Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2015, 21:32   #3496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
My car is reaching the showroom in a day or 2. I guess i should be able to do a pdi, finish the formalities and hopefully take delivery of the car before the end of this week.

I have asked for the dual tone horn upgrade from the dealership.

With all the scares of the DQ200 I guess I will opt for the extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th year.

No mods planned as of now other than the headlight bulb upgrade to the xtreme visions or the osram night breakers. I was surprised to find the osrams priced around 2500 a pair as opposed to Rs. 1450 for a pair of xtreme visions.

Apparently, there is an Xtreme vision plus! Has anybody tried those bulbs?

I am quite keen on a headunit upgrade. Unlike a few others who have swapped their head units for better ones, I am NOT a DIY person. So, for someone like me what are the options available. And i dont want to lose the steering controls or bluetooth streaming.
Exciting times for you indeed!
I called up to Ramani VW for a GT TSI today but they say delivery by Jan 31 2016.
Old 13th December 2015, 01:55   #3497
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

My little red fire cracker tuned one on 12/12/15. Phenomenal experience with the car, no major issues. Picture by Utsav Batra (UGLY Watermark by me )

Facts :
Serviced at 8k
Underbody washed every 5k
Wheels balanced+aligned+rotated every 5k
Engine oil topped up at 6.9k
Air filter cleaned at 3.5k (Never again to be repeated)

Issues:
Jerks after software update
AC water on passenger carpet (Fixed by Rs.5 elfy+pipe extension)
Stupid low speed ABS faults.

Mods done:
Super secret performance brake pads
OEM GTI headlights ( courtesy TheSaint )
Sexhaust ( 2"MS Catback custom )

Stuff broken
Lock carrier + underside on bumper (Replaced@VW)
Windshield (Replaced @VW)
2x doors dented (Repaired @VW)
Bonnet dented by jerk while car parked (Replaced @VW)
Rear bumper rear ended by wagonR with bull bars (only a spot)
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-hardiks-tsi-compressed.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-asvte8a9d08igyra2fyet7dmjyyvnqe3wu5yrn08npal.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-auzdzro9tjijcguippmf4rfvz33nzuyg4me_ccang_9n.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th December 2015 at 09:33. Reason: Inserting images in post, removing hyperlinks and broken ATTACH tags. Thanks!
H_Dogg72 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 20:15   #3498
BHPian

Quote:

With all the scares of the DQ200 I guess I will opt for the extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th year

I am quite keen on a headunit upgrade. Unlike a few others who have swapped their head units for better ones, I am NOT a DIY person. So, for someone like me what are the options available. And i dont want to lose the steering controls or bluetooth streaming.
There is no scare about the DQ200. There are people who have driven the car for 25,000+ kms with nothing but smiles on their faces. So I'll suggest, don't worry about the gearbox.
About the HU, a few people have gone with the android tablet HU from AliExpress (check frankmehta's GT TSI post). RCD 510 is also another option. Only thing, don't buy from Vagtune since he overcharges. You'd be better off finding it yourself on AliExpress or eBay. Much cheaper rates.
All the best & enjoy the Polo. Drive it like you stole it!
Old 14th December 2015, 08:31   #3499
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
OEM GTI headlights ( courtesy TheSaint )
The car looks awesome in red! And those headlights and the light throw is fantastic. Can you share details on where you sourced the GTI headlights and cost?

Quote:
There are a few options for HU upgrade.

1. I believe the dealers have better HU as official accessory.
2. Get it sourced and fixed by VAGTunes
3. Check out some leading car accessory shops like Sun Enterprises, or Kitup and they should have other options as well.
4. Source the HU yourself through AliExpress or eBay, and get it fitted in a FNG.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 11:05   #3500
BHPian

Hi
I'm planning a steering wheel upgrade for my gt tsi (pre fl fl) and thinking of sourcing it from vwrtuning on ebay - as done by drpudhi and gannu (thanks for the contact). Had a few queries regarding the same -
1) He says he has the GLI inset with him currently. Are the technical aspects of this different from let's say a GT embossed wheel?
2) He mentions he will have to set up a harness to make it a plug and play? Did the others have to get something similar done?
3) I would like to keep my warranty intact (for obvious reasons) and hence is the harness change required or is the wheel compatible without any modifications?
4) Any reliable workshop which will replace the wheel in Gurgaon? Has anyone dealt with J&J Motorworks? Are they reliable?

Thanks for the help
Old 14th December 2015, 14:09   #3501
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
The car looks awesome in red! And those headlights and the light throw is fantastic. Can you share details on where you sourced the GTI headlights and cost?

Thank you. These are from Vagtune. But i DO NOT suggest you to buy them.
1.The DRL's stopped working after 2 months
2.Low high doesnt work together

IN the end Mohhamad, Thesaints trusted light guy had to open them and take out a wire to bypass the switcher. HIGHLY NON RECOMMENDED. Sugesh did not help in anything.
Instead,
1. Get a retrofit @ RetroRides Delhi (Frank has done it)
2.Buy from Lumen Systems bangalore (Ankit has done it)
3. Buy OEM Valeos (Vikram has done it)

In any case DO NOT put HID in reflectors. Been there, done that. Sheer waste of funds.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 18:27   #3502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Instead,
1. Get a retrofit @ RetroRides Delhi (Frank has done it)
2.Buy from Lumen Systems bangalore (Ankit has done it)
3. Buy OEM Valeos (Vikram has done it)

In any case DO NOT put HID in reflectors. Been there, done that. Sheer waste of funds.
Thank you for the information and guidance. I had planned getting Xenon kit from RTS and retrofitting (like Gannu and Frank have done). As this requires some complex work to fit and align, I was also looking for other full headlight assembly options. I will check out Lumen systems and Valeos.
Old 14th December 2015, 20:24   #3503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Thank you for the information and guidance. I had planned getting Xenon kit from RTS and retrofitting (like Gannu and Frank have done). As this requires some complex work to fit and align, I was also looking for other full headlight assembly options. I will check out Lumen systems and Valeos.
I would not suggest retrofitting as it requires a lot of patience & most of the retrofitters do half assed jobs. I would highly recommend Lumen systems as I'm happy with the service provided. If you need any details, do PM me & I'll be happy to share them with you. Valeos are perfect & near OEM quality but they are insanely expensive. If you have the budget, I'd definitely recommend Valeo without a second thought. All the best with what you choose!
polo_ankit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 12:43   #3504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
Hi
I'm planning a steering wheel upgrade for my gt tsi (pre fl fl) and thinking of sourcing it from vwrtuning on ebay - as done by drpudhi and gannu (thanks for the contact). Had a few queries regarding the same -
1) He says he has the GLI inset with him currently. Are the technical aspects of this different from let's say a GT embossed wheel?
2) He mentions he will have to set up a harness to make it a plug and play? Did the others have to get something similar done?
3) I would like to keep my warranty intact (for obvious reasons) and hence is the harness change required or is the wheel compatible without any modifications?
4) Any reliable workshop which will replace the wheel in Gurgaon? Has anyone dealt with J&J Motorworks? Are they reliable?

Thanks for the help
You can get it from vwrtuning or gcptuning. I believe vwrtuning sells the red backlit buttons whereas gcptuning has the white ones. White look better IMO.
1. I believe everyone has the GTI wheel & the GLI wheel hasn't been tried.
2. The harness is for the horn or something else?
3. All the wheels done on most of the GT TSIs are plug & play.
4. I think Arush (Autopsyche) has done the fitting of the wheels for the guys from Delhi. What are you dealing with J&J?
polo_ankit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 16:48   #3505

Team,

I am having my GT delivered by next week. The tyres that I observed during PDI were Apollo, Was thinking of changing them to P3ST 195/60 , the quote I have got is 11k for exchange. Please let me know if the rates for exchange are good to go for and if it is worth enough to spend that to shift from Apollo 185 to P3ST 195s
Old 16th December 2015, 18:48   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_ankit View Post
You can get it from vwrtuning or gcptuning. I believe vwrtuning sells the red backlit buttons whereas gcptuning has the white ones. White look better IMO.
1. I believe everyone has the GTI wheel & the GLI wheel hasn't been tried.
2. The harness is for the horn or something else?
3. All the wheels done on most of the GT TSIs are plug & play.
4. I think Arush (Autopsyche) has done the fitting of the wheels for the guys from Delhi. What are you dealing with J&J?
The harness is required for making it a plug and play on a pre facelift model. I've just spoken to J&J, haven't gotten anything done by them yet. Will contact Autopsyche and check with them. Thanks

Rick, from vwrtuning is quoting 545 USD (415 + 130 Fedex shipping) for a GLI wheel. Any advise on whether it is a good deal or not would be highly appreciated.
eBay link for the product

Cheers
Old 16th December 2015, 19:35   #3507
BHPian

My car had arrived yesterday. Went to see the car in flesh. The audio etc had not yet been activated. Apparently, they do it during the pdi. Car looks good. Started the engine - sweet!

I had previously asked for sunblinds along with the mudfalps and mats, but have deceided against the sun blinds. I have asked for a dual tone horn instead. No other discounts apart from the corporate discount. Planning to get insurance from HDFC ERGO.

The rcd 510 blaupunkt is available from the showroom for 50000 rupees. Apparently, they have the wiring kit for the reverse camera and not the camera itself. the dealer is ready to fit the rcd 510, but not the revrse camera even if i source it from outside. looks expensive. What would be the cost of the rcd 510 elsewhere?

Have sourced 4 H7 xtreme visions and will get it fitted after delivery. The SA was apprehensive about the bulb swap before delivery; don't know why!

The car is shod with apollo alnacs. Debating about the tyre change.

Hopefully will get the car on friday. Fingers crossed.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_0590.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_0591.jpg  

Last edited by differential : 16th December 2015 at 19:40.
Old 16th December 2015, 19:37   #3508
BHPian

The only difference between the GTI and GLI wheels is the backlighting and the insert. The only think you need to ensure is that you buy the steering without the cruise control buttons as that has not been tested on any polo that i know of and reading foreign forums points to it throwing up ecu errors.
Old 16th December 2015, 19:42   #3509
anb
BHPian

Quote:

The rcd 510 blaupunkt is available from the showroom for 50000 rupees. Apparently, they have the wiring kit for the reverse camera and not the camera itself. the dealer is ready to fit the rcd 510, but not the revrse camera even if i source it from outside. looks expensive. What would be the cost of
As far as I know RCD510 is manufactured by Delphi and Bosch. I think the dealer is selling blaupunkt philadelfia, which has a poor quality and slow user interface. So please don't go for it. Rcd 510 delphi is Chinese made n costs around 25 k while Bosch which is European made cost around 35k.
Old 16th December 2015, 19:45   #3510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
As far as I know RCD510 is manufactured by Delphi and Bosch. I think the dealer is selling blaupunkt philadelfia, which has a poor quality and slow user interface. So please don't go for it. Rcd 510 delphi is Chinese made n costs around 25 k while Bosch which is European made cost around 35k.
oh! didn't know that. Thanks for the info. so, better stay away

Most Viewed