Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 21:23   #3316
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Anyways let me talk to the service guy.
Hi,

It would be simple if VW service agrees to do steering swap. Which dealer in Bangalore are you talking with?

You can refer to following post regarding steering wheel install.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3795983

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 22:14   #3317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

It would be simple if VW service agrees to do steering swap. Which dealer in Bangalore are you talking with?

You can refer to following post regarding steering wheel install.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3795983

Regards.
Thank you so much antardaksh for pointing out this thread. Ventoman has mentioned about a garage in that thread - Adigas Automobiles

I will try to get in touch with Ventoman and do the necessary.

My Polo GT TSI is not yet delivered, it reached the yard today and I did the PDI today. Its through Volkswagen Elite Hosur Road. Had a really bad fight with the sales manager today and even thought about cancelling the car (Even after clearly mentioning from day one that I will be taking the insurance from outside, the sales manager who came out of nowhere today was saying its not possible to deliver the car if I am taking the insurance from outside). My friend who came to book a Vento ran away after seeing that guy's attitude and crossed the road, test drove other cars and immediately booked another C - Segment Sedan. Only because I got really addicted with GT TSI that I somehow didn't cancel the order as I don't want to wait for another month if I cancel and book from another dealer. Anyways the issue is resolved.

But I have lost faith in Volkswagen, if sales is like this, I cant even imagine how pathetic their after sales support will be. I don't know when will they learn to honor commitments and understand the meaning of customer service/happiness.
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:21   #3318

Regarding insurance.

If you are getting regular bumper-to-bumper insurance, you can shop outside of dealership.
If opting for extra package like 0 dep, engine protection, etc, then it has to be with company or dealer affiliated insurance.

I explored this with my dealer (VW Palace Cross, Bangalore) and decided to stick with the dealer package as the difference was a few hundred rupees.

Hope this helps.

VW Elite is a manned by a bunch of slippery eels posing as SAs. 2 years ago when buying my Vento TSI, they were giving me all kinds of stories. Never knew what to believe.
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:19   #3319

Found this on VW India website. May be known to many VW Polo owners.

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/value...ce-action.html

Enter your VIN and find if your new vehicle was a part of handbrake recall (recent issue) or not.

The VIN WMI (Worldwide Manufacturer Identifier) has changed. It is now MEX representing VW India from previous WVW

Basic decoding of the 17 characters:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

1,2,3 - will be WVW (Volkswagen) or MEX (VW India for newer cars)
4 - Month of Manufacture (A - Jan, B - Feb, C -Mar, D - Apr, E - May, F - Jun, G - Jul, H - Aug, J - Sep, K - Oct, L - Nov, M - Dec)
7,8,9 - don't know what is encoded here, may be model & body style
5,6 - Year of manufacture (for recent cars it should be 15)
10 - Model year (E - 2014, F - 2015, G - 2016, H - 2017)
11 - Plant code (guess T stands for assembled at Pune/Chakan plant)
12,13,14,15,16,17 - serial number
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:20   #3320
BHPian

I am going for the regular B2B insurance from outside as my father was working in insurance. So all my family cars are ensured with National Insurance and we do not want to deviate from that. And this was clearly mentioned many times with the SA. And once the car was ready some sales manager named Syed came into picture to talk about how much money to be transferred as down-payment. That is when suddenly that Syed started talking that I cannot take insurance from outside as they have margin coming from insurance in GT TSI. Only for GT models, they dont allow to take insurance from outside as Elite mototrs get a good margin from the insurance company. (Big fraud tie up they have made, looting customers as much as possible). They were charging 33k for the same. And when I take the insurance from outside the difference was not few hundreds, but a lot of thousands.

My entire process was decent with the SA Naveen (though not heart warming, but decent, nothing more nothing less), but this sales manager Syed screwed up the entire process.

Finally fortunately I had written and given in some of their forms which I signed initially that I will be taking insurance only from outside and my SA Naveen was able to find the same. That made the Syed keep his mouth shut and the fight ended. otherwise it was all shouting and screaming in the dealership.

Oh my god, a beautiful day was ruined yesterday, thanks to the sales manager.
petrol_power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:21   #3321
Distinguished - BHPian

Noticed that the D3-D2 Jerks in my Vento TSI have worsened a little bit. Happening not only during sudden braking, but even during a normal brake and shift to D2. I was in Kerala for a week and it was very hot and humid there, noticed it was more pronounced there, once I got back to Bangalore-Where it is rainy and cool, it was not that bad.

I had driven ~2000 km in the last 10 days, at least 1500 have been in S mode. Not sure if that has confused the D mode in any way, resulting a change in behavior. Can that happen?

Quote:
Its through Volkswagen Elite Hosur Road. Had a really bad fight with the sales manager today and even thought about cancelling the car (Even after clearly mentioning from day one that I will be taking the insurance from outside, the sales manager who came out of nowhere today was saying its not possible to deliver the car if I am taking the insurance from outside).

But I have lost faith in Volkswagen, if sales is like this, I cant even imagine how pathetic their after sales support will be. I don't know when will they learn to honor commitments and understand the meaning of customer service/happiness.
Several bad stories about VW Elite. They made my colleague pay the full amount promising delivery in a week and managed to delay by a month citing various excuses (Of course he made the mistake of paying the full amount without getting a VIN or seeing the car, but still..)

Would suggest you go to VW Whitefield or Palace Cross for your after sales work/services. They are comparatively better.
Old 3rd November 2015, 20:05   #3322
BHPian

Quote:
That is when suddenly that Syed started talking that I cannot take insurance from outside as they have margin coming from insurance in GT TSI.

Ignore him. Talk to Dealer's GM. if he too doesn't agree, just cancel the deal and walk out.

If they threaten to levy cancellation charges.. just report this to VW. Better still, stand outside the dealership and make sure you ask each and every prospective customer to beware of the malpractices.

For a record, I told my SA that I will be taking insurance from outside. Showed him the quote I was getting from outside. He agreed to give me a similar plan from a different insurance company at the same price, saved 10K.

Remember, you are in love with the car.. not with the dealer.
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:24   #3323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Noticed that the D3-D2 Jerks in my Vento TSI have worsened a little bit. Happening not only during sudden braking, but even during a normal brake and shift to D2. I was in Kerala for a week and it was very hot and humid there, noticed it was more pronounced there, once I got back to Bangalore-Where it is rainy and cool, it was not that bad.

I had driven ~2000 km in the last 10 days, at least 1500 have been in S mode. Not sure if that has confused the D mode in any way, resulting a change in behavior. Can that happen?
Just want to check if you have had the recent software update? I did that recently in my Vento TSI and the jerks seems to have disappeared. By the way are you experiencing the jerks only when you brake? I have never experienced under braking but during quick acceleration from D2 to D3 and back off on the throttle.

I drive in Chennai where it is always hot and humid so not sure if the weather plays any part.
senthils27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:43   #3324
BHPian

Quote:
I got zero dep insurance for my vento tsi done outside since the amount quoted by the dealer was quite high. They had no problems with that either.
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:10   #3325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Ignore him. Talk to Dealer's GM. if he too doesn't agree, just cancel the deal and walk out.

If they threaten to levy cancellation charges.. just report this to VW. Better still, stand outside the dealership and make sure you ask each and every prospective customer to beware of the malpractices.

Remember, you are in love with the car.. not with the dealer.
I initially asked them to cancel the booking (but was sad inside as I didn't want to wait for one more month waiting with another dealer for the same car). But anyways the issue is resolved now.
True, the way that sales manager behaved was as if he was making the car and not the VW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousshoes View Post
I got zero dep insurance for my vento tsi done outside since the amount quoted by the dealer was quite high. They had no problems with that either.
Even my SA didn't have any problem initially and that's how I went ahead with the booking. And the sales manager did precisely what is called as "trying to take advantage of the customer". Yes, I was a bit excited about the GT TSI and he understood that and he was trying for a last minute quick money, which I really hated, which moved to a heated argument and almost reached till cancellation. And that is the only reason I got irritated to the core and will never suggest this dealership to anyone I know.

The CRM manager came after he heard the chaos and took things to control and promised me to do the necessary, and he did whatever was necessary.

I also heard from someone that as per the new IRDA act, no dealer can force a customer to take the insurance from dealer. It has to be the wish and will of the customer. Not sure about the same though.
Old 3rd November 2015, 23:17   #3326
Distinguished - BHPian

They just try it on.

I had a rather beautiful sales person do this to me, and I just said no, I did not not have to buy insurance from her, and I was not going to. It was an insurance guy who had found the model for me, and introduced me to the dealer! The lady disappeared, and was replaced by an ugly guy. Less fun, but insurance was never again mentioned
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 23:42   #3327
BHPian

Booked a Grey Polo GT TSI after 2 months of research and loads of confusion. On consideration set were Aspire AT, Aspire Diesel and Ecosport Diesel. Varied choices but I was not able to decide between comfort and build. Finally decided on an AT as my wife would also drive the car.

Main reason to leave out Ford altogether was the greedy nature of Ford dealers - Overpriced accessories and inconsistent pricing across dealerships. I found the VW salesperson most well spoken, well informed and genuine. I hope their after sales service is equally good.

There was one hitch last week when the dealer allocated my car to someone else, I cancelled my booking and started considering buying a pre owned Civic. However the dealer arranged another car by next day fresh from factory. Also they paid octroi and got the car from Panvel stockyard to Mumbai showroom so that I can do PDI before the payment. So I did the PDI today and paid the full amount. Now waiting for the delivery on Sunday or Monday

The tyres on my car are of Goodyear 185/60/15. Could members please advise if these are better or worse off than Apollo? Also should an upgrade to Michelin P3ST 195/60/15 be seriously considered? I am not looking for any addons as of now, maybe armrest at most.

Does everyone get sleepless nights between booking and delivery?
manish84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 05:00   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Booked a Grey Polo GT TSI after 2 months of research and loads of confusion.

Hey Manish! Congratulations on your new car! I guess we both are on the same boat my friend, had a similar experience with ABRA chennai, expecting my car on Friday or Monday through an other dealer after cancellation of by booking with ABBA motors ! It sure was a nightmare.
P.S :- I'm swapping my stock tyres with the michelin 195/60r15 p3st's

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th November 2015 at 08:50. Reason: Removing bulk of the quoted post; inconveniences our mobile users.
Old 4th November 2015, 13:24   #3329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Just want to check if you have had the recent software update? I did that recently in my Vento TSI and the jerks seems to have disappeared. By the way are you experiencing the jerks only when you brake? I have never experienced under braking but during quick acceleration from D2 to D3 and back off on the throttle.

I drive in Chennai where it is always hot and humid so not sure if the weather plays any part.
Up until now, the jerks were only under heavy braking. Now noticing it in the scenario you mentioned.

No software update done yet. When i checked, one service center said there is an update and they need 2 days for it. I gave for 2nd service in another service center and they had no clue.

Can you share what exactly was done during the upgrade process. I was told that I need to leave the car with 3/4th tank fuel and they would take it on a long drive with their systems connected and then do the updates on the fly after observing behavior.
Old 4th November 2015, 16:21   #3330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
The tyres on my car are of Goodyear 185/60/15. Could members please advise if these are better or worse off than Apollo? Also should an upgrade to Michelin P3ST 195/60/15 be seriously considered?
Hi Manish,
I have been driving with P3ST for close to 43,000 kms(with the Pete's remap) . I guess I could use it for another 15,000 kms.
It is worth spending money on P3ST, and I am sure you will enjoy your pocket rocket.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks