Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2016, 09:53   #3616
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
Hi all,

The buttons on the right side apart from the call take/end button don't work. My understanding - a cluster upgrade to the Maxidot cluster would make these buttons functional. As of now, they don't do anything.
One negative that I found - the wheel isn't designed for India and hence the horn is pretty far off from the thumb. It takes a little more effort to press the horn than the earlier wheel.

Cheers
Hi Aditya, all the buttons should work, as I have checked it in my GTI steering (though mine is a 2015 GT TSI). Pl get in touch with Gannu asap and he will be able to guide you as I feel there has been some installation/wiring issue.
petrol_power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 10:10   #3617
BHPian

I agree with petrol_power Aditya. All buttons should work. You may want to take it to Arush again to check if the harness is in order. The horn pad is slightly tight but that's fine.
polo_ankit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 10:10   #3618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The buttons on the right side apart from the call take/end button don't work. My understanding - a cluster upgrade to the Maxidot cluster would make these buttons functional. As of now, they don't do anything.
You definitely do not need a cluster upgrade for the buttons on the right spoke to work.

Since your previous steering had the buttons on the right spoke for navigating the MFD, resetting memory 1 and 2 etc. this should work with the current steering without any issues. I say recheck once again. The buttons should work.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 10:21   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi Aditya, all the buttons should work, as I have checked it in my GTI steering (though mine is a 2015 GT TSI).
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_ankit View Post
I agree with petrol_power Aditya. All buttons should work. You may want to take it to Arush again to check if the harness is in order. The horn pad is slightly tight but that's fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Since your previous steering had the buttons on the right spoke for navigating the MFD, resetting memory 1 and 2 etc. this should work with the current steering without any issues. I say recheck once again. The buttons should work.
Thanks for the response guys. Mine is 2013 GT TSI. All the functions which were on the old wheel (vol. up down, call, mute, track next and previous) work fine. MFD navigation etc. is done through buttons on the wiper stalk. I guess that only on the facelifted Polos which have the new steering wheel with buttons on the right side for operating the MFD, all buttons on the new wheel work.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll go get it checked out.
Old 18th January 2016, 10:27   #3620
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the response guys. Mine is 2013 GT TSI.
Alright so yours is the pre-facelift GT. There won't be any buttons on the right spoke of the stock steering wheel.

You could try doing a workaround which I did on mine to disable the buttons on the right stalk. Take the top cover of the steering column and check if you have a connector circled below on the stalk:

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-4.png

Aditya, in your case, since you have buttons on both the steering wheel right spoke and the right stalk, pressing the buttons on only one of the unit (i.e. either the steering buttons or the stalk buttons) will continue to work until you restart the car. Redundancy of the buttons are leading to a conflict. Start the car, use only the steering wheel buttons - they would work. Or use the stalk buttons, they would work. Don't use both together. You will have to restart the car.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th January 2016 at 13:12.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 11:40   #3621
BHPian

Quote:
4. Installed Phillips LED cabin light. Fairly expensive but improves the in cabin lighting well.
Hi Aditya, congrats on your new mods. Am contemplating the same as well.

Could you please provide the Model/part number of the LED bulb which was installed? I know that it is a Philips Festoon LED, but there are various sizes available which is slightly confusing.
Old 22nd January 2016, 22:49   #3622
BHPian

Guys, if anybody is looking for the dashcam, there seems to be a VFM product(just for $6). I have placed an order for the same.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Novat...594157605.html

Just for the benefeit of GT TSi owners, I have cross posted this from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...thread-39.html
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-novatek-mini-car-dvr-camera-gt300-dashcam.jpg  

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 22nd January 2016 at 22:59.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 01:24   #3623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Guys, if anybody is looking for the dashcam, there seems to be a VFM product(just for $6). I have placed an order for the same.
Surely its cheap at 500Rs, Following points mentioned below are noteworthy.

1.The CAR DVR can only be on CAR which is of The 12 v power. It may burn The motherboard if informs on carts of 24 v power. If you want to use It on carts, both please add a 24 v12v converter..
2.It would be better use with Kingston or Sandisk the original C10 high-speed card, before use pls format or clear the card at DVR.
3.That battery is small, please charge it via car charger all the time when used.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 10:07   #3624
BHPian

I am at 5800km on the odo in about 100 days and most of this is on the highway.
My commute and other city errands is less than 600 km/month.

I have a 1200 km trip coming up in 20 days. I am pretty sure that I will cross 7500 during the 1200 km trip.

I like to stick to service schedules. However this 7500 service is just a "checkup" and I don't think they do any real "work" on the car.

I am thinking of getting the car serviced a week before the trip. Given my usage, I will be at 15K in less than an year anyways. So I am not "wasting" time/money by getting 7500 service done at 6K.

Any suggestions?

I am in Pune and will be getting the car serviced at BU Bhandari.
freedom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 21:44   #3625
BHPian

One of the sales rep from VW updated that 2016 TSI will be having touch infotainment and auto dimming IVR, and price will have a rise of 20-30k. Just delayed my Red's delivery for two more weeks to make sure I will be getting the new model.

My brother who owns a 2014 TSI is now restless
GT145 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 22:57   #3626
BANNED

well I also hope they bring in projectors and navigation + rear camera in at least all the highline models
rana_kirti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 06:24   #3627

Hi freedom, when I called up BU Bhandari for my 6 month inspection, the earliest available date was 15 days away. So if you call soon you might get what you want anyways. It's a 2hr job and you are right not much is done but its always best to keep things in check. Also, I mentioned the jerk issue which I experienced about 6-7 (in ~7000kms). The rep said he'll look into possible software updates and a memory reset. I haven't experienced one after the service but given that it's almost one every thousand kms I'm not certain its fixed yet. I felt a slight change in the DSG, a slight lag in performance almost felt a bit sluggish. Its come around now after another 1k or so or it could just be a placebo There was also an oil top up too of around 350rs. No way to verify this as I hadn't checked the oil levels before which might be a good idea to do.
rohn52 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 10:29   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
I am in Pune and will be getting the car serviced at BU Bhandari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohn52 View Post
Hi freedom, when I called up BU Bhandari for my 6 month inspection, the earliest available date was 15 days away. So if you call soon you might get what you want anyways. It's a 2hr job and you are right not much is done but its always best to keep things in check. Also, I mentioned the jerk issue which I experienced about 6-7 (in ~7000kms). The rep said he'll look into possible software updates and a memory reset.
Hi Freedom & rohn52

I am also in Pune with a 2015 GT TSI & have an appointment booked for Sunday morning at BUBhandari for the 6 month checkup. Odo is at ~3800 kms. I too have experienced the nasty DSG jerks 7-8 times, and it got very scary sometimes in slow moving traffic. Hope the SAs there are aware of the problem & the fix, because it may not be possible to recreate the problem.

I had read somewhere regarding the software update for the DSG from Ver.6202 to Ver.6203 which is supposed to solve the problem. I will update my experience post service.

P.S. rohn52, Simply love your signature. Very very apt for Pune.

Last edited by sidparekh : 29th January 2016 at 10:35. Reason: Adding comment.
Old 29th January 2016, 10:59   #3629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Alright so yours is the pre-facelift GT. There won't be any buttons on the right spoke of the stock steering wheel.

You could try doing a workaround which I did on mine to disable the buttons on the right stalk. Take the top cover of the steering column and check if you have a connector circled below on the stalk:

Attachment 1462405
Hi Gannu,

I got an RLine steering in my car. I have a the similar issue that the right side buttons are not changing the MFD Display. Mine is 2013 GT TSI.

The harness is okay. Because I can see the button clicks registering on the VCDS live display. I think the cluster is ignoring the message. It happen even if I use the steering button first after starting up the car.

If I have that connector after I remove the steering cover, can you advise which pins i need to cut/disable ? atleast temporarily to ensure steering commands are accepted.

I will try to open the steering top cover and see if there is that
Old 29th January 2016, 11:06   #3630
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivasain View Post
Hi Gannu,

I got an RLine steering in my car. I have a the similar issue that the right side buttons are not changing the MFD Display. Mine is 2013 GT TSI.

It happen even if I use the steering button first after starting up the car.
When you start the car and use the steering buttons without touching the right stalk, are the functions being registered? FWIK, it is only after using the buttons on the right stalk that the steering buttons won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivasain View Post
If I have that connector after I remove the steering cover, can you advise which pins i need to cut/disable ? atleast temporarily to ensure steering commands are accepted.

I will try to open the steering top cover and see if there is that
I doubt if the connector is visible. For the stalk set which came in from Spain, this connector was visible and I was able to remove those wires from the connector which was linked with the right stalk buttons thus disabling them. But for the stock setup, this connector wasn't there. You can remove the stalk module, open the Torx screws and remove the wires. It is doable but requires the steering to be removed.

Check the DIY link. I have mentioned the procedure under No. 2 in The setbacks and the learning:. You need a DMM.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks