Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2015, 20:26   #3481
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Booked a GT TSI carbon steel today. The wait begins. Have been promised delivery before the month end.

No discounts.

Freebies : mud flaps, floor mats, sun blinds for the rear windows (like in the exquisite edition)

Others: Corp discount and insurance of my choice.

Queries to the GT gurus:

1. Any options for a horn upgrade. The stock ones are pathetic.

2. Best tyre option in the stock size. Looking at Bridgestone Turanza ER 300. Don't know much about them. Or to retain the alnacs? Had anybody tried the yokos Earth 1 for the polo? Am looking at a comfortable and silent touring tyre rather than performance tyre.

3. What bulbs does the polo use for headlights? Planning on a xtreme vision bulbs.

4. Is there an option of auto dimming irvm? Not a DIY person. If so where can I source one?

5. Any head unit with CarPlay available for polo?

6. Where can I source good quality black Vw emblems?

Thanks

Happy motoring.

I don't like too loud horns inside city, so I am comfortable with the same. Pl try it for few days before upgrading

Most commonly used tyres in team bhp, Yoko S dive 205/55 (maximum grip and max. noise), Michelim P3ST 195/60 (Least noise and decent grip), COntinental MC5 205/55/15 (slots in bw S drive and P3ST for grip and noise. I have gone ahead with Yoko S drive. Great grip, but really bad noise

I have upgraded to H7 extreme vision from Philips for high and low beam, H8 cystal vision of Philips for parking light and Philips T10 LED (in white 6000k) for parking lights (just for aesthetic purpose).
Parking lights look good and other lights have improved by a small margin, but not extra ordinary, better to go ahead with HIDs if you do lot of night drives.

ebay or vagtunes. Also it has manual dimming and that serves the purpose

6. Where can I source good quality black Vw emblems?

ebay.com, there are lot of matt and glossy black emblems or vagtunes.

Please try to get a centre armrest, if required. Source ebay.com or vagtunes. I got it done from Vagtunes Bangalore.
Old 10th December 2015, 12:26   #3482
BHPian

Has anybody used the michelin xm 2 tyres in the OE size for their GT TSI?

I am looking at a silent touring tyre that can tackle a fair amount of bad roads and abuse.

Is it the same bulb for the high and low beam (h7 55w). So do i have to get 4 h7 xtreme visions for a bulb upgrade. Kindly share your thoughts.

Happy motoring.
Old 10th December 2015, 16:51   #3483
Senior - BHPian

I had a strange problem with my Vento TSI yesterday. I stopped to get a pollution check done at my pump and almost couldn't because we couldn't get the RPM to stay still at 2,300 to 2,700 for the needed 15 seconds. The car RPM would blip as if it's changing gears and it was a very frustrating experience.

Finally, I figured the RPM stays still longer in Neutral rather than Park and was able to get a minimum 3-month certificate.

The guy doing the check told me this is a problem in a few other cars viz. the Nano and Amaze diesel.

Has anyone else experienced this either with a Vento or Polo TSI, given they have the same engine/transmission combo? And is there a way around it?
Old 10th December 2015, 21:08   #3484
BHPian

Quote:

I am looking at a silent touring tyre that can tackle a fair amount of bad roads and abuse.
I am using it for my Polo TDI. It's a comfort oriented tyre so will tick your boxes but one serious drawback is that it is very poor in handling so much so that it is worse than Apollo Alnacs or MRF ZVTVs. But if it is only silentness and comfort you are looking for then go for it. Frankly in my opinion, XM2 does not deserve to be part of a car like TSI.

From my reading on other posts, I think for you the better bet will be Michelin P3STs which will have better comfort as well as handling.
Old 10th December 2015, 22:46   #3485
BHPian

Quote:

The Michelin P3ST's fit your requirement! I'm not sure if they come as 185/60 r15, I have a GT TDI which i've upgraded to the P3ST's 195/60 R15 from day one and man are they silent and soft

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th December 2015 at 16:27. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 11th December 2015, 12:30   #3486

Cruise Control/Cooled Glove Box/Auto-folding ORVMs

Hi,

Don't these 3 features come in the currently selling GT TSI? I am told by a SA here that VW is not manufacturing this model with these features.

Thanks.
Papillon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 13:46   #3487
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Cruise Control/Cooled Glove Box/Auto-folding ORVMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
Hi,

Don't these 3 features come in the currently selling GT TSI? I am told by a SA here that VW is not manufacturing this model with these features.

Thanks.
They should be. There are members here who have purchased this version (Bhpian graaja is one) Clearly mentioned in the website also. Maybe the SA trying to push through some older stock of the variant before these changes?
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 13:59   #3488

Re: Cruise Control/Cooled Glove Box/Auto-folding ORVMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
They should be. There are members here who have purchased this version (Bhpian graaja is one)
Thanks Rajeevraj,

He said only a few cars were manufactured with these features and now they are not doing so anymore and also that the company has TEMPORARILY stopped the production of GT TSI.

I think you're right about he making stories to just clear up unsold pre September manufactured vehicles.

Cheers.
Papillon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 14:39   #3489
BHPian

Quote:
1. Any options for a horn upgrade. The stock ones are pathetic.
Have they downgraded the horn in Polo? We had a 2010 polo and the horn was louder than the one came in a Skoda Laura. In fact it used to scare pedestrians and bikers, I was always a bit hesitant to use it
Old 11th December 2015, 16:12   #3490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Have they downgraded the horn in Polo? We had a 2010 polo and the horn was louder than the one came in a Skoda Laura. In fact it used to scare pedestrians and bikers, I was always a bit hesitant to use it
(I have read in internet that they have downgraded the same). But the current horn itself is too loud to give a jerk to pedestrians and I try my level best to avoid it if any pedestrians are near by. There is no point of making it too loud than a particular limit.
Old 11th December 2015, 17:24   #3491
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Yes. These three features are standard in cars manufactured after September.

Quote:
Thanks Rajeevraj,
He said only a few cars were manufactured with these features and now they are not doing so anymore and also that the company has TEMPORARILY stopped the production of GT TSI.
That is absolutely a dirty tactic to sell you old stock. Hold your ground and insist for the latest model with the features. As Rajeevraj has mentioned, the website mentions the availability of the features.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 21:38   #3492
Distinguished - BHPian

So now I find myself in the market for a new car.

This would be my choice, except that, the reason I need a new car is flood damage, and VW seem to have no interest at all in helping Chennai flood victims. So, tempted as I am by what remains my favourite car on the road, I think it might be wise to say "VW, thanks, but... No thanks."
Old 11th December 2015, 21:59   #3493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
So now I find myself in the market for a new car.

This would be my choice, except that, the reason I need a new car is flood damage, and VW seem to have no interest at all in helping Chennai flood victims. So, tempted as I am by what remains my favourite car on the road, I think it might be wise to say "VW, thanks, but... No thanks."
Hmmm...Sounds logical. BTW, did flood damage you car? And what kind of damage?

So, which one are you gonna pick now?

Last edited by pc1686 : 11th December 2015 at 22:01. Reason: Added a query
Old 11th December 2015, 22:08   #3494
Distinguished - BHPian

What's the story behind VW not showing interest in helping flood victims and hence not choosing VW?

Couldn't understand. Is this like, don't buy Colgate; buy Dabur because the former takes away India's wealth?
Old 12th December 2015, 21:22   #3495
BHPian

My car is reaching the showroom in a day or 2. I guess i should be able to do a pdi, finish the formalities and hopefully take delivery of the car before the end of this week.

I have asked for the dual tone horn upgrade from the dealership.

With all the scares of the DQ200 I guess I will opt for the extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th year.

No mods planned as of now other than the headlight bulb upgrade to the xtreme visions or the osram night breakers. I was surprised to find the osrams priced around 2500 a pair as opposed to Rs. 1450 for a pair of xtreme visions.

Apparently, there is an Xtreme vision plus! Has anybody tried those bulbs?

I am quite keen on a headunit upgrade. Unlike a few others who have swapped their head units for better ones, I am NOT a DIY person. So, for someone like me what are the options available. And i dont want to lose the steering controls or bluetooth streaming.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks