Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 21:11   #2701
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Hi Vishyvish,
In my car, i get the vibration from the steering remote (panel).

When you get the vibration keep your hand on the panel, and apply little pressure.

I am not sure whether your problem is related to the remote panel. Anyways just give a try.
Thanks Rohan
Its not from the remote panel though. Have faced this issue yet again but maybe for a minute in stop go traffic. Will keep a watch and advise if it persists.
Old 2nd April 2015, 10:54   #2702
Senior - BHPian

Hi Polo TSi owners, enthusiasts,

I've booked a Carbon steel grey TSi in B'lore. Have a query regarding the wheels. I've tried to look this up already but needed a confirmation from owners/enthusiasts who have the information.

Is the wheels size 100 pcd, 5 holes and rim width 7.0 (for 16" wheels). I am hoping 16" wheels won't be a mechanical problem for the car (with 205/50 tyres)?

Appreciate the suggestions.
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:27   #2703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

Is the wheels size 100 pcd, 5 holes and rim width 7.0 (for 16" wheels). I am hoping 16" wheels won't be a mechanical problem for the car (with 205/50 tyres)?

Hey k_ajay, first off congrats on your booking and Welcome to the GT Club !!

I am a proud member of the GT Club but own the TDI and not the TSI. But here are my views:

- As far as I know, VW and Skoda car rims come with 100 PCD. GT however gets 15" Estrada with 6.5J.

- I have seen few GT's (TSI) in town with 17" rims. So 16" shouldn't be a concern. However, Polo comes with a stiffer suspension and so you have be doubly careful while negotiating the craters donated by BBMP in Bangalore.

- TSI has a 1.2 Engine but that deadly combo of the DSG and Turbo makes it a true hot hatch in India. But just like any other petrol engine, wider tires and bigger rims can directly affect the Mileage. So please be aware of that.

I am sure you have considered all the above so here's wishing you a "Turbo-charged" G(rea)T ownership. Please post the details once you get your machine.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 12:56   #2704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hi Polo TSi owners, enthusiasts,

I've booked a Carbon steel grey TSi in B'lore. Have a query regarding the wheels. I've tried to look this up already but needed a confirmation from owners/enthusiasts who have the information.

16" rims will be absolutely fine. Only downside is that the ride quality goes down when compared to 205/55/15 .

If you want ride quality along with handling i will suggest stick to 15'' and just change the tyres to 205/55.

Cheers.
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:47   #2705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey k_ajay, first off congrats on your booking and Welcome to the GT Club !!

I am a proud member of the GT Club but own the TDI and not the TSI. But here are my views:

- As far as I know, VW and Skoda car rims come with 100 PCD. GT however gets 15" Estrada with 6.5J.

- I have seen few GT's (TSI) in town with 17" rims. So 16" shouldn't be a concern. However, Polo comes with a stiffer suspension and so you have be doubly careful while negotiating the craters donated by BBMP in Bangalore.

- TSI has a 1.2 Engine but that deadly combo of the DSG and Turbo makes it a true hot hatch in India. But just like any other petrol engine, wider tires and bigger rims can directly affect the Mileage. So please be aware of that.

I am sure you have considered all the above so here's wishing you a "Turbo-charged" G(rea)T ownership. Please post the details once you get your machine.
Hi Vik0728, thank you for that. I've only booked and hope to take delivery within 2 months. I'm aware of the pros and cons of upsizing, which is why I'm just enquiring. Not sure if upsize is the only way i want to go..

But yes, friend and fellow member speed kills has had 17" on his Polo so I did reckon 16" should not be damaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
16" rims will be absolutely fine. Only downside is that the ride quality goes down when compared to 205/55/15 .

If you want ride quality along with handling i will suggest stick to 15'' and just change the tyres to 205/55.

Cheers.
Hi Schoudhury, thanks for the feedback. Yes, I'm also now thinking if I should retain the (quite nice) 15" alloys (or change them) and stick to 195/60/15 (have read another thread for vento with lots of good feedback there).
Some there were stating 205/55 isn't really required, so maybe 195/60 then on 15".. Or let's see. It's very easy to go crazy.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 20:14   #2706
BHPian

Happened to come across this GT TSI in kottayam. I've managed a kinda close up view of the rear wheels. I'm clueless as to what exactly it is? It doesn't look like discs but ventilated drums?

I PMed our in house VW guru Ganesh who suggested i post it here for the benefit of the forum. Sorry for the delay as i was caught up with work and again for the not so great quality pics.

Btw consider this as a spotting and mods please feel free to remove the picture if the owner of the car objects

Regards
Sunny
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc_1121.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc_1122.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc_1120.jpg  

Old 4th April 2015, 20:24   #2707
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autodoc View Post
It doesn't look like discs but ventilated drums?
Looks like those are fake covers to make the drum brakes look like discs.

Depending on budget - one could also order Brembo caliper covers (fake obviously) to go along with it. Both these mods are not so rare.
Old 4th April 2015, 21:36   #2708
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep. I think it is let's-pretend disc brakes. Which I think is very silly, especially as it is a pretty smart car without messing it around.

But hey, It's his car, I guess...
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 21:43   #2709
Team-BHP Support

Personally, I would have invested that money elsewhere. I don't know how much these fake discs cost, but I can think of dozens of other things I could do to this car. But hey, like Thad said, it's his car.
Old 4th April 2015, 21:54   #2710
Distinguished - BHPian

Fake discs without calipers Why do they do this?
Old 7th April 2015, 04:37   #2711
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
hi guys,

I'm starting a whatsapp group for fellow GT TSI owners. kindly pm me your phone no.s

mods: hopefully this activity is approved or else please delete this post.

thanks
Hi all,

I have discontinued/deleted this group. Kindly don't pm me for add.

Regards,

Rana.
Old 7th April 2015, 08:50   #2712
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Fake discs without calipers Why do they do this?
So that the car can be featured in one of our threads may be W&W one that the car is wanting to get into.

All is good except those fake discs!
Old 7th April 2015, 21:50   #2713
BHPian

A question for the existing owners- what has been the service costs? I presume a few of you would have done your first (15,000 Km) service already.
Also, what has been your experience around parts availability etc?
Old 8th April 2015, 08:39   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
A question for the existing owners- what has been the service costs? I presume a few of you would have done your first (15,000 Km) service already.
I have finished 15,000 and 30,000 service. Each service costed around Rs 10,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Also, what has been your experience around parts availability etc?
I have not replaced major parts. However for the minor ones(like tail lamp assembly, lamps etc), I got them pretty fast(within the same day).
shetty_rohan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 11:33   #2715
BHPian

RPM keeps going up in "N" and when the brake pedal is pressed
Problem 1:
On last weekend, my car was in "N"(DSG in Neutral) and brake pedal was pressed. I could see that RPM kept going up till 3K (without pressing the accelerator). I had to switch off the car, and start it once again.

From then on, I could see this once again. But not able to reproduce this every time.

Problem 2:
Now, when the car is in "N" and I apply the foot brake, I could see rpm going up couple of notches(900 rpm to 1300 rpm). When I remove my leg from the brake, it comes back to 900 rpm.
I have checked the same in my friend's Vento TSi, rpm was at same point(whether I press brake or not)

Same does not happen with the handbrake.

Guys, any help in identifying this is well appreciated.

Note: One month back, I had given the car for the 30K service.

Most Viewed