Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 02:52   #2911
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Lets not get too exited about the GTi, VW imported a GTi to India for testing purpose, they may or may not launch it. VW has imported Golfs for testing but did they launch it?

The new 6C in India is more of a better Indian 6R, the interior, the engine all similar to the international 6R with a cut price cluster. The new 6C in India is a 6R with new bumpers. When this is what VW offers to its Indian customers then GTi seems to be like a distant dream. The new 6C in the european markets has a different cluster, stereo, headlight and climatronic system. More importantly it gets the new DOHC 1.2 TSI.

An example, presently VW offers a 1.4 TSI 96 KW = 128.64 HP GTi in the Chinese market. Considering this my hopes of VW launching a 1.8L GTi in India goes down.

Sorry, I don't mean to destroy anyone's hope,this is just my thought.
I may be wrong

Regards,
KN.
kn09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 07:06   #2912
BHPian

Re: Horrible seats - what do do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

What to do? Can we add extra (and stiffer) cushion to the seat base below the fabric? Anything else? I can't drive on like this. DSG saved my left knee, but I can't give up my hip

Please advise.
Missed this post. Had a similar issue, due lack of lower back support. Tried a back cushion, however this did not help as the seating position gets upfront and leads to strain in the cervical area. Now am using an ortho cushion which has raised the seating position, thus giving a better support to the lower back. So far, so good.
Vishyvish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 14:49   #2913
BHPian

VW uses the GT and GTI terms liberally for different markets, but we have to assume that the one they call the GTI in Germany is the right one. that one sells for 23.5k euros. Also, the 1.8 GTI is manufactured only in Germany and exported everywhere else.

Also, just for info, it comes with the same DQ200 DSG in the automatic version, thus necessitating VW to detune the engine to max 250 Nm torque. The manual gets 320 Nm. Both have the same power though, and same 0-100 times.

Simple conversion and adding 30% taxes, in case VW bring it as CKD puts the price at 22 lacs. Just converting the price from a neighbouring country (Malaysia) puts it at 26 lacs (Dont know the duty structure there).

So, the point is that GTI isn't going to be cheap, unless VW India are looking at a 'jugaad'.
Old 15th July 2015, 09:27   #2914
BHPian

Hi
On my way to work this morning noticed a minor scratch and paint chip on the bonnet. Fail to understand how, a cat or stone. Anyway, any pointers on how to mask this blemish.
Thanks.
Old 15th July 2015, 09:47   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishyvish View Post
Hi
On my way to work this morning noticed a minor scratch and paint chip on the bonnet. Fail to understand how, a cat or stone. Anyway, any pointers on how to mask this blemish.
Thanks.
Get a paint brush touch up done, Then after a week or so, use a 2000 grit sandpaper and wet sand the spot using the rubber edge of a pencil. (vertical circular motion, to smoothen and level the paint). Use a rubbing compound thereafter to restore the shine. It should look pretty un-noticeable.
Old 15th July 2015, 09:52   #2916
BHPian

Thanks buddy.
Any idea from where i could source the Flash Red paint here, as no much info could be found on the net.
Old 15th July 2015, 10:03   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Thanks.
It looks like a "paint chip" because of the "stone hit". I have many of them on my bonnet(and also on the windshield). Generally, this happens when you travel behind a heavy vehicle(like a truck) in high speed.

There is a very nice article in youtube which explains the steps to fix the "paint chip"

Note: If you have good contact with your Service Adviser, you could get the matching paint in a small container.
Old 15th July 2015, 10:17   #2918
BHPian

Yeah, could be a stone hit. Would not bother much, if it was not on the bonnet. Will check out the article. Thanks.
Old 15th July 2015, 21:46   #2919
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy.
Any idea from where i could source the Flash Red paint here, as no much info could be found on the net.
Try this. I think it matches reasonably well, though I used it on a scratch on the inner edge of the bonnet caused by pulling up the right wiper forcefully!

http://www.amazon.in/Abro-Colour-Spr...ro+spray+paint
Old 15th July 2015, 22:47   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy.
You can try Amazon or Com-Paint. I think flash red should be easily available as it is a popular colour. Do share before and after photos.

Tip: Com-paint also sells clear coat touch up tube. You can use it to get even more shine and get much closer to factory finish.

Do watch some youtube before proceeding. All the best.
Old 18th July 2015, 20:48   #2921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachind View Post
Anand,
Did you find any solution to this problem ? I am facing the same issue.
Quote:
Missed this post. Had a similar issue, due lack of lower back support. Tried a back cushion, however this did not help as the seating position gets upfront and leads to strain in the cervical area. Now am using an ortho cushion which has raised the seating position, thus giving a better support to the lower back. So far, so good.
I have stuffed a Turkish towel between seat base and back. It's a nice and big one and has helped. My own homemade limbar support. Seat base is way too soft and haven't found any solution for it...
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 21:25   #2922
BHPian

Allo
Initially had done the same. Realised the problem lies in support between the lower back and the buttocks. There was a void, so had a cushion made which did help. However after placing the ortho cushion have had no issues and it indeed is comfortable. Picked it from Shoppers Stop.
Old 18th July 2015, 22:17   #2923
BHPian

It would be great to see if vw would launch the 1.4 tsi and label it as the gt.
they should let the current 1.2 tsi as a regular version available in all 3 trim levels, so would be accessible to a wider set of people. And the gt with 1.4 tsi and a subtle body kit would def do justice to the name.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 22:33   #2924
BHPian

All we need is sat nav enabled music system, reverse camera and a little more leg room for back seaters... i think with above features polo will be intouchable for competition in its own catagory..
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:10   #2925
Senior - BHPian

My Arctic White Polo GT TSi is being delivered tomorrow. Very excited to be part of this club. I have owned a lot of 'enthusiast favourite' cars including the Fiesta 1.6S, Honda Civic, Swift 1.3DDIS and the Cruze 2.0LTZ but the passion shown by Polo TSi owners is unmatched, either on Team-Bhp or outside!

1. Couple of queries:
-- I might be getting MRF tires. What is the BEST size and brand for a quiet, supple and comfortable ride quality?
-- I am upgrading the headlight bulbs and maybe adding a low tone to the horn outside. Will not be splicing wires or cutting anything. Will this affect warranty? Philips headlight relay kit works well for headlights. I am using it for my Brio (which I got last week)
-- I intend to add my existing amplifiers and sub/s to the stock head unit. Should I add a processor in between, or just attach the stuff via Low-Level converter?

I have already ordered the following from AliExpress in anticipation of the car:
1. VCDS Cable.
2. Auto-Dimming IRVM
3. Dimming ORVM glass
4. Chrome Headlight Switch
5. Overhead cabin light with passenger and driver map lights.

I will be making small mods here and there, but not touching the drivetrain or the suspension.
I have purchased extended warranty already, so, even if any other warranty is void, at least the gearbox is still covered under that nominal 10231 rupee amount.
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks