Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2015, 15:24   #3031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Guys dont buy steering wheels from unknown sources. Even vagtune is selling replica stuff. Actual OEM GTI wheels are expensive, all the cheap stuff are replicas. It is around USD700 plus the shipping and customs. I will post some pictures of OEM and replica GTi steering wheels soon. Its very hard to differentiate unless you see them side by side.

This is shocking news. Waiting eagerly for an update on the steering wheels.

A lot of team-bhpians are planning for this mod. I too am planning to get the wheel fixed this weekend.

Isn't it dangerous to be driving around with the replica? What if the paddle shifts malfunction at high speeds?
Old 22nd August 2015, 13:24   #3032
BHPian

I have spoken to VW Whitefield dealer regarding retrofitting Jetta steering wheel(with paddle shifters) to Polo TSI. They have come back saying it is NOT possible.
Old 25th August 2015, 23:24   #3033
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

India built facelifted Polo GT TSI launched at Indonesia International Motor Show.
From the news article(and photos) I could make out 3 major changes from current Polo.
  • E-folding ORVM's with indicator
  • 16" alloys
  • 60:40 rear split seats

First one is pretty much known but new alloys and rear split seats would be good addition. Though its Pune built I highly doubt we would get bigger wheels and rear split seats in Indian variant. I really hope some sense will prevail in top VW India auto heads and rear split seats will be re-introduced in Polo . There is no mention of cruise control though, can't clearly make out in the pictures alone.
Source:http://goo.gl/VbKd3v

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-6.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-5.jpg

I have received revised/updated Polo price from my dealer(+10K) and my SA tells me that my car is in transit and would be delivered in a weak's time. Its extremely surprising that VW India has made no announcement of these added features,no updates on the official portal even the dealers still have age old brochures . Looks like VW India PR staff is on a long holday *grins*

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th August 2015 at 09:50. Reason: One smiley too many! Please read the Announcements before proceedings. Thanks!
BlueEyes is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 00:09   #3034
BHPian

Why do the euro and Malaysian versions have an exposed tail pipe with cut out in the bumper to accommodate the same?

Looks nice. Easy to add an end can.

The 16's on the Indonesian car look nice. Wish VW India gave it at least as an option.

It would be also great if the polo TSI was available in the comfort line version. Would sell well I guess.
Old 26th August 2015, 00:30   #3035
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Why do the euro and Malaysian versions have an exposed tail pipe with cut out in the bumper to accommodate the same?

Looks nice. Easy to add an end can.

The 16's on the Indonesian car look nice. Wish VW India gave it at least as an option.

It would be also great if the polo TSI was available in the comfort line version. Would sell well I guess.
Regarding the cut out for the tail-pipe, the Indian one has it too. The SR kit's pipe should look nice on it IMO.

I'm going to be furious if the new batch comes with 16" wheels, although I suspect they wouldn't.

P.S. check out the comments to that article in the link posted by BlueEyes.
Old 26th August 2015, 08:03   #3036
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

P.S. check out the comments to that article in the link posted by BlueEyes.
Ha ha. I liked this one. Looks like Indonesia was really hit by dsg issues.

Quote:
Even at their prices, once they know DSG cant handle hot weathers like in India, they will spit on it and buy an Ambassador.
I rather take our prices and 6speed GB anytime.
No mention of cruise control. Hope this feature is coming.
Old 28th August 2015, 06:17   #3037
BHPian

Guys,
It's official now. The VW India website has been updated, confirms CC, power folding mirrors with blinkers and cooled glovebox.

Check this link.
Quote:
Rear parking sensors
ORVM with turn indicators
Glovebox cooling
Outside rear view mirrors, Electrically adjustable & foldable
Cruise control
‘’ indicates standard feature.
Unable to upload a screen grab for some strange reason.

However, their e-brochure for PoloGT on the site doesn't reflect these changes and seems to be last updated in April. How lazy can they be?

Cheers,
D.

Last edited by delta5 : 28th August 2015 at 06:22.
delta5 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 12:30   #3038
BHPian

Disappointing as I missed these by just 8 months. :P

I had emailed VW asking them to give us an option to retrofit these features and as expect they have denied it.
Old 28th August 2015, 13:13   #3039
Senior - BHPian

You missed it by 8 months. I missed it by 1 month mate 😥
Old 28th August 2015, 13:30   #3040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ish View Post
Disappointing as I missed these by just 8 months. :P

I had emailed VW asking them to give us an option to retrofit these features and as expect they have denied it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
No worries guys, everyone has to make one or the other adjustments with his car. Look at the positive side. #ish and frankmehta got to enjoy this stonker of a car 8 months and one month respectively before others can enjoy, who would be purchasing now onwards.

So don't bother much on the features you missed out and enjoy your beauties for what they are
Old 28th August 2015, 13:37   #3041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Your pain is amplified 8 times than mine. My sympathies.
Old 28th August 2015, 13:42   #3042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
No worries guys, everyone has to make one or the other adjustments with his car. Look at the positive side. #ish and frankmehta got to enjoy this stonker of a car 8 months and one month respectively before others can enjoy, who would be purchasing now onwards.

So don't bother much on the features you missed out and enjoy your beauties for what they are
haha. That's a way to look at it my friend.

The silver lining is that I didnt even once find cruise control missing as I am yet to take a long highway journey to that effect. I am just bummed at paying top money for something that is incomplete in features.

How much I had argued with the sales rep at VW Downtown about this car not having keyless start, auto ORVMs, cooled glovebox, etc.

But obviously I had to make a choice between this and other cars and I chose performance. Not repenting my decision even for one bit as this car is a dream to drive. Even if I was in the same situation again I would still go ahead and buy GT TSI without second thoughts.

Just that I am jealous of people getting this updated car
#ish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 13:53   #3043
BHPian

Quote:
haha. That's a way to look at it my friend.

The silver lining is that I didnt even once find cruise control missing as I am yet to take a long highway journey to that effect. I am just bummed at paying top money for something that is incomplete in features.

How much I had argued with the sales rep at VW Downtown about this car not having keyless start, auto ORVMs, cooled glovebox, etc.

But obviously I had to make a choice between this and other cars and I chose performance. Not repenting my decision even for one bit as this car is a dream to drive. Even if I was in the same situation again I would still go ahead and buy GT TSI without second thoughts.

The pre FL guys got shortchanged too with the flat bottom steering & the upgraded MID. So I think we're good here . Plus, I believe the auto folding ORVMs can be bought from the workshop itself & honestly, I'm not enthusiastic about the cruise control. I would've been jealous had they given paddles. But then again, I've got the paddles too. So no complaints here!
Old 28th August 2015, 14:05   #3044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just ignore all these people who would be purchasing the updated car. Look at those people (at traffic lights, junctions, multiplexes etc), who will look at your car and respect it. I just love that TV commercial, wherein the two young lads waiting at traffic lights, enjoying the loud music and full of "masti". How their complete character changes when the GTi stands besides them, they have only one word, "RESPECT"
Old 28th August 2015, 14:09   #3045
BHPian

I just finished PDI of my white TSI, its Aug-15 manufactured. Can we get any fresher then that With all the paper works done, I should get the car by next week.

Promised 3 features are certainly there and thankfully no deletion. But it has MRF tyres.Saw couple of GT's getting prepped for deliver today, they had Apollo's on them(from old batch without the new features) I was hoping the same. Dealer is not buying back those stock ones, will look out for tyre dealer to swap them with Michelins. I also have some other mods planned. GT certainly is THE most mod friendly car in India today. I almost see myself going bankrupt. Are there any banks out there providing loan for GT mods alone? It certainly deserves one.
Can't wait to get my hands on that sweet flat bottom steering.

Last edited by BlueEyes : 28th August 2015 at 14:35.
BlueEyes is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks