Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2015, 15:12   #2806
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

My GT TSI is a about 6 months old as of today. Since the past week or so I can hear a few occasional clunky sounds originating from the gear box. One is when I move the shifter between R and P and vise versa and secondly when the box is shifting up or down between D2 and D3. Even at times when I hit a rough patch of road there seems to be a similar sounding 'clunk'. Its occasional and not persistent. Should I be worried
Old 20th May 2015, 17:45   #2807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
My GT TSI is a about 6 months old as of today. Since the past week or so I can hear a few occasional clunky sounds originating from the gear box. One is when I move the shifter between R and P and vise versa and secondly when the box is shifting up or down between D2 and D3. Even at times when I hit a rough patch of road there seems to be a similar sounding 'clunk'. Its occasional and not persistent. Should I be worried
Is it similar to what is described in the below post and the subsequent posts below this one

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3342076
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 18:57   #2808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Is it similar to what is described in the below post and the subsequent posts below this one

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3342076
That's exactly what I am experiencing! Coincidentally both of us are experiencing it after 6 months of ownership, although I have done only 2800 kms.

Its a very mechanical sound in a disturbing kind of way. As if some moving part is lacking lubrication. My driving distance these days is extremely short (about 1 km). Its on these micro drives that I have observed these sounds, not always but occasionally. I am guessing or hopeful rather that once the engine is properly warmed up, the sound should go away.

I will have a look at the engine oil level and maybe top up and see if it helps. What is the grade of oil that VW is using for the 1.2 TSI?
Old 21st May 2015, 15:24   #2809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_SRK View Post

Once I was blown when I recorded 19.5 kmpl on highway early morning while commuting to office !! over a stretch of about 20 kms .
I've seen the figures reaching 23.0 and above kmpl on my drives from Pune to Navi Mumbai (I'll have to dig the pictures to substantiate this claim!). It hits the peak 23+ when going downhill in the ghat section than averages out to around 20-21 by the time I reach home in Navi Mumbai. The caveat here is driving with very consistent throttle input, which is possible on the MPEW.

In my non-saintly avataar, the same stretch will give me around 17-18 kmpl. Not too bad either!
Old 22nd May 2015, 09:52   #2810
Team-BHP Support

VW India has put up a teaser on their FB page that reads:

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-polo-gt.jpg

What could it be?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd May 2015 at 10:01.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 09:57   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I will have a look at the engine oil level and maybe top up and see if it helps. What is the grade of oil that VW is using for the 1.2 TSI?
VW is using "Castrol Magnatec Professional OE 5W-40" for the 1.2 TSi. According to my understanding it is only available in VW Service Centers.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:05   #2812
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

What could it be?
I was wondering the same. Could it be a more powerful version of the GT TSI to take on the upcoming Abarth Punto?

Or is it a facelift with a new grill and bumper like the upcoming new Vento? I hope they offer more sporty looking alloys !

Could it be a cross version of the GT? Polo Cross GT by any chance?
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:18   #2813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Attachment 1373417

What could it be?
I have a feeling it could be the GT TDI DSG. That would be the only logical car according to me for them to launch.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:42   #2814
BHPian

Quote:

What could it be?
Is it sub four meter Polo sedan?
According to http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...0940&type=News
Quote:
Volkswagen has confirmed that work on its two most important projects for India, a sub four meter sedan and a compact SUV is well underway and likely to be in the showrooms in within the next two years. Autocar India has been tracking both these projects, which are aimed at two of the biggest and fastest growing segments in the country.

The design of the sub four meter sedan is close to being frozen after a struggle to get the right styling and proportions. VW now seem to be happy with the look of the car, which in essence will the Polo with a truncated boot. Because of the length limitation, VW’s compact sedan will come with the Polo’s 2456mm wheelbase and not the Vento’s which is 96mm longer. “The sub 4- metre segment is a big segment and important for our dealer base. We are developing a Polo as a sub 4-metre concept, the design is ready and it looks pretty good” says VW board member Dr Heinz-Jakob Neusser.

According to company sources, the Polo sedan will be positioned at the top of the compact sedan segment and is hence likely to be priced a notch above the Amaze. VW say that they are fast tracking the development of this car and are chopping normal lead times by half to get the car to the market soon. It can be expected in our market by the end of 2015.

VW has also identified compact SUVs as a high growth segment. “The compact SUV segment is the one that will rise for sure in the future and we are looking at it” says Neusser.
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:06   #2815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Is it sub four meter Polo sedan?
According to http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...0940&type=News
Nah don't think so. I don't think any sub four meter contraption can ever be referred to as the 'ultimate benchmark for power'. The sub four meter cars are commuter cars for the sedan crazy Indian public. Power is certainly not the segment's forte.

Given that the GT TDI is already in existence and given the teaser's emphasis on 'power' , I am guessing its a more powerful version of the GT TSI. A 150 PS 1.4 TSI seems most likely given that this engine is doing duty in the Jetta and new Octavia.

There was talk of more powerful GT versions some time in January http://www.carwale.com/news/17185-is...for-india.html

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 22nd May 2015 at 11:07.
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:09   #2816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1373417

What could it be?
Could it be the Polo GTI? There were several rumors going around

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/rumour...o-gt-gti-india

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/01/v...r-india-163545
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:01   #2817
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1373417

What could it be?
I dont think it would be the GTI as the photo says GT and VW would have chosen a different photo if it had to be a GTI.

Now I see two possibilities:

1. GT TDi DSG: TOTAL WIN!! This would make the most perfect car and be the best of all worlds.

2. GT TDI/TSI Facelift: Like the vento they add cruise control and Auto folding mirrors. I don't think there would be any cosmetic changes as Polo is already in sync with the global design and Vento's exterior updates were still pending.

Now, if its a facelift, and as the Headlight is not visible, what if they add projectors. (Wishful thinking )

Can it be Vento GT?

Last edited by Crazy_Bean : 22nd May 2015 at 12:07.
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:11   #2818
BHPian

Naah.. GTI and 1.4TSI are too much to ask for from VW. Them taking over Abarth? Not happening, plus its not a competition given Abarth's expected pricing of 20-25L.

What is possible is a GT TDI DSG, or a manual GT TSI, or it's just a plain campaign for the existing GT models.

Last edited by amanomics : 22nd May 2015 at 12:29.
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:29   #2819
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1373417

What could it be?
If we only go by the photo above, at least LED headlamps are on their way
Attached Images

Immix is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 17:55   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
If we only go by the photo above, at least LED headlamps are on their way
I dont think so. If you visit this (official Brochure link) link,

You will find that the teaser photo is already there in the current GT brochure. Additionally, Offering projectors wont be a very good move as it might impact Vento's price point. (VFM, Keeping in mind that its already refreshed)

Last edited by Crazy_Bean : 22nd May 2015 at 18:06.
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks