Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2015, 12:24   #2656
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Call this guy from VW whitefield - Naveen Kumar - 09900053740, or you can PM your number to me, i will ask him to get in touch with you.
Thanks indeed for the help. What better place than TBhp to get this kind of help. Deeply appreciated.

p.s. Sent you the PM. Will also call Naveen. But a word from you would be kind. Thanks
I have informed him about the same and shared your contact number. He is a meeting right now so he will call you in sometime.

Cheers

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th February 2015 at 16:06. Reason: fixed quote tags
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 13:30   #2657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone advice which is the best dealer to book this car in Bangalore. I have been seeing mixed feedback on Palace Cross but not much on other two dealers here.

All feedback and advice sincerely appreciated from this team. Thanks in advance.
Avoid Elite. Have not seen any good feedback about them. Recently my colleague went through a bad experience while buying a Polo from them.

Palace Cross and Whitefield are both similar in my opinion. If you get a good SA, the process will be smooth. When I booked Polo GT TSI in VW Whitefield (This was Oct 2013), since the wait period was 6 months, they took only 5000 as booking amount. Later I switched to VW Palace Cross when VW Whitefield did not meet the commitment. Was able to get the 5000 refund without any hassles. Palace Cross takes Rs 50,000 as booking Amount.

There is also VW Mysore Road (I think it is under the same franchise as Palace cross). You can check with them also. Since they relatively newer, may be more eager to please.
Old 20th February 2015, 05:16   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Actually the shudder happened when travelling at around 40kmph and decelerating
in the manual mode, do manual down shifts induce shudders?
Seems the test drive car was poorly maintained. Shudders in manual mode should never happen.
Old 20th February 2015, 05:37   #2659
BHPian

The shuddering of the gearbox may be due to the fact that when you are about to change a gear(upshift) , the geatbox shifts up and at the exact moment you remove your foot of the accelarator.
Due to this , the gearbox which is higher gear downshifts to a lower gear and this causes shuddering.
This is solved as you keep driving the car . The gearbox learns from your driving style and adapts.
This is also minimised as the car runs-in properly.
Am I right?

I know that because it has happened to my GT many times and I'm still running it in.
But I've learnt to prevent that by flooring the throttle

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT function within 30 minutes instead. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th February 2015 at 11:42.
ayush1434 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 13:56   #2660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post

I have informed him about the same and shared your contact number. He is a meeting right now so he will call you in sometime.

Cheers
Thanks a lot. I went to Apple Auto and met Naveen. Quite a pleasant and helpful person. I also made the booking for TSI in Grey color. Paid 10 K. I am told that the waiting period for Grey could be anywhere between 2-3 weeks to 6 weeks or thereabouts. Will keep you all posted.

Questions:

1. Can the standard 6J alloys take 205/55 R15? Any recommendations for the tyres?
2. Any other recommendations of must-do items in the car?

Guidance deeply appreciated.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st February 2015 at 01:34. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 20th February 2015, 21:36   #2661
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks a lot. I went to Apple Auto and met Naveen. Quite a pleasant and helpful person. I also made the booking for TSI in Grey color. Paid 10 K. I am told that the waiting period for Grey could be anywhere between 2-3 weeks to 6 weeks or thereabouts. Will keep you all posted.
So an update. Sad experience.

Got a call from Naveen that his GM wants to speak with me. This Mr. GM (name withheld) comes on line and says that since I had called on Monday and the lead was allocated to another sales person, Naveen can not support me anymore. So I tell this Mr. GM that the two people I spoke to never called back with the details despite my calling them back and following up and hence I would prefer that Naveen supports me. He declines. I state that this is your internal matter and does not matter to me. I want to deal with Naveen. If you insist on another person getting the credit who did not even bother to call me back as committed, I will have to cancel my booking. He says - ALRIGHT - and closes the call.

So I call my bank/relationship manager and issue a stop payment of cheque.

There you go - Another VW experience.

Why would I be concerned with their internal squabbles? No. I should not be. This could have been transparent to me as a customer. But now that I know this and am involved. Can I go ahead with a dealership whose GM is not polite to customers. Never.

So on to the next dealer. Will update.

Opinions and views please.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st February 2015 at 01:35. Reason: fixing quote tags
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 22:45   #2662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Why would I be concerned with their internal squabbles? No. I should not be. This could have been transparent to me as a customer. But now that I know this and am involved. Can I go ahead with a dealership whose GM is not polite to customers. Never.

In line with mine and few others experience with VW Whitefield. They have a kind of a 'take it or leave it' attitude. Will not go out of the way to please a customer. As long as things are straight forward it will work out fine.

Suggest you try VW Palace Cross or VW Mysore Road. Avoid Elite. The SA who dealt my case in VW Palace Cross was excellent. But found that he had left when I tried reaching him to refer a friend.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st February 2015 at 01:36. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 20th February 2015, 23:15   #2663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Got a call from Naveen that his GM wants to speak with me. This Mr. GM (name withheld) comes on line and says that since I had called on Monday and the lead was allocated to another sales person, Naveen can not support me anymore. So I tell this Mr. GM that the two people I spoke to never called back with the details despite my calling them back and following up and hence I would prefer that Naveen supports me. He declines. I state that this is your internal matter and does not matter to me. I want to deal with Naveen. If you insist on another person getting the credit who did not even bother to call me back as committed, I will have to cancel my booking. He says - ALRIGHT - and closes the call.

So I call my bank/relationship manager and issue a stop payment of cheque.

What a shame , sorry i wanted to help but didn't know it will turn out to be like this.

VW Mysore should be next stop.

Cheers

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st February 2015 at 01:36. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 21st February 2015, 00:07   #2664
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your not so nice experience.

I have a question for you though. This grey colour that you booked is this Steel Grey or some other shade of Grey offered by VW? I ask as I have been waiting for this vehicle to be offered in Reflex Silver or at the least Pepper Grey.

Quote:
...... I also made the booking for TSI in Grey color. Paid 10 K. I am told that the waiting period for Grey could be anywhere between 2-3 weeks to 6 weeks or thereabouts. .......
Old 21st February 2015, 06:27   #2665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Sorry to hear about your not so nice experience.

I have a question for you though. This grey colour that you booked is this Steel Grey or some other shade of Grey offered by VW?
AFAIK , the GT is only sold in three colors -"Pearl White ", "Carbon Steel Grey " and " Flash Red ".
I do wish that VW could have sold the euro spec blue color.
It is jaw dropping :O
ayush1434 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 08:44   #2666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
AFAIK , the GT is only sold in three colors -"Pearl White ", "Carbon Steel Grey " and " Flash Red ".
I do wish that VW could have sold the euro spec blue color.
It is jaw dropping :O
Yes. That is right. As per the dealer yesterday, GT TSI is only available in only 3 colors.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 09:02   #2667
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes. That is right. As per the dealer yesterday, GT TSI is only available in only 3 colors.
Check VW Mysore. A bunch of members had their Jetta and GTs bought from this dealership and they had only good things to say about them. Perhaps the extra mile (pun intended) is worth it? Do call them and check.
Old 21st February 2015, 11:13   #2668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
The shuddering of the gearbox may be due to the fact that when you are about to change a gear(upshift) , the geatbox shifts up and at the exact moment you remove your foot of the accelarator.
Due to this , the gearbox which is higher gear downshifts to a lower gear and this causes shuddering.
This is solved as you keep driving the car . The gearbox learns from your driving style and adapts.
This is also minimised as the car runs-in properly.
Am I right?

I know that because it has happened to my GT many times and I'm still running it in.
But I've learnt to prevent that by flooring the throttle

Ok, thanks for this note. I recall what I did when I observed this.
I did drive the car in manual and quickly reached third gear but by then
I was out of road and took my leg off the throttle and did a down shift.

I expected the vehicle to come to D2 which it did but that was with a shudder
and click noise. May be some getting used to needed here. But... this
is bit sounding like my old days when I used to explain fellow enfielders on the quirkiness of bullet gear shifts.

However it is not that bad but I view
quirkiness == "Imperfect"

but some people might say
quirkiness == "Character"

I am fine with both. This car can give lot of people fun they are aspiring for.
I think I would wait for a manual if it ever comes out that is if I decide to get a GT TSI. I don't want to fight with both TSI and DSG at the same time

TD vehicle had just finished 1700kms and may be based on fellow GT BHPians Occasional shudder is just normal with the DSG box.
Old 21st February 2015, 17:46   #2669
BHPian

There are quite a few suggestions around using Neutral + Hand brake on traffic signals so that DSG is not strained. What's the recommendation whilst waiting at toll gate, wherein you have 10+ vehicles ahead of you clearing one by one every 0.5-1 min? D/S/Triptronic mode + Brakes or Neutral + Hand brake?
Though this might be a holiday or weekend occasion for few, it is a daily occurrence for me on Nice Road toll gate at Electronic city, Bangalore.
Old 22nd February 2015, 18:03   #2670
BHPian

Guys my pre facelift GT's parking light has conked. What is the wattage & type of bulb thats to be got. What about LED's that doesn't throw any errors ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks