Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 23:30   #3256
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Even I am interested in getting the auto light function as I got used to this in the Jetta, and am forgetting to turn off the head lights when I switch off the car.
Hi,

Ventoman has installed auto headlight switch module in Vento TSI.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3746062

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 18:14   #3257

Getting the White TSI finally next week, went to the yard for PDI today
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20151010054156.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-9191dfca98b543dda791ba3315d76048.jpg  

autovarun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 18:41   #3258
BHPian

Quote:
The back-lighting on the control buttons is red, whereas the MID is white.

Here you go.

Steering wheel. The flat bottom steering wheel is fantastic to hold.

Cruise control stalk. Is same as in the Jetta.

Left and right controls.
Glove box. The cooling vent can be seen on the right side.

Center console. Looks neat and well laid out.

ORVM control knob. Feels a little fragile.

ORVM with turn indicator. The piano black finish is going to be a pain to maintain. Maybe a matte black wrap would do the job.
One more request.
Can you post pictures of handbrake lever?
I thought VW had added back leather on hand brake level but the car I saw @ dealers place is having plasticy feel to it. Even the cover at the back of the handbrake was looking plasticy.
Old 10th October 2015, 19:19   #3259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
One more request.
I thought VW had added back leather on hand brake level but the car I saw @ dealers place is having plasticy feel to it. Even the cover at the back of the handbrake was looking plasticy.
The hand brake lever does not have a leather cover (VW removed this during the last iteration itself). It is regular plastic. And yes, the total cover feels a little cheap. Will post picture tomorrow.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 20:41   #3260
BHPian

Quote:
The hand brake lever does not have a leather cover (VW removed this during the last iteration itself). It is regular plastic. And yes, the total cover feels a little cheap. Will post picture tomorrow.
And while you are at it. Can you do me another favour.

lift the floor cover in the boot. You will see a white paper stuck on the body in the spare wheel well.
Do you see any unpainted area there? Esp the bumper side of the rear wheel shows brown colored welding spots? I missed seeing that with the naked eye but the photos of the are on my cell phone are clearly showing rust coloured patch. It may not be real rust but redoxide coated. Or may be its my finger at the side of the edge camera

I will be going to the showroom again tomorrow to confirm.
Old 11th October 2015, 15:50   #3261

Hi all,

My Polo GT Tsi will arrive by this month end. Even though the dealer claimed minimum 2 months at the time of booking (the other 2 dealers claimed 3 - 4 months), now all dealers are claiming 3 - 4 weeks for delivery. I guess many people have cancelled their bookings. And HDFC has decided not to give loan for Volkswagen India from last week ownwards. Anyways I am happy that because of all these I am getting a faster delivery. (But a slight fear is also in mind regarding the future of Volkswagen if the issues are snowballing).

Hope things will go good.

My doubts to all is that, I can see two different steering while searching in net, R-Line steering and GTI steering. What's the difference between two and I saw that most of the people in Team-bhp has gone ahead with GTI steering and not the R-Line one.

Also I guess most of you have purchased the steering via online from a mexico dealer. Is it because Vagtunes is quoting very high rates? Or the mexican wheel is feeling more original than the vagtunes' one? Is there any other third source for the same, like an importer based out of Bangalore who will do the work properly without giving us any headache?
Old 11th October 2015, 16:01   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
One more request.
The handbrak still doesnt get leather. its all plastic .
I am unable to upload photos. The app gives me a security issue. maybe because i am still a newbie.
Old 11th October 2015, 21:55   #3263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
The handbrak still doesnt get leather. its all plastic .
I am unable to upload photos. The app gives me a security issue. maybe because i am still a newbie.
You can log in from chrome on the phone and upload photos.
Old 12th October 2015, 13:17   #3264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autovarun View Post
Getting the White TSI finally next week, went to the yard for PDI today
Congratulations on the new TSi. Wishing you a pleasant delivery experience and tens of thousands of miles of safe and fun filled driving experience.

Quote:
One more request.
Here is the photo of the hand brake lever. How I wished this had the same leather wrap as the gear lever!!

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-brake-lever.jpg

Quote:
And while you are at it. Can you do me another favour.

lift the floor cover in the boot. You will see a white paper stuck on the body in the spare wheel well.
Do you see any unpainted area there? Esp the bumper side of the rear wheel shows brown colored welding spots? I missed seeing that with the naked eye but the photos of the are on my cell phone are clearly showing rust coloured patch. It may not be real rust but redoxide coated. Or may be its my finger at the side of the edge camera

I will be going to the showroom again tomorrow to confirm.
I found yellow rubber based coating on the rear bumper side of the wheel well. I called up the dealer and talked to a service guy and he said this is a coating that they give both underside and the inside of the wheel well to avoid rust.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc02245.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by binish View Post
Hi all,

My Polo GT Tsi will arrive by this month end. Even though the dealer claimed minimum 2 months at the time of booking (the other 2 dealers claimed 3 - 4 months), now all dealers are claiming 3 - 4 weeks for delivery. I guess many people have cancelled their bookings. And HDFC has decided not to give loan for Volkswagen India from last week ownwards. Anyways I am happy that because of all these I am getting a faster delivery. (But a slight fear is also in mind regarding the future of Volkswagen if the issues are snowballing).
Even I had this doubt and fear about VW closing shop. But reading the various news, I don't think they will just fold. They will definitely fix the problems and survive. That is why I took the risk and went ahead with the purchase. After all we live only once!!
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 13:26   #3265
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the photo of the hand brake lever. How I wished this had the same leather wrap as the gear lever!!

I found yellow rubber based coating on the rear bumper side of the wheel well. I called up the dealer and talked to a service guy and he said this is a coating that they give both underside and the inside of the wheel well to avoid rust.
Thanks for the pics! You are the best
Come on VW!! My 5.5 year old i10 has leather wrapped handbrake lever. Grrrr!!

I use the handbrake at every long signal.. so an art leather or some kind of a soft wrap is a must. I will look at after market options.

I will keep the thread posted once I get the car delivered.

Last edited by freedom : 12th October 2015 at 13:30.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 14:12   #3266
BHPian

What are the changes in the "Nth time All New Polo Tsi". I mean are the changes like black roof and others applicable for GT also.
We have booked a carbon grey Tsi. I am not sure how the black roof will go with it if its coming with it. White and Red look hot with a black roof. Thinking of changing color.
columbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 14:16   #3267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
What are the changes in the "Nth time All New Polo Tsi". I mean are the changes like black roof and others applicable for GT also.
We have booked a carbon grey Tsi. I am not sure how the black roof will go with it if its coming with it. White and Red look hot with a black roof. Thinking of changing color.
The Exquisite edition is only for the normal Polo.
GT Petrol/Diesel don't have any updates after Sept 2015
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 06:03   #3268
Team-BHP Support

My initial ownership thread for the Polo GT TSi is live in the below link.

Carbon Steel Grey Polo GT TSi Comes Home
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 18:21   #3269
BHPian

Happy to announce that another GT TSI joins the forum!. Membership thread to follow when I get over the urge to keep driving the car.

Is there a way to auto fold the mirrors on locking the car?
The user manual keeps referring to "Settings" menu, I have not been able to find that elusive option

Is there anyway to dial a specific number from phone book? Only "Redial" works in my case.

And finally on the FE front, I have read people complaining of single digit FE in city traffic. Well, I can tell you that its the traffic that is the culprit and not the car.
I did 40 km run on expressway with Cruise Control set to 85, got a FE of 20 kmpl.
Then tried to drive using very little pressure on A pedal and a speed between 70-80, again got 20+
Once in city with fairly free flowing traffic with traffic lights at 1 km, got a FE of 19.
It was 32 deg. C outside and AC was set to 23 all thru.
At 85 the engine is ticking at barely 1800 rpm !!

On the expressway, the key to good FE is to drive at a steady place and keep your ego in the deep freezer! You ought to learn to let other people pass you.
Set CC to 85, get the AC to comfortable level, turn on the music and enjoy the drive.

Last edited by freedom : 18th October 2015 at 18:42.
freedom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 18:39   #3270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to auto fold the mirrors on locking the car?
The user manual keeps referring to "Settings" menu, I have not been able to find that elusive option

Lastly.. another GT joins the forum Membership thread to follow when I get over the urge to keep driving the car.
Congrats and wish you all the best.

Most of these VW manuals are generic and covers everything the model supports. A lot of stuff in the manual will not be applicable to the India spec car.

Don't think the auto fold on lock is a feature that can be enabled in the India spec car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks