit to Skoda Service for my Yeti's 60K service, I double checked. I hope the service guys checked and made sure before finally confirming to me that my manual box is sealed for life and DSGs require 60K oil changes. You could never be too sure with these guys. You could check 60K service requirements for your Laura on Skoda website. Must give you the clear picture.
Better still, I will go home today and check the bills. Although my last 2 services have been at a non dealer workshop, the 60k km service was done at workshop. so it should be there.
Old 23rd December 2014, 22:34   #2497
BANNED

Quote:
Better still, I will go home today and check the bills. Although my last 2 services have been at a non dealer workshop, the 60k km service was done at workshop. so it should be there.
Doesn't seem to show the oil change, however the synthetic to mineral oil change did happen, so it might not be sealed for life.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-60dsg.png  

Old 23rd December 2014, 23:48   #2498
BHPian

Is there a plan to plonk the 1.4 tsi on the Polo GT?
I know Vw made it clear that the 1.8 TSI of the current UK spec GTI would not make it to India, but any news on this would be helpful!
Old 23rd December 2014, 23:56   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Doesn't seem to show the oil change, however the synthetic to mineral oil change did happen, so it might not be sealed for life.
ATF shown in the very list posted by you is the oil change for DSG box. Already been discussed in Laura technical threads long back.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 00:14   #2500
BANNED

Quote:
ATF shown in the very list posted by you is the oil change for DSG box. Already been discussed in Laura technical threads long back.
Ah, so it must stand for Automatic Transmission Fluid. I stand corrected.
Should be similar for the Polo. I'll inquire about it when I go for the scheduled check up.
--
H
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 00:39   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Here's a screen shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-screenshot_20141224003247.jpg  

Last edited by drpudhi : 24th December 2014 at 00:44.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 13:41   #2502
BANNED

Re: Tyre Experiences with my GT TSI....!!

Quote:
The problem is comfort tyres like P3ST are not available in 205/55/15 or 205/50/16. The S drives etc... are sporty tyres where the rubber hardens with age and as a result the ride deteriorates.

I find the ride to be exemplary with the stock Alnacs. They are very silent too. Don't know how long they will remain silent though. But I am missing that X factor with the handling. I am kind of spoilt by my Laura which runs on Michelin Pilot sport 3's with Bilstien B6 shocks. It gives me the perfect blend of sportiness and comfort. The PS3's are such nice tyres - Terrific performance, yet supple and quiet.

I am keen on the B6's for the Polo too along with 16" alloys. But then the ride will surely go for a toss. I wondering whether the B6's with stock Alnacs may be a good idea to start with.
currently, body roll is a bit more than i like. i feel the right combo here is to go with B6 and stay at 15 with 205 55 15 to preserve the ride quality. though 16 would look so beautiful and probably you could get decent/passable ride quality with B6 + 205 50 16 depending on roads of your particular city.

be sure to put lighter alloys if you go 16 coz one of our members in the whatsapp group reports that he feels a distinct loss of acceleration after going 16 inch with heavier alloys. so that's something to keep in mind.

cheers
Old 25th December 2014, 01:07   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Just got delivery of my flash red tsi quick question, do they give an owners manual? I think its missing from my list of documents
bottle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 10:14   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Just got delivery of my flash red tsi quick question, do they give an owners manual? I think its missing from my list of documents
Firstly congrats on getting your GT, coming to your question... Yes, you should get one manual for the car and one separately for the music player. These are the 2 that I got with mine. Others on the thread may chine in if there is anything else other than what I mentioned.

Cheers
raghu4222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 09:33   #2505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu4222 View Post
Firstly congrats on getting your GT, coming to your question... Yes, you should get one manual for the car and one separately for the music player. These are the 2 that I got with mine. Others on the thread may chine in if there is anything else other than what I mentioned.

Cheers
Thanks, It was left in the glove box and not the bag of documents given by dealer, silly miss

Most Viewed