Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 10:49   #3646
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Hi,

I am planing to buy Gentex auto dimming mirror but have not been able to find any seller who can ship to India. Does anyone know a website from where I can order this and ship to India at reasonable price.

GENTEX AUTO-DIM MIRRORS 50-GENK2AM

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-gentex.jpg

Regards.
Old 5th February 2016, 11:56   #3647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

I am planing to buy Gentex auto dimming mirror but have not been able to find any seller who can ship to India. Does anyone know a website from where I can order this and ship to India at reasonable price.

Attachment 1469703

Regards.
I guess, since the new Polo is launched with auto dimming mirrors, just check if there is any option to source and fit the new one to our TSI's from any of the dealers.
petrol_power is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 12:09   #3648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Attachment 1469703

Regards.
Ford sells the same GENTEX as official accessory for the Ecosport and Figo twins. Priced around Rs 13,000 i guess. Check the fixation points of the IRVM of Polo Vs Figo/Figo Aspire. Whether the IRVM is header rail mounted or windscreen mounted. If its windscreen mounted, there is a strong chance you can buy one from your Ford dealer and retrofit to your Polo.
Incidentally even Hyundai uses GENTEX for its i20's and VERNA's
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 15:20   #3649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
... If its windscreen mounted, there is a strong chance you can buy one from your Ford dealer and retrofit to your Polo. ...
Not intending a DIY derailment to the thread, but isn't removing the existing mirror from the glass a bit scary?
Old 5th February 2016, 15:51   #3650
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not intending a DIY derailment to the thread, but isn't removing the existing mirror from the glass a bit scary?
When I replaced the IRVM in my GT TSi a few days back (I followed Gannu's DIY thread), the new IRVM was compatible with the existing base. I had to apply a little force to slide the OE mirror off the base (the base is stuck to the windshield), but I think this force should not pose any risk to the windshield. So, if the IRVM is compatible with the existing base, this should not be a risky DIY.

If the IRVM is incompatible with the existing base, then we have to remove the base from the windshield, which may be a risky job (I haven't tried this). The below video makes it look a simple DIY though.

graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 22:33   #3651
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Attachment 1469703

Regards.
I got myself the GENK-8A from the Gentex Frameless series along with a short wire cover through ishopinternational.com

Got it in my hands within 8 days of placing an order for 13k a year back. Maybe you could check them out.

And yes the Gentex Mirrors are all direct plug and play on the stock Polo Mirror Mounting button, no alteration needed.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 6th February 2016 at 22:35.
prince85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 22:59   #3652
Distinguished - BHPian

Did I mention having sworn never to buy another VW?

Well... I'm having second thoughts on that one.
Old 7th February 2016, 14:04   #3653
BHPian

Million Dollar Question Again?

Hello Friends,

So, with the announcement of the GTI, I am again in a fix:

1) Whether to go got GT TSI or GTI

or 2) Pick TDi GT

Appreciate deep and insightful responses.

Thanks a lot.
Old 7th February 2016, 14:20   #3654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Go ahead, I went from 1.6 to GT as well
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 14:53   #3655
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Million Dollar Question Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hello Friends,
So, with the announcement of the GTI, I am again in a fix:
1) Whether to go got GT TSI or GTI
Thanks a lot.
Although both are Polo's, they sit at 2 corners of the price spectrum. The 1.2 tsi is 10L on road and the gti will be at least 25L on road and also a 3 door hatch.

What is your kind of requirement that is causing a confusion between cars at such varying price points?
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 15:21   #3656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Go ahead, I went from 1.6 to GT as well
Nice to hear from you, bottle. I hope your change of car was voluntary, not caused by flood or any other untoward happening. Did you go for the petrol auto or the diesel manual?

I can only afford a GT by spending capital, which reduces income. My wife will dead against spending this much. It may yet still be i10-and-be-happy-to-have-a-new-car.

We'll see

What is the delivery time on GT in Chennai at the moment? Does anyone have any 2016 OTR pricing information yet? I'm not in a hurry. The next facelift might have happened before I'm ready to sign on the line! Ola autos are getting me from place to place
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 17:25   #3657
BHPian

Quote:

LOL! I understand your choice. Having driven the vento since 2013 , no other car apart from the Rapid feels as solid.

My brother in law had recently upgraded from a Vista to a Rapid in November2015. He lives in chennai. He had driven his car for all of 1800. Km over 20 days when the flood waters entered the cabin. It was deemed "total loss" by the Skoda and insurance people.

He had paid upwards of 12 lakhs including the bumper to bumper insurance, but the insurance chap forgot to add cover for road tax and registration charges( apparently new add on) and lost over 4 lakhs in the deal. He was well and truly had.

He shopped around for a car again but couldn't forget those 20 days of owning the Rapid. He went back and bought the Rapid Highline Tdi with all types of insurance ( including the black rope and shells ;-) ) .

I was shopping around for an automatic hatch for my wife( currently driving the vento) but she took one look at the Jazz / Grand i10 etc and said its just not as solid as the vento! The GT TSI is coming home next week.
sunsetorange is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 20:26   #3658
BHPian

Quote:

That's the problem with VW/Skoda cars. Once you own them, it is very difficult to go for any other brand(in the similar price band). You do not get this kind of driving pleasure in any other car.

Make sure to go for bumper to bumper insurance and extended warranty.

Which one??
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 22:56   #3659
k36
BHPian

I'm enjoying my TSI since 3+ months. Few more weeks to go for the 6-month checkup.
Now the ambient temperature sensor seems to have gone kaput. I'm seeing 2.5 to 6 degrees as the ambient temperature when actual temp is 25-30 degrees.

Is this reading used for anything else than just display? I don't want to visit the workshop unnecessarily, but can't risk damage to any other component.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.
Old 7th February 2016, 23:09   #3660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
My brother in law had recently upgraded from a Vista to a Rapid in November2015. He lives in chennai. He had driven his car for all of 1800. Km over 20 days when the flood waters entered the cabin. It was deemed "total loss" by the Skoda and insurance people.
Oh-my-god he lost a new car like that! So many people were so much worse off than me, in every aspect of this flood. Still, I feel pretty bad about it, and my no-more-VAG-group resolve stems from the lack of help or availability of spares from VW

Quote:
I was shopping around for an automatic hatch for my wife( currently driving the vento) but she took one look at the Jazz / Grand i10 etc and said its just not as solid as the vento! The GT TSI is coming home next week.
I fear my wife won't notice in the same way. It would be nice if she does. I have stressed that she has to be involved in the buying choice right from the start: however much I might like a car, if she finds the seats give her back ache (it happens) then it is a non starter. Of course, we both know that we are both comfortable with VW seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Which one??
Well, this one! The car of this thread! I do really fancy the auto, although the DSG gear box might be another expensive spare to worry about.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks