Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2015, 20:15   #2626
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
.... to recommend the Laura as you'll only only find the diesel in DSG guise.
That works, I have had limited driving experience with the Laura Tsi, but have driven the crdi DSG lots and loved it so so much, I am absolutely fine with the 6 speed DSG 2.0 Tdi, whichever way, it'll still be more powerful than Polo, both in gear and outright and the 6 speed is reportedly more reliable.
The Polo Tsi is a great car, no doubt (surprising, because I never liked the earlier Polo), which is why I keep going back to it, only that it could do with more power. The brilliant Laura Tsi offers both exceptional power with an FE similar to the Polo.

Quote:
If you can stretch your budget, .... Frankly, if I weren't limited by my budget,
Budget is the spoil sport, the Laura Tsi during the phase out period was available with discounts, closer to 15L, the new one, both Jetta and Octavia is above 20L, guess I can at the most get to 15L, else I'll need to live on water till the car is cleared.

I need to redo the math, either ways I've spread the word with friends and contacts, that if anyone comes across a nice Laura example, to let me know, some of the cars I've seen under the hammer were high mileage examples, I guess it come naturally to an excellent drivers car and will have to resort to prayers to get a perfect car.
Alternately though its not among my initial options, I can talk to my uncle about the Tsi manual that I know off very well.
Old 6th February 2015, 00:27   #2627
BANNED

Polo is way too thirsty for petrol though.
With a diet of speed 97. It hurts even more.
Diesel is better in terms of power, but I'd still take my refined petrol over it.
Passat, if it's a highline. Run and get it.
Old 6th February 2015, 01:06   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I had called up Palace Cross to ask about waiting period and the sales guy said-'We say 2 months to customers but typically deliver in a month'.

Is your car allotted and only the delivery procedures are taking time or you have no info on the arrival of the car itself?
That's exactly what they told me. It must be their sales pitch for customers who are curious. The car has not been allotted to me, I have no information about when I am getting my car. When I called VW Palace Cross and asked them for a delivery date then the SA starts telling stuff about how they get cars in few numbers and the procedure for allotting them. Honestly to me it sounds like an excuse for late delivery.
Old 7th February 2015, 22:39   #2629
BHPian

Got a call from VW's head office. Here's how the conversation went:

Customer care executive: Hello, sir! Calling from VW this is a customer feedback call. Is this a good time to talk?.
Me: Okay go ahead. Let's talk.
Customer care executive: Sir you have booked a flash red gt tsi from VW sir.
Me: Yes I have.
Customer care executive: Sir how is the car?
Me: what?
Customer care executive: Sir, are you enjoying the car? Any problems or any feedback you would like to give about the car.
Me: what? Who are you?
Customer care executive: Sir, I am calling from VW main office sir. This call is regarding your feedback with the VW polo gt tsi car you purchased.
Me: I have not got the car yet!!!
Customer care executive: what?
Me: Yes, I have only booked a car from VW. I have not got a word about when it will be delivered nor is the SA willing to communicate with me. I have been calling them continuously they've not bothered to call back nor return my calls or even give me a vehicle for a test drive. I feel like I am talking to a tree when dealing with them.
Customer care executive: what?
Me: Yep, no vehicle, no communication, no feedback for you brotha!
Customer care executive: Sir, we're sorry from VW. There has been some miscommunication, we're very sorry VW doesn't deal like this. I will take this matter and give it a high priority, it seems the dealer is causing communication gap.
Me: Okay, sounds good. While you're at it could you look into allotting a car for me?.
Customer care executive: We will look into the problem sir. Have a good day, bye!

What the flinging flanging is going at VW, car is not allotted to me but I get a call from VW that the car has been sold. Sigh, I am still waiting for my red steed to arrive.

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 7th February 2015 at 22:41.
Old 7th February 2015, 22:44   #2630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
!

What the flinging flanging is going at VW, car is not allotted to me but I get a call from VW that the car has been sold. Sigh, I am still waiting for my red steed to arrive.
Sounds like a car was dispatched based on your booking but the dealer quietly sold it to someone else. Maybe it is time to go to the dealership and make some noise.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 10:20   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Polo is way too thirsty for petrol though.
With a diet of speed 97. It hurts even more.
Diesel is better in terms of power, but I'd still take my refined petrol over it.
Passat, if it's a highline. Run and get it.
The Tsi is very frugal if driven smoothly, normally. I used to get 10 kmpl in Swift vxi, 8 in i10 AT, 6.5 in Accord AT and 13 in the 1.2 Tsi in Bombay, my office commute.

The point is, only a saint can drive this car normally!
d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 11:23   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Sounds like a car was dispatched based on your booking but the dealer quietly sold it to someone else. Maybe it is time to go to the dealership and make some noise.
Just came back from the dealer. As usual gave me a bunch of useless excuses, asked him where is my car?, why am I getting a call from VW about car being delivered, why aren't you communicating properly? his behaviour went from friendly to defensive within a sec. What the hell, VW Palace cross dealer is acting like a spoilt brat, certainly no professionalism from their end.

VW need to take steps to prevent this from happening. Their dealer attitude s***s and I feel they are responsible for VW's declining customer satisfaction.
Old 11th February 2015, 18:28   #2633
a2k
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
The Tsi is very frugal if driven smoothly, normally. I used to get 10 kmpl in Swift vxi, 8 in i10 AT, 6.5 in Accord AT and 13 in the 1.2 Tsi in Bombay, my office commute.

The point is, only a saint can drive this car normally!
Hello I am just about to take delivery of a new GT TSI next week. I did the PDI today and noticed on the fuel tank says 95/91 RON/ROZ. I saw your post where you say you are using Speed 97. Isnt it higher than the manufacturer recommended RON? Since manufacturer recommended octane ratings are based off compression ratios of engines wouldn't you be harming your engine by using a RON greater than the recommended rating. Kindly forgive my ignorance if I have misunderstood anything here.
Old 11th February 2015, 21:55   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k View Post
Hello I am just about to take delivery of a new GT TSI next week. I did the PDI today and noticed on the fuel tank says 95/91 RON/ROZ. I saw your post where you say you are using Speed 97. Isnt it higher than the manufacturer recommended RON? Since manufacturer recommended octane ratings are based off compression ratios of engines wouldn't you be harming your engine by using a RON greater than the recommended rating. Kindly forgive my ignorance if I have misunderstood anything here.
From a harming engine point of view, lesser RON is more harmful and causes knocking, greater RON is fine.

The jury is out on Speed 97. Frankly, I think it makes the car a little bit more fuel efficient and smoother. In the TSI, people have reported increased acceleration post finishing up a couple of tankfuls. I've only been through half a tank so far and have seen increased smoothness and slightly better mileage.

However, some people also believe it doesn't make that much of a difference to go searching and paying a premium for 97.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 22:09   #2635
BANNED

Below 97 you have only 93 octane by Indian Oil. So that's a lower RON.
Frankly the car just dies when you use regular fuel. It's way smoother and aggressive on 97 more so if you've got a remap.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 11:17   #2636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
From a harming engine point of view, lesser RON is more harmful and causes knocking, greater RON is fine.

The jury is out on Speed 97. Frankly, I think it makes the car a little bit more fuel efficient and smoother. In the TSI, people have reported increased acceleration post finishing up a couple of tankfuls. I've only been through half a tank so far and have seen increased smoothness and slightly better mileage.

However, some people also believe it doesn't make that much of a difference to go searching and paying a premium for 97.
Using higher octane fuel than what is recommended may not harm the engine per se, but it should result in lower mileage, as the engine will not be able to burn the high octane fuel properly as it requires more heat (read compression) to burn completely. For the TSI engines 97 Octane is fine as it is close to the recommended RON of 95, but for other mainstream engines in the Indian market, 97 RON will not give any benefits. Rather it will result in reduced mileage.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 11:56   #2637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmin View Post
Hi,
Going a little bit offtopic here, but is anyone aware of when he Polo GT TDI will be launching with a DSG ? The Autocar India reports back in March 2014 suggested a late 2014 launch but no launch so far.
I am in the same boat mate. GT TDi DSG would be killer. I just hope VW launches it soon. Should be priced at around 8.7 L Ex showroom. As I have seen with VW, the rumors generally appear very close to launch, so cant say when it would reach us but anxiously waiting.
Old 13th February 2015, 00:30   #2638
BHPian

Dont expect the GT TdI to be noisefree ... Even as dsg. Owners who want a smooth drive should stick to the petrol dsg ... Else move to the Laura
Old 13th February 2015, 01:23   #2639
BANNED

The diesels are what they are, dirty diesels.
Even the Jetta diesel is crude. Stick to the TSI's is you crave refinement.
I have no clue about the diesel auto in polo. Seems to me they want to keep a gap between vento and polo.
Old 13th February 2015, 18:48   #2640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Using higher octane fuel than what is recommended...should result in lower mileage, as the engine will not be able to burn the high octane fuel properly as it requires more heat (read compression) to burn completely.
Are you quite sure about this? Or are you 'knocking' on the wrong door?
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks