Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2015, 01:14   #2641
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Are you quite sure about this? Or are you 'knocking' on the wrong door?
I think we are about to invent a direct injection compression ignition "petrol" motor
Old 14th February 2015, 10:24   #2642
BHPian

I own at GT TSI, and my colleague owns the Vento Tsi. I have driven both quite extensively. I recently took a test drive of the rapid tdi dsg, and the response was only marginally better than the Vento Tsi at the cost of FAR more noise. Imo, the TSI is a better option than the tdi, especially with petrol and now not costing too much more than diesel. Save the extra money that you will spend on the gt tdi dsg if it comes, and remap the gt tsi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
I am in the same boat mate. GT TDi DSG would be killer. I just hope VW launches it soon. Should be priced at around 8.7 L Ex showroom. As I have seen with VW, the rumors generally appear very close to launch, so cant say when it would reach us but anxiously waiting.
Old 14th February 2015, 10:39   #2643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Are you quite sure about this? Or are you 'knocking' on the wrong door?
I am no expert and was also under the assumption that higher octane fuel has no cons and only pros until I read up a few articles and discussions on this subject, including this forum.

I'll just quote a few lines from a few articles I googled up just now

"While it is commonly assumed that filling your car with premium gasoline, as opposed to regular, can only be a good thing, it should be noted that this is not always the case. As chemistry.about.com notes, “using a fuel with a higher octane rating than the vehicle requires sends unburned fuel into the emissions system and catalytic converter. This puts unnecessary stress on the emissions system.” This is an important bit of information, and is yet another reason that checking your owner’s manual is highly recommended to determine the quality of the gas that you should be filling your car with."

Source : http://autophiles.com/the-pros-cons-...mium-gasoline/

"What will happen if I use higher octane gas than I’m supposed to?

A few things. For one, you will be wasting a huge amount of money paying for high octane gasoline. Second, your car will not run correctly, whether you notice it or not. Higher octane fuel requires more heat and more precision to burn correctly. If your car is designed to burn 87, it will not burn 93 correctly. Third, your gas mileage will suffer. The inability of your engine to burn the higher octane gas correctly will cause your engine to produce less power and thus will require more fuel to perform at the same level."

Source : http://www.whatcouldbegreener.com/14...will-cost-you/

Above theory is of course open to debate
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 10:50   #2644
BHPian

Excellent review, actually food for thought to Hot-hatch lovers, me included

was never an Automatic fan, but reviews seem to speak otherwise. Though the TSI may be looking for some stiff competition with the Punto T-Jet making its way this year(provided FIAT stand to their commitments, unlike the Freemont). Given the market space that Polo shares now, it wouldn't be much of an issue to push their sales. And that too with the VW GT bandwagon.
Old 18th February 2015, 14:57   #2645
BHPian

Love this car, because this is what I wanted 11 years back
I had booked a similar hot hatch Palio GTX with SP2 which Fiat failed to give it to me and I ended up getting an Octavia TDI instead.

It is very nice to see this GT TSI thread alive and kicking with members booking cars
as we speak.

GT owners: Any problems or concerns with the DSG on Polo so far? Any long-term usage/failure/quirk reports on the DSG? Including those who anticipated mid-corner gear shifts? (I wouldn't be redlining any car in middle of the corner though!).
Old 18th February 2015, 15:57   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
GT owners: Any problems or concerns with the DSG on Polo so far? Any long-term usage/failure/quirk reports on the DSG? Including those who anticipated mid-corner gear shifts? (I wouldn't be redlining any car in middle of the corner though!).
None reported. I personally know some old, not-so-old, and new owners of this car. Some have even tortured this car as well! But DGS has worked flawlessly!
amanomics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 20:21   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
None reported. I personally know some old, not-so-old, and new owners of this car. Some have even tortured this car as well! But DGS has worked flawlessly!
That's great news...
I got curious by reading the Australian DSG recall that happened in 2013. I am seriously concerned because of the safety aspect involved. Are my fears false?

I did go through the other thread about Skoda DSG thread but maybe I missed the conclusion.
It is not clear if DSGs are reliable replacement over a manual transmission or not. I am slightly old school.... That's what is delaying me booking the GT TSI.

Are my doubts/paranoia justified?
Old 18th February 2015, 20:39   #2648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Above theory is of course open to debate
Thanks for all the links. Some of the comments there are certainly open to debate, but I have decided to forego that debate. Practically speaking (for the benefit of the general reader), there isn't any cause for worry about engine damage, if petrol with a higher (or slightly lower) octane rating is used regularly. FE would show some change, perhaps a little higher with a higher octane rating, but no drastic drop unless the extra pep induces one to drive more sportily.
Old 18th February 2015, 21:54   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
That's great news...
I got curious by reading the Australian DSG recall that happened in 2013. I am seriously concerned because of the safety aspect involved. Are my fears false?

I did go through the other thread about Skoda DSG thread but maybe I missed the conclusion.
It is not clear if DSGs are reliable replacement over a manual transmission or not. I am slightly old school.... That's what is delaying me booking the GT TSI.

Are my doubts/paranoia justified?
VAG claims to have replaced the gear box oil to mineral to suit Indian driving and climate conditions which has supposedly solved the issues faced by earlier version owners. Fellow owners can confirm on this.
Old 19th February 2015, 07:04   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
VAG claims to have replaced the gear box oil to mineral to suit Indian driving and climate conditions which has supposedly solved the issues faced by earlier version owners. Fellow owners can confirm on this.
Thanks, while this is one of the problems that have been sorted out,
I am not sure if anyone experienced false neutrals and the shudders during
gear shift. Because I experienced a shudder when going from D3 to D2 in a Test Drive vehicle. That did not feel very assuring to me.

Please note I am not a DSG hater and I want this to succeed but not at the
cost of safety and false neutral is a very familiar term for a RE Bullet owners and can't believe it is back with a state of the art gearbox
Old 19th February 2015, 08:48   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, while this is one of the problems that have been sorted out,
I am not sure if anyone experienced false neutrals and the shudders during
gear shift. Because I experienced a shudder when going from D3 to D2 in a Test Drive vehicle. That did not feel very assuring to me.

Please note I am not a DSG hater and I want this to succeed but not at the
cost of safety and false neutral is a very familiar term for a RE Bullet owners and can't believe it is back with a state of the art gearbox
Yes the occasional shudders do happen in stop and go traffic and is a well known and documented issue in DSG technology. The shudders tend to become less disruptive once you get used to driving this technology. I have not experienced any false neutrals so far.
Old 19th February 2015, 09:46   #2652
BHPian

Can anyone advice which is the best dealer to book this car in Bangalore. I have been seeing mixed feedback on Palace Cross but not much on other two dealers here.

I called all three of them. Here is the update as of now

1. Whitefield - Sales manager picked up the call and assured that a sales person will call. Later in the day the sales person called and I asked him to come back to me with a probable delivery schedule. He has never called back - its 3 days.

2. Palace Cross - A very eager sales person called within 5 mins of my calling their number and leaving my name. However, he insists that the delivery will take no less than 3 months. Take it or leave it.

3. Elite - Multiple calls to the listed number of VW site were "call waiting". No return calls

Honestly, 3 months waiting is a killjoy. A lot changes in three months and I do not think that long a wait is something many of us can like.

Another question. Do you make the full payment or a nominal booking amount? Any experiences on refunds?

All feedback and advice sincerely appreciated from this team. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th February 2015, 11:05   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Yes the occasional shudders do happen in stop and go traffic and is a well known and documented issue in DSG technology. The shudders tend to become less disruptive once you get used to driving this technology. I have not experienced any false neutrals so far.
Actually the shudder happened when travelling at around 40kmph and decelerating
in the manual mode, do manual down shifts induce shudders?
Old 19th February 2015, 11:44   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Can anyone advice which is the best dealer to book this car in Bangalore. I have been seeing mixed feedback on Palace Cross but not much on other two dealers here.
Call this guy from VW whitefield - Naveen Kumar - 09900053740, or you can PM your number to me, i will ask him to get in touch with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Honestly, 3 months waiting is a killjoy. A lot changes in three months and I do not think that long a wait is something many of us can like.

Another question. Do you make the full payment or a nominal booking amount? Any experiences on refunds?
TSI, i am sure you will get it within 45 days, all the dealer in bangalore usually receive 4-5 TSi every month. For GTs i think the booking amount is 50k.

Last edited by Schoudhury : 19th February 2015 at 11:48.
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 12:15   #2655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Call this guy from VW whitefield - Naveen Kumar - 09900053740, or you can PM your number to me, i will ask him to get in touch with you.
Thanks indeed for the help. What better place than TBhp to get this kind of help. Deeply appreciated.

p.s. Sent you the PM. Will also call Naveen. But a word from you would be kind. Thanks

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th February 2015 at 16:57. Reason: fixed quote tags

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks