Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2015, 20:03   #3211
Team-BHP Support

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Congrats on the new car. Nice colour actually.
Thanks differential! My wife is the only one who does not like this color

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Congrats on the new car!! Upgrade itch has started for me and I am looking at a good AT under 10L and swinging between POLO TSI and the new Figo. Are ther any new changes internally for the latest updated polo? Can you post interior pics in case you have them?

Also would like to know if the interior backlighting and MID still light up in red during night or is it white now?

Thanks Praveen. I dont have internal pics of the car. Will share internal pics once I take delivery of the car. The instrument cluster is with white backlight. Not sure about the other backlight. It could be red as Gannu mentioned. I will confirm when I get the car. The major internal difference is the cruise control stalk added to the steering wheel, and the electrically adjustable and foldable mirror controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Excellent choice graaja and you've hit the nail head on. Anything else in this range and use case is a downgrade in terms of safety, features, ride and handling. Congratulations!!
Thanks itwasntme. That is the reason why I took the risk and went ahead with the GT TSi. After all we live only once

Quote:
Originally Posted by k36 View Post
Congrats graaja. I am seeing a twin tone paint on your car! What's the story?
Thanks k36! As Vid mentioned, the white is the protective tape which they will remove during PDI.

Last edited by graaja : 27th September 2015 at 20:25.
Old 28th September 2015, 10:16   #3212
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ish View Post
Guys,

a friend went to book his GT TSI yesterday and came back with some news. He says there are strong rumours at VW dealership that Navratri special updates are coming across VW including GTs. These include SATNAV, black roofs, etc.
I really hope what they mean is the launch of the GTi. Those updates you mentioned could possibly link to the sunroof and mirrorlink-enabled HU available on the international versions.
Old 28th September 2015, 10:18   #3213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
I really hope what they mean is the launch of the GTi. Those updates you mentioned could possibly link to the sunroof and mirrorlink-enabled HU available on the international versions.
No no.. That will be the Polo Connekt with the Blaupunkt Head unit.
And black roof maybe a dealer option already.
Old 28th September 2015, 10:20   #3214
BHPian

ugh.. okay. But I wouldn't think there would be a konekt version of the GT, would there?
Old 29th September 2015, 12:07   #3215
SLK
Senior - BHPian

One more!

I installed it myself with instructions from all over the internet. (needs specific tool)

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20150929_104242.jpg

Observations so far:
1) Steering is very slightly smaller than the original
2) Slightly chunkier
3) Horn pad smaller and far to reach from the edge
4) Buttons have a deeper press action but the original was better IMO
5) Pedals work as others have described, in manual mode both pedals and stick work
SLK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 12:13   #3216
Senior - BHPian

A Small news from a very reliable source of mine, Polo GTI will have only 60 Units allotted to India, Will be priced between 18 - 25 lakhs! New passat in 2016 By June, For that amount of money for the GTI, Its a no brainer according to me.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 12:24   #3217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
A Small news from a very reliable source of mine, Polo GTI will have only 60 Units allotted to India, Will be priced between 18 - 25 lakhs! New passat in 2016 By June, For that amount of money for the GTI, Its a no brainer according to me.
Hi, I have booked GT TSI, but after VW scandal, went to ford showroom too to checkout Figo. Now the SA from ford is saying that POLO GT production is being stopped. Someone on this thread also said there might be an upgrade in polo this October. Can you please confirm this, I am really confused.

Last edited by krsna777 : 29th September 2015 at 12:48.
Old 29th September 2015, 13:10   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
I was twiddling my thumbs with no news on the GTi. The range seems too high (7 lakhs?). 18 lakhs would be at the upper limit of my budget where I would still walk briskly to the showroom. @ 25 lakhs might as well get a moderately used mini cooper.

I really hope its not just 60 units, this will get the dealers to hike prices and well it just won't be available for a (albeit slightly) larger demographic.
Old 29th September 2015, 13:21   #3219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post
Hi, I have booked GT TSI, but after VW scandal, went to ford showroom too to checkout Figo. Now the SA from ford is saying that POLO GT production is being stopped. Someone on this thread also said there might be an upgrade in polo this October. Can you please confirm this, I am really confused.
Don't ever believe what SA from any company says, Really. VW scandal only includes the 2 TDI engine, Even with that i am sure the production wouldn't have stopped, Ill still try and get this confirmed. Also polo just got the cruise control, Indicators on OVRM etc, So i don't really think any more features will be added.
The next polo has to be the GTI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
I was twiddling my thumbs with no news on the GTi. The range seems too high (7 lakhs?). 18 lakhs would be at the upper limit of my budget where I would still walk briskly to the showroom. @ 25 lakhs might as well get a moderately used mini cooper.

I really hope its not just 60 units, this will get the dealers to hike prices and well it just won't be available for a (albeit slightly) larger demographic.
Even if its just 60 Units, I doubt if VW will manage to sell it all, And eventually dealers might have to give heavy discounts after a while when the car won't be selling. Even if its 18lakhs ex showroom (Lets assume thats the best price VW will throw at us) It would touch the 20 Lac mark on road, Even then a Jetta or a octavia makes more sense.

Another problem in India is, Most of them would think its just the regular polo which costs half the amount of what GTI could be, So mostly it would be only you who would know what actually you have paid for the car.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 13:56   #3220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
+1 to Tanveer.

You should take anything said by the SA (that too from competition) with a rock of salt As the VW scandal is only related to diesel engines, I don't think they will stop production of the petrol TSi.

Polo GT TSi and TDi got upgraded only a couple of months ago, and I too doubt if there is going to be another face-lift in October.

Anyway, as you wait for the arrival of your car, festival season would be in and you can check out if there are any special offers or feature additions and then take delivery.

Last edited by graaja : 29th September 2015 at 13:57.
Old 29th September 2015, 14:00   #3221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another problem in India is, Most of them would think its just the regular polo which costs half the amount of what GTI could be, So mostly it would be only you who would know what actually you have paid for the car.
Even people more knowledgeable about the GTI may just think it is Polo TSi with aftermarket mods. Like this TSI I spotted around the time the GTI testing reports first came out. it was coincidentally a couple of days after the GTI thread came up on Team Bhp.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-pologti.jpg

For a moment, I thought: What/How?? Turned out to be a GT TSI nicely modded to look like the GTI with a Petes remap, Bilstein Suspension, Borbet Alloys, Black roof and the GTI badge.

So the owner may first need to convince people it is not a Polo and then need to convince it is not a mod job.
Old 29th September 2015, 14:29   #3222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Even people more knowledgeable about the GTI may just think it is Polo TSi with aftermarket mods. Like this TSI I spotted around the time the GTI testing reports first came out. it was coincidentally a couple of days after the GTI thread came up on Team Bhp.

So the owner may first need to convince people it is not a Polo and then need to convince it is not a mod job.
Rajeev, but that's always the case with the GTI range from VW - Polo or the Golf. There is not much of differentiation in the looks which makes it easy for the pretenders. Normally the owners of the original won't bother to convince
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 14:36   #3223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Normally the owners of the original won't bother to convince
Totally agree. If I had a GTI, I would be having so much fun driving the car, I wouldn't have any time to worry if others think it is a modded Polo.

Last edited by graaja : 29th September 2015 at 14:43.
Old 29th September 2015, 15:07   #3224
BHPian

Quote:
May be Ford SA is telling half truth.
The real story is VW Chakan plant is shutdown for maintenance. This is a planned shutdown and was announced well before the US emissions scandal.
Every manufacturing unit has planned shutdowns and maintenance windows, I don't see this as a bad thing.
If you believe that Polo TSI is the right car for you, stick to the booking. If you feel Figo/Aspire appeals more then cancel the Polo booking.

Last edited by freedom : 29th September 2015 at 15:09.
Old 29th September 2015, 15:17   #3225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
May be Ford SA is telling half truth.
The real story is VW Chakan plant is shutdown for maintenance. This is a planned shutdown and was announced well before the US emissions scandal.
Every manufacturing unit has planned shutdowns and maintenance windows, I don't see this as a bad thing.
If you believe that Polo TSI is the right car for you, stick to the booking. If you feel Figo/Aspire appeals more then cancel the Polo booking.
Thanks for the info. Despite Figo prices being very tempting, I was unable to change my mind (dreaming about GT TSI from a very long time). I know Im being irrational, but still going ahead with the booking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks