Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 11:33   #3196
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Thank you for the detailed feedback.

205/55/r15 Michelin P3ST would have been the ideal choice. However, P3ST does not come in this size, only in the 195/60 size. So, if I have to upgrade to 205 sections, I have to choose either Yokohama or Continental.

Regarding brakes, I have a question. When you say brake assist and XDS setting will do wonders to braking, do you mean these settings will improve the performance of the stock brakes, or is it with the upgraded disc brakes. Have you upgraded your car to disc brakes? If yes, can you share (or PM me) information on sourcing of the brakes and cost etc?

EDIT: Are the brembo slotted rotors an upgrade to the front brakes, or are these to replace the rear drums?
Will improve performance of any brake set up.
They're an upgrade to the front rotors.
Brembo dealers are available online, if you can't find anything.
There's autopsyche, Yolo(v.exp) and one dealer in goa (cheapest)
I'm putting in the slotted rotors by october end, I'll be pairing it with track day pads, but brembo reds are best suited for everyday driving.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 21:43   #3197
BHPian

Hi Folks,

update from the dealer is that the car is at the yard now and will be brought to the showroom tomorrow morning. i am going there to do a PDI Tomorrow. My loan is still in process and will take time.

Anyone from Hyderabad with the polo TSI.

Thanks
Gaurav
ngauravmalhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 23:38   #3198

Anybody knows what dealers are telling customers on waiting period for the 2015 GT TSI? My guy said 2-3 months (VW Palace Cross, Bangalore).

Thanks,
Raghu
Old 24th September 2015, 09:33   #3199
k36
BHPian

^^ @Raghu: I booked a white GT TSI yesterday with BU Bhandari, Pune. Waiting period 4 weeks. Hope to get it by Dusshera.
k36 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 21:37   #3200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
Hi Folks,

update from the dealer is that the car is at the yard now and will be brought to the showroom tomorrow morning. i am going there to do a PDI Tomorrow. My loan is still in process and will take time.

Anyone from Hyderabad with the polo TSI.

Thanks
Gaurav
Please post photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_blr View Post
Anybody knows what dealers are telling customers on waiting period for the 2015 GT TSI? My guy said 2-3 months (VW Palace Cross, Bangalore).

Thanks,
Raghu
6 weeks is the usual waiting period. 2-3 months is a bit too high. Have you tried to check with another dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k36 View Post
^^ @Raghu: I booked a white GT TSI yesterday with BU Bhandari, Pune. Waiting period 4 weeks. Hope to get it by Dusshera.
I have booked 2 weeks back and expecting to take delivery at start of Navratri. Same dealer, same colour!
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 11:15   #3201
k36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
I have booked 2 weeks back and expecting to take delivery at start of Navratri. Same dealer, same colour!
Wow! That's great to know.
Keep us updated on your delivery experience, and PM me if you have any specific tips
Old 26th September 2015, 19:08   #3202
Team-BHP Support

I had booked a Carbon Steel Grey Polo GT TSi on 19th September. The dealer said the usual waiting period is 2 months. However, they were getting a Grey TSi allocated, and as all other bookings were white or red, they would allocate the car to me.

Yesterday, I got a call from the SA that the car has arrived in the yard. I went today to have a look at the car. Checked the VIN number and confirmed that the manufacturing month is September 2015, and the model year is 2016. Hope to get all financials cleared on Monday, and take delivery on a good day next week. Hoping everything goes smooth.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-front.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-three-quarter.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-side.jpg

The only problem is the grey is too dark and is almost black. My wife does not like black. She wanted me to change the color to white. As white would mean another 2 months wait, it took lot of convincing to make her say yes.

Also, due to the ongoing VW dieselgate, I was in two minds to cancel the booking. The GT TSi being a petrol car, I was not worried about the pollution part, but I was more concerned about how VW would solve the problems and come out of trouble. As I plan to keep the car for at least 7 years, I was concerned about how the ownership experience would be with VW in such deep trouble. However, considering that any other hatchback I choose would be a downgrade and also as I was not prepared for another cancellation and wait period (already I had booked and cancelled a Nano and Celerio before choosing the GT), I decided to take a risk and not cancel the booking. Only time will tell if this risk turns out to be a safe one. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by graaja : 26th September 2015 at 19:11. Reason: Grammar
graaja is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 22:58   #3203
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. Nice colour actually.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 23:02   #3204
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked a Carbon Steel Grey Polo GT TSi on 19th September. The dealer said the usual waiting period is 2 months. However, they were getting a Grey TSi allocated, and as all other bookings were white or red, they would allocate the car to me.

Also, due to the ongoing VW dieselgate, I was in two minds to cancel the booking. The GT TSi being a petrol car, I was not worried about the pollution part, but I was more concerned about how VW would solve the problems and come out of trouble. As I plan to keep the car for at least 7 years, I was concerned about how the ownership experience would be with VW in such deep trouble. However, considering that any other hatchback I choose would be a downgrade and also as I was not prepared for another cancellation and wait period (already I had booked and cancelled a Nano and Celerio before choosing the GT), I decided to take a risk and not cancel the booking. Only time will tell if this risk turns out to be a safe one. Fingers crossed!
Congrats on the new car!! Upgrade itch has started for me and I am looking at a good AT under 10L and swinging between POLO TSI and the new Figo. Are ther any new changes internally for the latest updated polo? Can you post interior pics in case you have them?

Also would like to know if the interior backlighting and MID still light up in red during night or is it white now?

Last edited by praveen_v : 26th September 2015 at 23:04.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 00:01   #3205
Team-BHP Support

Button backlighting is in red whereas the MID backlighting is white.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 08:59   #3206
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent choice graaja and you've hit the nail head on. Anything else in this range and use case is a downgrade in terms of safety, features, ride and handling.

Congratulations!!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 11:40   #3207
BHPian

Guys,

a friend went to book his GT TSI yesterday and came back with some news. He says there are strong rumours at VW dealership that Navratri special updates are coming across VW including GTs. These include SATNAV, black roofs, etc.

I think VW is trying to work hard and work early on its image that has taken a massive beating after the diesel scandal.

Can anyone confirm these updates and exactly how many are there?

Also, VW should also look at giving these updates for a price to customers who bought the cars earlier else we will go in overdrive to curse them
#ish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 17:52   #3208
k36
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked a Carbon Steel Grey Polo GT TSi on 19th September.
Congrats graaja. I am seeing a twin tone paint on your car! What's the story?
k36 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 18:26   #3209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k36 View Post
Congrats graaja. I am seeing a twin tone paint on your car! What's the story?
It's a plastic film that comes on the car from the factory. So that the dust doesn't result in small scratches when parked in the yard. Just before delivery during the PDI, they peel off the sheets. It's like when you get a new mobile phone there is a very thin protector over the screen.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 18:34   #3210
k36
BHPian

@Vid639 : Thanks a lot
The last time I went to a dealer's yard was in 2006, and don't remember seeing anything like this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks