Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2015, 20:39   #2581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
While the tsi's ride quality is far, far better than the i10s, I have a surprising observation. In really 'sharp' bumps or ridges, for instance, concrete road slabs with different height/ manhole cover protruding out of the road, the TSI gives a sickening 'thud' of the dashboard. The i10 doesn't - maybe longer suspension travel..
That is enitrely normal. Polo's suspension does the job well but makes noise as you say. The sound is not well damped, the car thuds through large expansion joints or rumble strips.
It takes the pothole extremely well but the noise is scary.
Old 26th January 2015, 16:59   #2582
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Could members who have recently taken delivery of the face lift Gt Tsi confirm if the OEM tyres are Apollo Alnac 4g or just Apollo Alnac (rebranded accelere)?.

I will be getting my car in a few weeks time, need to know if it is important to change them to Michelin Primacy 3ST.
Old 26th January 2015, 17:45   #2583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Could members who have recently taken delivery of the face lift Gt Tsi confirm if the OEM tyres are Apollo Alnac 4g or just Apollo Alnac (rebranded accelere)?.

I will be getting my car in a few weeks time, need to know if it is important to change them to Michelin Primacy 3ST.
They are Apollo Alnac and not Alnac 4g. They are decent tyres if you ask me. Don't waste money on Michelins unnecessarily. I also am a Michelin fan and run Michelins on three of my cars. I took delivery of my GT TSI last month which came with Apolla Alnacs. I have no complaint whatsoever with the tyres. Of course whether these tyres age well, only time will tell. But as of now I have no complaints whatsoever and am quite happy.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 12:12   #2584
BHPian

Guys, just tried the DIY for the door rattles. It seems to be working :-). Thanks d_himan.

I used to get the door rattle during the drive on the bad roads.
Old 27th January 2015, 16:46   #2585
BHPian

Hi All,

Booked my Polo GT TSI last week.
I have tried reading through the threads but couldn't capture the exact information that I needed. So needed advice (sorry if is answered in detail before):
I have always driven diesel cars (Tata Safari, Optra Magnum and Vento TDI) and have no idea of running in a petrol automatic car. I wanted to know how to run-in the Polo GT TSI. could you guys give me some insight on the running in of this little monster?
Old 27th January 2015, 20:31   #2586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Hi All,

Booked my Polo GT TSI last week.
I have tried reading through the threads but couldn't capture the exact information that I needed. So needed advice (sorry if is answered in detail before):
I have always driven diesel cars (Tata Safari, Optra Magnum and Vento TDI) and have no idea of running in a petrol automatic car. I wanted to know how to run-in the Polo GT TSI. could you guys give me some insight on the running in of this little monster?
Go easy for the first 1000-1500 KM. But that does not mean not using the S mode or tiptronic. It is advisable to use these modes to ensure that the engine goes through a wide range of RPM's. Too much of pedal to the floor redlining should be avoided. The DSG is kind of a learning unit and will adapt to your driving style.

All the best and enjoy the car.
Old 28th January 2015, 06:14   #2587
BHPian

Hey guys !
Ive booked a VW polo GT tsi in the second week of january..
I should be getting it by February 2nd..
Any pointers as to what to see in the PDI ??
Old 28th January 2015, 07:52   #2588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
Hey guys !
Ive booked a VW polo GT tsi in the second week of january..
I should be getting it by February 2nd..
Any pointers as to what to see in the PDI ??

Hey ayush1434 congrats on your booking and wish you a happy motoring.

You will never regret your decision on owning a 1.2 TSI & DSG combo.

For your PDI related query, follow this link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
Old 28th January 2015, 09:52   #2589
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen,

Friend books a GT TSI at Apple VW (I told him not to book from these guys) on Dec 26. At the time of booking, the car costs a shade under 10lac on road. He was told that he will have to cough up whatever additional cost on the car after the price increase and will be given a 2015 manufactured car. It is delivery time now and the car being given is a Dec 2014 car but price to be paid is the revised cost which is 10.3xlac. They are not offering a 2015 car. They can only by end Feb or mid March. Made a casual call to VW Palace Cross to ask them if this is correct practise and they said it is not. Car booked at old price should be sold at old price and not at the revised rates.

To me, it makes no sense picking up a December 2014 car at the revised rates. My friend does not care about resale, it is more about should he pay or not. Please advice.
Old 28th January 2015, 10:03   #2590
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
To me, it makes no sense picking up a December 2014 car at the revised rates. My friend does not care about resale, it is more about should he pay or not. Please advice.
Why don't you check with Palace Cross showroom and see if they have a Dec 2014 model and if so, are they ready to give you the old price?
Old 28th January 2015, 10:12   #2591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

Friend books a GT TSI at Apple VW (I told him not to book from these guys) on Dec 26. At the time of booking, the car costs a shade under 10lac on road. He was told that he will have to cough up whatever additional cost on the car after the price increase and will be given a 2015 manufactured car. It is delivery time now and the car being given is a Dec 2014 car but price to be paid is the revised cost which is 10.3xlac. They are not offering a 2015 car. They can only by end Feb or mid March. Made a casual call to VW Palace Cross to ask them if this is correct practise and they said it is not. Car booked at old price should be sold at old price and not at the revised rates.

Technically I think they are correct. In general the price at the time of delivery is applicable. And since apart from the year, it is actually the same car, they are within their rights to demand the current price.

Now, from a moral side, what they did is wrong. If they had promised a 2015 car at the new price, they should have kept that promise, or at least offered a discount on the 2014 model. But considering my experience with VW Whitefield (and as you mentioned), they are more of a take it or leave it kind of dealer and I don't expect they will go out of the way to keep a customer happy.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 10:13   #2592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Why don't you check with Palace Cross showroom and see if they have a Dec 2014 model and if so, are they ready to give you the old price?
They have none.

My friend is willing to accept the car at the old price from Apple VW. It was false commitment from the dealer that a 2015 car is what will be delivered (communicated verbally) but at the new price. This was fine until discovering that the allocated car is last years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
they are more of a take it or leave it kind of dealer and I don't expect they will go out of the way to keep a customer happy.
Totally. Some months ago when a colleague went to book a Vento Tsi face lift, they claimed to have a car in stock. My friend wanted to check it out before making a booking to be sure it was the face lift they were selling. They were not too keen on showing the car. We were not asking for a PDI. I was not comfortable, nor was my friend with the idea of booking a car without really knowing what they were going to give. Cancelled the booking and went to Palace Cross and the sales experience was excellent.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 28th January 2015 at 10:23.
Old 28th January 2015, 15:22   #2593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Go easy for the first 1000-1500 KM. But that does not mean not using the S mode or tiptronic. It is advisable to use these modes to ensure that the engine goes through a wide range of RPM's. Too much of pedal to the floor redlining should be avoided. The DSG is kind of a learning unit and will adapt to your driving style.

All the best and enjoy the car.
Thanks Rajeevraj! any specific speed limits to be kept in mind for the first 1000-1500 KMs?

Hey ayush1434, same here, I am getting my car on 2nd Feb
Old 28th January 2015, 16:38   #2594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

Hi Sandeep.
Please ask your friend to meet Mr Kalyan, their sales Manager and sort out the issue with him. I am sure they will help you .
As far as i know , they receive 2-3 TSI every month , so they might be trying to push a one received in the month of December .

But yes, if the car is already registered under your friends name, then ask them for discounts .

Hope this helps .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 28th January 2015 at 16:40.
Old 28th January 2015, 18:05   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

This is so wrong by Apple VW!
Even I booked a Vento TSI around xmas with VW Palace cross. They called me few days back offering a Dec 2014 manufactured car at Dec rates instead of new rates. I was keen for a 2015 manufactured vehicle and hence declined the offer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks