Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2015, 13:15   #2521
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Thanks Vinod, the techs have agreed to swap when I told them I don't like to do any aftermarket work, especially related to wiring, they are looking for a 2014 VIN to study the wiring...
Hope they are able to do it flawlessly.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 13:21   #2522
BANNED

this is great news. i'm really keen on this. whats the total rough cost outline for this ?
rana_kirti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 16:26   #2523
BHPian

Hey fellas..
Ive booked a Polo GT tsi today at VW mysore road.
Expected delivery is at the end of this month. But the major problem is that they did not have a demo car with them.
Have any of you experienced this??
ayush1434 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 16:30   #2524
BHPian

I have been trying to get myself a TD of the GT TSI for quite some time now. We only have a dealer at Guwahati and they have informed me that they don't have a TD car and don't plan to get one. I may end up buying one without a TD too.
Old 4th January 2015, 12:19   #2525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
Hey fellas..
Expected delivery is at the end of this month. But the major problem is that they did not have a demo car with them.
The dealer in Visakhapatnam (AP) did not have a demo GT TSI and i purchased the vehicle solely based on reviews when the car was launched back in 2013.
Old 5th January 2015, 13:09   #2526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
this is great news. i'm really keen on this. whats the total rough cost outline for this ?
They will do this work tomorrow (I have to leave the car for a day as they want to ensure they do a good job with wiring and not cut corners). The headlamps cost ~Rs.12,500 each, so total damage to the pocket should be ~Rs.30,000 (considering extra wires, connectors and labor)

I will update in a couple of days on how this goes.
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 13:37   #2527
BHPian

@anandpadhye, this is excellent news. I'm assuming that you have checked and doublechecked with VW that this will not affect your vehicle warranty in any manner? I am actually looking to get this change done too hence your experience will be very relevant. Also, what about the old headlights? Will VW be providing any discount for that...or are you gonna take the Classifieds route to sell those?
4nd3r50n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 13:56   #2528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
Hey fellas..
This is common. When I purchased my Vento TSI, only VW Palace Cross had a TD car.

If I am not mistaken, VW Mysore Road and VW Palace Cross are part of the same group (Bangalore Motors). Palace Cross used to have a TD car. You can maybe check with them.
Old 5th January 2015, 14:14   #2529
BHPian

Positive speculative news from Autocar! "Volkswagen mulling hotter Polos for India"
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 14:23   #2530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
They will do this work tomorrow (I have to leave the car for a day as they want to ensure they do a good job with wiring and not cut corners). The headlamps cost ~Rs.12,500 each, so total damage to the pocket should be ~Rs.30,000 (considering extra wires, connectors and labor)

I will update in a couple of days on how this goes.
I still feel that upgrading existing bulbs to a higher wattage with a plug-in relay circuit is a cheaper and better option. It's a very basic mod and does not involve any cutting of wires. Done it on the Vento 1.5 year back and no issue so far.
salilpawar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 20:05   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
This is common. When I purchased my Vento TSI, only VW Palace Cross had a TD car.

If I am not mistaken, VW Mysore Road and VW Palace Cross are part of the same group (Bangalore Motors). Palace Cross used to have a TD car. You can maybe check with them.
Thanks a lot.
The sales rep there , miss chaitanya , is a very responsive lady. When I had gone to book the car , even a demo car wasn't present. So she told me to come after some time as there was a flash red GT being delivered there.
So responsiveness of the staff is excellent.
Note - I will put all this in my ownership report.
So please bear with me.
Old 6th January 2015, 16:03   #2532
zen
BHPian

Another proud GT TSI owner here. Picked up mine in Carbon Steel yesterday at the Mohite dealership in North Goa. Have been eyeing it since the initial version was launched and finally bit the bullet and booked the car last month and delivery happened in under a month.

OTR Cost - just under 9.5L (including zero dep insurance). Ex showroom was 818100.
Did not get a test drive of the car before booking but did get a look at the interiors on a car that was waiting to be delivered.

One surprise I had at the showroom when I went to pick up the car was that the tyres were Goodyear DP V1s. Asked the sales personnel about this and they said that the GTs come with these tyres instead of the Apollos which is not accurate from what I've read on here. Anyone else have a similar experience and I'd appreciate comments on how these tyres compare as I was planning on holding on to the stock tyres for a while.

Caused a little bit of drama at the showroom when I asked to verify the engine number and it took a few phone torch armed heads (including mine) under the bonnet and a few frantic calls to figure out where on the engine it was. (It's one of the numbers on the sticker on the side of the engine facing the driver).

On the drive home from the dealership, I heard a very soft rattle coming from the front passenger seat/glovebox area of the car. Went back to the showroom to get it checked and like all gremlins it didn't show up then. Heard it again a little bit after that and then seems to have disappeared. The showroom offered to have someone from the service center come to inspect it today but wasn't necessary.

Have been driving with the lightest foot possible and keeping the revs under 2.5k so far so haven't really experienced the TSI fairies yet but am absolutely loving the refined ride at 80 in D7 cruising along at under 2k rpm!

I've suddenly started receiving lots of car purchase related email spam from VW dealerships based in the US since slightly before I was informed of the chassis that was allocated to me. Seemed too strange to be a coincidence and just wondering if anyone else noticed this too.

One question I had for existing owners was whether the 'VW Service India' android app was of any real use. I've downloaded it but haven't fed my VIN details etc in. Is data after a service visible in the app etc?

Huge thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread and the initial ownership reports! Team-BHP has been my primary source of information with this buy.
zen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 08:21   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen View Post
..One surprise I had at the showroom when I went to pick up the car was that the tyres were Goodyear DP V1s. Asked the sales personnel about this and they said that the GTs come with these tyres instead of the Apollos which is not accurate from what I've read on here. Anyone else have a similar experience and I'd appreciate comments on how these tyres compare as I was planning on holding on to the stock tyres for a while.
So your happily driving with the Goodyear's?!? Many have taken delivery recently, but nobody mentioned this. You should have checked with some recent owners, or VW dealership outside Goa.

Quote:
On the drive home from the dealership, I heard a very soft rattle coming from the front passenger seat/glovebox area of the car. Went back to the showroom to get it checked and like all gremlins it didn't show up then. Heard it again a little bit after that and then seems to have disappeared. The showroom offered to have someone from the service center come to inspect it today but wasn't necessary.
In-cabin noise is common, its mostly the rubber beading rubbing and making noise.

Quote:
Have been driving with the lightest foot possible and keeping the revs under 2.5k so far so haven't really experienced the TSI fairies yet but am absolutely loving the refined ride at 80 in D7 cruising along at under 2k rpm!
No need. Rev the damn engine! Otherwise it'll get used to sedate driving style.

Quote:
I've suddenly started receiving lots of car purchase related email spam from VW dealerships based in the US since slightly before I was informed of the chassis that was allocated to me. Seemed too strange to be a coincidence and just wondering if anyone else noticed this too.
Nope, no spam mails from VW.

Quote:
One question I had for existing owners was whether the 'VW Service India' android app was of any real use. I've downloaded it but haven't fed my VIN details etc in. Is data after a service visible in the app etc?
Help during accident emergency calls, translating the sensor icon, service scheduling, etc. Doesnt take in VIN. No harm in downloading.
Old 7th January 2015, 08:34   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen View Post

Hi, Congrats on the new GT TSI. Please update about the rattle issue if it creeps up again. The grating sound from the rubber beading is a known issue in both Polos and Ventos.

Last edited by nidhinsarath : 7th January 2015 at 08:36.
Old 7th January 2015, 10:54   #2535
BHPian

Got my GT TSI flash red yesterday. Even I didn't get a TD since no demo car was available. Booked solely on the basis of reviews here. But I took a TD of a Polo TDI to see if I liked the ergonomics!!

Mine came with appollo alnacs though.

More importantly they made me sign a disclaimer stating that any mods done outside the showroom which requires wire cutting will void warranty. When asked if this was the norm, the guy said its already mentioned in the warranty but they are just making the customer more aware since all the TSI's are getting modded.

Here's a pic of mine ...
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20150105wa0011-large.jpg  

microaubin is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed