Old 26th February 2016, 18:36   #3736

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
Hello all,

Upgrades planned:
  1. 3D floor mats (done).
  2. Leatherette seat covers.
Where did you get the leatherette seats done? And how much did it cost?
Old 26th February 2016, 19:51   #3737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
Oh! That sure isn't static. It's either a loose connection from the display to the main board or the screen itself is damaged. The dealer/ASC should replace that without second thoughts.
The same didn't recur the whole day! I used it for my daily grind today and from 9AM -7PM it was normally functional.

Meanwhile I contacted the Dealer and sent my SA these pics on WhatsApp. she asked me to get the car to the workshop so they could have a look .

I have to wait for it to happen again.
Old 26th February 2016, 20:24   #3738
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend is facing a small issue with his 2 week old GT TSI (2016 model with the new stuff).

Noticed couple of days back that, when starting the car, the cabin light almost gets extinguished. A slight dimming I know is normal and in an older car this could be a sign of a bad battery. But surprised to see it in a brand new car. Everything else is working fine, no other signs of a bad battery.

Below is a video we took

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 26th February 2016 at 20:29.
Old 26th February 2016, 22:23   #3739
BHPian

Hi Rajeevraj,

I think that's how it is supposed to work. In my i20 the music player stops when I start the engine. Haven't noticed the cabin lights. Will check next time. But I wouldn't be surprised if they also dim as seen in your video. They might be cutting off the supply to other (less crtical) electrical components so that maximum supply can be given to crank the engine. Experts please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 26th February 2016, 22:58   #3740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Thanks Senthil, any idea what your version of the firmware update was?
I do not know. But as I write this, my car is in service center for 7500 kms service and I have asked them to check for any new updates. I will ask for the software version this time around and let you know.
Old 27th February 2016, 10:51   #3741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeshp View Post
Where did you get the leatherette seats done? And how much did it cost?
I have placed the order and will be taking the car for fitting tomorrow. I am getting it done at HyperTune (RT Nagar). These are the premium G-Sport ones and he is charging me 9,800/- He was offering other so-called "premium" brands at the same price. Since I had G-Sport in my earlier car and it had served me well for 9+ years I just opted for the same. G-Sport range starts from 7K.
Old 2nd March 2016, 12:25   #3742
BHPian

Hi
I have been contemplating on buying a new car for a while now and somehow landed up on Polo GT Tsi (more on that later). Now a new dilemma of sorts has cropped up and I hope to get some feedback from you guys. Recently when I had gone to book a GT Tsi the SA has offered me a 2015 Vento Tsi comfortline pre face lift version at almost the cost of GT Tsi. Although the added space and boot are a welcome addition, will I be missing the point by going for the vento.

Pros with vento here: Almost similar price, bigger space. Cons: lower mileage than GT Tsi and a host of features left out in comfortline compared to GT.

Pros with PoLo: From what i read looks like Polo Tsi is more frugal and that alone is enough for me to take this, future mod options.

This would be my second car mostly solo, would clock 2000kms+ a month, ride quality is important. Would be of great help if the existing GT Tsi owners can give your inputs.

Thanks and Regards
Barani
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:00   #3743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
Recently when I had gone to book a GT Tsi the SA has offered me a 2015 Vento Tsi comfortline pre face lift version at almost the cost of GT Tsi. Although the added space and boot are a welcome addition, will I be missing the point by going for the vento.

Pros with vento here: Almost similar price, bigger space. Cons: lower mileage than GT Tsi and a host of features left out in comfortline compared to GT.

Pros with PoLo: From what i read looks like Polo Tsi is more frugal and that alone is enough for me to take this, future mod options.

This would be my second car mostly solo, would clock 2000kms+ a month, ride quality is important. Would be of great help if the existing GT Tsi owners can give your inputs.
I own a Vento TSI and from what I have experienced and based on what I have read here, there is no significant mileage difference between the Vento and Polo TSI. Avg 10-12 in City and between 14-17 in the Highway (depending on the kind of Highway is the norm).

Having said that, since you mention drives are mostly Solo, you really do not need the Vento. In addition there are a lot of feature differences between Comfortline 2015 Vento and Highline 2016 GT TSI. So I would say stick to the GT.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:15   #3744
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Vento - Buy is only if you need boot space and adsitional legroom on the back seat.
Do note that Vento can only sit 2 at the back and so can the Polo. The transmission hump is way to uncomfortable for 5th person.

BTW the 2016 Polo comes with a great list of features over the 2015 comfort-line Vento. Is the Vento a DSG or manual? Don't remember if there are options of GB on Vento TSI.

I find the Vento a tad better (splitting the hair) in balance when driving than the Polo, may be the additional wheel base gives that feeling. But driving in traffic and thru tight spaces, the Polo wins hands down.

For your usage stick to the Polo GT.. it will put a smile on your face every single day.

I always feel, Hatchbacks are way more practical than Sedans, cheaper to own and easy to park !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I own a Vento TSI and from what I have experienced and based on what I have read here, there is no significant mileage difference between the Vento and Polo TSI.
Agree.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:23   #3745
BHPian

Quote:
My friend is facing a small issue with his 2 week old GT TSI (2016 model with the new stuff).

Noticed couple of days back that, when starting the car, the cabin light almost gets extinguished. A slight dimming I know is normal and in an older car this could be a sign of a bad battery. But surprised to see it in a brand new car. Everything else is working fine, no other signs of a bad battery.

Below is a video we took

Any thoughts?
Seems normal.
Back in the day, it was a practise to switch off everything before cranking the engine. In modern times, the machine does it for you.

One thing I do not understand is why is the car being started with the cabin light ON. What is the usecase for this?

On the cabin light switch move the slider to the position where the light comes on only when the door is opened.

Then it will do the following things for you.

The light will then come on automatically when you remove the key from ignition. It will switch off once you lock the car with the remote.
The light will come on after you unlock the car and go off once they key is in ignition.

Its very thoughtful IMO.
freedom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 15:02   #3746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post

One thing I do not understand is why is the car being started with the cabin light ON. What is the usecase for this?

The light will then come on automatically when you remove the key from ignition. It will switch off once you lock the car with the remote.
The light will come on after you unlock the car and go off once they key is in ignition.

Its very thoughtful IMO.
Yes, I am well aware of that. Own a Vento TSI for past 2+ years.

There was no use case, just happened to notice it when the car was started as part of showing it to a few friends. In my Vento TSI, in the same scenario, the light dims slightly but does not get almost extinguished as seen here. Hence the doubt if it was an issue.
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:47   #3747
BHPian

Quote:

In addition there are a lot of feature differences between Comfortline 2015 Vento and Highline 2016 GT TSI. So I would say stick to the GT.
Thanks Rajeevraj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
The transmission hump is way to uncomfortable for 5th person.

For your usage stick to the Polo GT.. it will put a smile on your face every single day. I always feel, Hatchbacks are way more practical than Sedans, cheaper to own and easy to park !

Point noted. Couldnt agree more on this.

As I wasnt keen on the Vento, the SA has now offered a 2015 Polo GT Tsi without the latest features like cruise control, auto folding mirrors, mirror indicators, touchscreen?? and cooled glove box at a marginal discount. Are there any to die for features that I will be missing out. Sorry to ask but I couldnt find any more items between the 2015 and 2016 GT Tsi.

Good deal??
Old 2nd March 2016, 18:03   #3748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As I wasnt keen on the Vento, the SA has now offered a 2015 Polo GT Tsi without the latest features like cruise control, auto folding mirrors, mirror indicators, touchscreen?? and cooled glove box at a marginal discount. Are there any to die for features that I will be missing out. Sorry to ask but I couldnt find any more items between the 2015 and 2016 GT Tsi.

Good deal??
Quote:

This would be my second car mostly solo, would clock 2000kms+ a month, ride quality is important.
Hey commander, first off I am a bit confused here. You have mentioned that this will primarily be a solo drive car with 2000+ kms per month. Why would you want to go in for a Petrol engine then? Wouldn't diesel make much more sense as no petrol can be as frugal?

If you have decided on GT, both the TSI & TDI are priced the same, so finance will not be an issue here. Also, you can even pick up the Highline TDI which gets you all the features of a GT and lets you save some cash, which can be used for a remap

Coming to your purchase, IMO the seller is trying to clear his stockyard with the old models that have been lying for a while now. Though there are no absolute mechanical changes to 2016 GT, I would put my money on the latest iteration as it gives many of the desired features as factory fitted.

So my personal opinion is you must really go for the 2016 models. Also, if you are the solo driver who could be using this car for over 2k+ Kms per month, TDI makes way more sense, unless of course you only need an AT

Last edited by Vik0728 : 2nd March 2016 at 18:05.
Old 2nd March 2016, 18:17   #3749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
unless of course you only need an AT
Yup AT is why Im here. More of that once I put my money down. In short with of budget of 10L, "safety" and AT there are very few choices.

Regards
Barani
Old 2nd March 2016, 18:44   #3750
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Good deal??
How much is the "marginal" discount offered for the GT without cruise control and auto folding mirrors?

The version without cruise control was before September 2015 and should be quite old stock now. Unless you get a very big discount - say 1 lac, I would not suggest you to take this. I would call cruise control alone as a "die for" feature. On highways, cruise control on an AT car is super convenient, and can give you fantastic fuel economy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks