Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2015, 14:32   #3046
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ish View Post
haha. That's a way to look at it my friend.

The silver lining is that I didnt even once find cruise control missing as I am yet to take a long highway journey to that effect. I am just bummed at paying top money for something that is incomplete in features.
Buy VW, and you always will be.

Even twenty years ago, in UK, I had a Golf with most of those centre-panel switches blanked, and a manual that said, every other page, "Not available on all models," on every other page. And most of it was not available on mine.

VW is not a brand for the extras and gadget lovers: whatever they give, there will always be a heap more that they don't.

Today, in India, with my Polo --- nothing's changed. But I still like the car very much.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 18:09   #3047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post

I just finished PDI of my white TSI, its Aug-15 manufactured. Can we get any fresher then that With all the paper works done, I should get the car by next week.
Congrats BlueEyes and welcome to the GT club.

Seems like you probably got one of the first "Enhanced Features" Polo in town bro. Please post some pics and the much needed ownership as soon as you can.

Quote:

Are there any banks out there providing loan for GT mods alone?
I did check with couple of them buddy and they flatly refused sighting the reason that they could not cap an upper limit on the "Interest" rate!!

Jokes apart, VAG cars quite literally allow you to explore, exploit and explode your modding potentials & capabilities. I have managed to hold on for over a year now and I have a feeling I am loosing it big time.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 28th August 2015 at 18:10.
Vik0728 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 08:29   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Promised 3 features are certainly there and thankfully no deletion. But it has MRF tyres.
Congrats for your new car !!!

Can someone clarify if the updated GT with newly added features (Cruise control, electrically foldable ORVMs, cooled glove box) being called facelift'ed GT ? Or is there an actual facelift lined up for the GT ?
super.cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 09:06   #3049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
Can someone clarify if the updated GT with newly added features (Cruise control, electrically foldable ORVMs, cooled glove box) being called facelift'ed GT ? Or is there an actual facelift lined up for the GT ?
It might sound silly but they are not calling it anything.
VW updated GT feature list just couple of days back on the website and e-brochure still has to see any update, so there is no way to tell. I was told by the dealer that there is no other facelift lined up. Looking at the gap from the previous update and this one I don't think we can expect anything for another 10 months to 1 year atleast .
We might very well see a GTI launch in between.
BlueEyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 09:14   #3050
BHPian

Quote:

Just went to the VW showroom yesterday. The updated polo is not being called anything new.
1. Cruise Control
2. Auto folding mirrors
3. Mirror indicators

These three are confirmed. Booking amount is 50,000 rupees. 2-3 months waiting period.
dextertuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 09:37   #3051
BHPian

Quote:

They are not terming this as a facelift, just some additional features. Also, the Polo's with the old features will be sold in parallel as there is an estimated price difference of 50-60k between the two versions, and buyer is free to chose.
Specifically on the GTs, the difference is just +12k, so all GT buyers might go for it.

PS: All info from my VW showroom.
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 10:59   #3052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Specifically on the GTs, the difference is just +12k, so all GT buyers might go for it.
I just paid a visit to the stockyard yesterday to check out a GT TDI. All august models have the new features. The dealership only has a July '15 GT TDI (New features not included).

I'm going ahead with the car in stock for the below reasons.
- I have never used the glovebox for anything but storing car documents in my 5 years of owning my alto. Cooling is something I can live without.
- Cruise control although sounds good, does seem something I'd have been more keen on, if I was going for the automatic GT TSI.
- Turn indicators on ORVM looks nice. Again can live without.
- Electronic folding mirrors is something I really do want, but to quote my dad How lazy can you get?
-
It is (new features) working out to be 13k the dearer OTR.
- I'd prefer the Alnacs over MRF (didn't check to confirm new models come with MRF while I was in the stockyard) since I do not plan a tyre upgrade any time soon.
- And the biggest reason being dealer expects a further 3 weeks wait for an August model with the new features.

Having already paid the booking 2 weeks ago, I don't think I can wait any longer
Old 30th August 2015, 12:01   #3053
Senior - BHPian

please wait it out. Please! You can't not have these features when they're already launched. Wait for a couple of weeks. It won't seem very long.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st August 2015 at 06:04. Reason: SMS language edited
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 12:06   #3054
BHPian

I second Frank. Please wait. Its just a matter of 3 weeks. Oh, and Frank, still waiting for pics and review of the new ICE.
Old 30th August 2015, 12:19   #3055
BANNED

13K is nothing compared to the price you're already paying. I'd suggest waiting it out. The new features are definitely welcome. The mirrors and CC being the best of the lot.

Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.
Old 30th August 2015, 12:39   #3056
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to write a review today and post it on my thread.
Old 30th August 2015, 12:41   #3057
BHPian

He's going for the GT TDI. I believe that's what he mentioned. It's just the ORVM which is of any significance here for him. CC is available on the manual tranny too? Honestly I feel the auto folding is not worth the extra money but that's just me.
Old 30th August 2015, 12:47   #3058
Senior - BHPian

The feeling of having a pre face-lift car on knowing the new one is already launched is not a good feeling! Also, cc is useful even on the manual. Auto folding mirrors themselves cost 25k to retrofit. Think about it!
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 13:49   #3059
Distinguished - BHPian

Cruise control is something that those of us that city-drive would almost never use.

Like Sephiroth, I also cannot see the point in cooling my documents and CDs!

Electrically folding ORVMs is certainly entertaining, but I'd much rather have electrically-point-down-in-reverse.

I'm not such a car enthusiast (big confession!) that I care what the tyres are, so long as they are safe for normal-style driving. Less road noise is nice. though.

What I want...

reverse mirror adjust, as above.

One-touch open and close (at least for front) windows (later/other models than my Polo may have already)

Safety stop on electric window closing. Have trapped my own fingers (yes, I'm an idiot) once, and once was enough! Thing is, if I can do it, then how about young children?

Dimable instrument lighting

boot light

My Polo dates back to 2011, and I have not kept up to date on changes.
Old 30th August 2015, 17:59   #3060
BHPian

VW keeps updating the features on their cars and the ones who have taken the plunge feel crappy. It's akin to a dog easing the bladder at intervals. Looks strategic to keep their cars
rolling in the local market leading to heartburns for the existing owners. Wonder why they do not offer these upgraded features to the excisting owners at the cost. If so, am sure going in for the ORVM which is sadly missed in
the insane traffic we have.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks