Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2016, 18:45   #3751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
... As I wasnt keen on the Vento, the SA has now offered a 2015 Polo GT Tsi without the latest features like cruise control, auto folding mirrors, mirror indicators, touchscreen?? and cooled glove box at a marginal discount. Are there any to die for features that I will be missing out. Sorry to ask but I couldnt find any more items between the 2015 and 2016 GT Tsi.

Good deal??
If you can afford it, go for the latest model. You will get all those nice features to play with, and, should you be selling the car, in , say, three years, it will sell as a three-year-old, whereas the older vehicle is branded by having been made a year earlier, and will be seen as a four-year-old.

The only reason to go for the older car is if the deal is the only thing that makes it possible for you to break into GT ownership. If that is the case, praise the dealer and your favourite deity and snap it up. Otherwise: but the latest and greatest.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 19:01   #3752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
How much is the "marginal" discount offered for the GT without cruise control and auto folding mirrors?
Unless you get a very big discount - say 1 lac, I would not suggest you to take this.
Hi. Its close enough to that and ditto color that I had in mind. That is why Im sold out on it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
should you be selling the car, in , say, three years, it will sell as a three-year-old, whereas the older vehicle is branded by having been mtade a year earlier, and will be seen as a four-year-old.
Hi. Im already looking at lower resale due to higher kms. Cruise control is the only feature that looks tempting. But if you Bhpians say so, will have to ponder a bit.
Old 2nd March 2016, 19:18   #3753
BHPian

Quote:
Polo GT Tsi without the latest features like cruise control, auto folding mirrors, mirror indicators, touchscreen?? and cooled glove box at a marginal

So what he is selling you is s pre-October 2015 model.
There has been another update on GT TSI last month. So essentially what you will end up with is a 2 iteration old model, I.e same level as 2.5 yr back say Sep 2014.
If you decide to pick it, run a through inspection. Check and double check why the car didn't find a customer when dealers usually sell all the inventory they get.
I hope you are getting a BIG discount.

If I was you, I will pick up latest model at a higher price and be happy.
freedom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:00   #3754
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. Its close enough to that and ditto color that I had in mind. That is why Im sold out on it so far.
I'd say 1 Lakh is a pretty good discount on a GT TSI - never heard of such numbers for this variant. I too was offered a 2015 model (with cruise control and electrically folding ORVM) in Jan/2016 but with 0 discount hence had decided to wait for 2016 model.

If you do decide to go for it get the VIN number to check the manufacturing month and do a thorough inspection before signing up.
Old 3rd March 2016, 00:02   #3755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
I'd say 1 Lakh is a pretty good discount on a GT TSI - never heard of such numbers for this variant.
Something doesn't add up. Are you sure it isn't a test drive car they are trying to push? Take someone experienced in VW cars to check it out.
Old 3rd March 2016, 06:40   #3756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
First, is it actually a model that is pre 2015 facelift?. From your posts you seem to be not too sure. The 2015 facelift came in September/October with the auto folding orvm/cruise control. If that is the case you are looking at a 6/month old car missing a bunch of features. As others have recommended stay away from this and get a new car. A gt sitting unsold for 6 months is strange and suspicious.

If it is Nov/ December car, maybe worth looking at if you are getting 1L discount. But do a thorough pdi.

Personally feel you should go for the latest 2016 model.
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:04   #3757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
First, is it actually a model that is pre 2015 facelift?. From your posts you seem to be not too sure.
Yes true that. This car is at a different dealership from my place. Since my cousin had picked up a Jetta there he has put me through to his SA. What's strange is that only after I rejected the vento has the SA changed his stance that a Polo Tsi might be available. So waiting for him to send me photos and the VIN no, so that I can go to inspect the car. That explains why I'm not able to fully get the details for the car and its features. Post visiting the car will shed more light on it. Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:46   #3758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil
I'd say 1 Lakh is a pretty good discount on a GT TSI - never heard of such numbers for this variant.
I was offered a Jan manufactured car of the version without the rain sensing wipers etc for a discount of 25,000. This was the best offer in Mumbai, as i had negotiated with 4 dealers.

I ended up buying the latest one which obviously had no discounts, but i managed to get them to match the insurance deal i got from policybazaar and also mudflaps, mats and car cover for free, so that was a saving of about 27,000 in all

Any amount of discount on a car thats 6 months old and not yet sold doesnt seem worth it, as it seems fishy that the car hasnt been sold for so long
Old 5th March 2016, 09:13   #3759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post

Any amount of discount on a car thats 6 months old and not yet sold doesnt seem worth it, as it seems fishy that the car hasnt been sold for so long
Hi. Just inspected the vehicle and took a test drive. The GT is july manufactured and as told by the SA, the owner opted for the newer one and hence this got held back. Also the term discount looks true only when you compare it to price of the new model and not only cash discount. So taking previous invoice value with 25000 cash discount, free bumper to bumper insurance, and extended warranty as part of deal looks like a discount. What im still thinking is post March 31 there might be a chance for increase in price on the new GT due to budget.

My mind says: Go on "its checked all the boxes you were looking for".
My heart says:

Sometimes when you go searching for such deals its almost never there. Its more of a case of need based than want based. Booked it.
commander is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 10:46   #3760

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
I was offered a Jan manufactured car of the version without the rain sensing wipers etc for a discount of 25,000. This was the best offer in Mumbai, as i had negotiated with 4 dealers.
Wow, you got a pretty great deal. For me, I was able to get a discount of 5k and free floor mats and mud-flaps. This was the last Jan-16 manufactured GT available in Bangalore and the price difference with the new facelift version meant the difference in being able to afford it or not. Also, I was able to get in the Grey color that I wanted. So I took up the deal and now am a proud owner of pre-facelift Jan'16 Grey GT.

Quote:
Hi. Just inspected the vehicle and took a test drive. The GT is july manufactured

Sometimes when you go searching for such deals its almost never there. Its more of a case of need based than want based. Booked it.
I would say you made the right choice, you were able to get a deal that might have been almost impossible to get. Dont overthink your decision and enjoy the new ride. Wishing you many happy miles ahead.
pdeshp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 11:01   #3761
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi. Just inspected the vehicle and took a test drive. The GT is july manufactured and as told by the SA, the owner opted for the newer one and hence this got held back.
My mind says: Go on "its checked all the boxes you were looking for".
My heart says:

Thats quite a decision commander. Couple of things that worry me on this.
  • You went for the 2016 GT, SA pointed first to a 2015 Vento and when you said no, then pointed you to this 2015 GT. Why did he not tell you about this 2015 GT earlier?
  • This is an 8-9 month old car. That is really old in my opinion. Basically pre-pre facelift. Is the discount worth it?

Having said that, you are the person on the ground and the best judge of the situation. So if you are going ahead- Congratultions and wish you all the best.

You may have seen this, but if not- Please go through this thread in detail and carry out all checks mentioned.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ring-date.html
Old 5th March 2016, 11:56   #3762
BHPian

Quote:
So taking previous invoice value with 25000 cash discount, free bumper to bumper insurance, and extended warranty as part of deal looks like a discount.
Insurance will be 20K. Extended warranty is abt 12K.
I will haggle for a 1L discount atleast. Else walk out of the deal. Actually, I won't even consider this for anything less than 2L.

What you are getting is a max of 45 K.
For a 9 month old car which is 2 iterations old, it just doesn't cut it for me.
I say, bite the bullet, spend more and get the latest model. I don't want you to feel 'what if' after a few months of buying an old car.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 18:01   #3763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Insurance will be 20K. Extended warranty is abt 12K.
I will haggle for a 1L discount atleast. Else walk out of the deal. Actually, I won't even consider this for anything less than 2L.

Taking the GT Tsi into consideration that is too much of a ask. If I was offered 2L then maybe I'll suspect something As said my cousin got about two lakhs off on his jetta by picking up a 2014 model in 2015. From a value point its not much of a deal but serves my purpose. So far not a GT fan, but maybe later I might fall for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Thats quite a decision commander. Couple of things that worry me on this.
[list][*]You went for the 2016 GT, SA pointed first to a 2015 Vento and when you said no, then pointed you to this 2015 GT. Why did he not tell you about this 2015 GT earlier?

Having said that, you are the person on the ground and the best judge of the situation. So if you are going ahead- Congratultions and wish you all the best.
Yes. Imagine a Vento 2015 Tsi for the price of GT Tsi. I have visited two showrooms and they have 2 2014 Vento Tsi and 1 2015 Vento Tsi. At first, I thought this was a better deal but after taking suggestions and checking requirements dropped it. So from a sellers point, the SA might have thought that was a more lucrative deal or maybe its harder to get rid of a Vento Tsi than a GT Tsi.

Why am I here? For months I have thinking and telling my better half that I have finalised on my next car and bugging her about buying this or that etc. Currently I drive the all new fiesta which has done about 130000kms and still makes me wonder why do I need another car. My new office is about 80 odd kms to and fro every day. Its about 25kms on the highway and 15 in rural/state highway sometimes with driver sometimes alone. After a year now, I think it is a good time to pick another car as the Fiesta is constantly on the run.

FORD ENDEAVOUR: At present there is no other car that I would rather own. ,its just too early days for me.

My requirements: Automatic, budget around 10lakhs (lesser the better), safe, a long term point A to point B car and maybe something thats seated high. Cars considered..,

Ecosport: Having only owned Ford cars, this was on top of my list. Costs about 12.30 for the AT version which i could have digested, rejected only due to FE. Ideally if it werent AT, then the diesel Ecosport would have been it.

Swift dzire AMT: This had every going for it. Resale, diesel economy, within budget, service costs, can run forever. Safety wise i thought otherwise.

Baleno delta 1.2: Almost booked this. Space,price, looks, Maruti, ideal point A to point B. Not so good CVT, not sure about its safety rating. Dont know why its not this.

Honda BR V: My family wanted a seven seater. Im thinking higher costs, neither here nor there.

Corolla Altis Used: Was searching for the new facelift version for a few months but guess they are yet to be put in the market.

Polo: Not much of a looker, claustrophobic rear seats, dont find the dashboard premium, somehow didnt get it. Then i read that Polo is one of the safest hatchbacks, bhpians gee tee tsi travelogue vouches for it FE and almost every review about this car speaks about the 1.2+ DSG combo and mostly future mod potential. I thought why not.

Have never driven one before so had quick comparison between two gts. Felt satisfied especially how effortless it was(maybe my mind was checking on other things to look for) and am not gaga over it. (Will update after I pick it next week).

I can now sneak in a AC and lazy boy for my home theatre room and not feel guilty about it.

Rajeevraj thank you very much.

Regards
Barani
Old 8th March 2016, 19:06   #3764
Distinguished - BHPian

My Dec 2014 GT TSI has clocked about 8000 kms till now. Completed first service in Jan 2015 at VW Bangalore Motors Rajajinagar after 1 year 1 month of purchase. Had no issues to report and the service experience was quite good. No unnecessary products or services were pushed for and cost came to about 8.5K.

The car mostly sees city usage and very rarely does highway trips. I have only done one trip to Shimoga, one trip to Belgaum and one trip to Coimbatore recently. I have now got used to the D3/ D2 jerks and stopped getting bothered by it . Luckily the jerks are now not accompanied by metallic clanks that used to happen around the 3K mark.

The engine and DSG combo is a real gem at this price point. For the past 4 tank fills I have been using Speed 97 and what a difference it makes to the engine!! In fact the entire trip to Coimbatore was done on Speed 97. A 1.2 never felt so good. It felt like driving a proper 1.8L sporty engine! I was lucky to get Speed 97 in Cbe as well. Speed 97 easily adds about 15 hp to the pulling power. The way the car pulls away from the rest of the traffic is just unbelievable. I almost had as much fun as I did in my Laura TSI. Only thing that spoils the fun are the brakes. If you try shedding speed quickly there's enormous amount of brake fade and the car feels like it has no brakes

The Apollo Alnacs have totally surprised me. One can easily be fooled into thinking that they are riding on premium Michelins!! The suspension and steering feedback is not that bad at all. Handling is very precise and you can point and shoot the car wherever you want and it hangs on gamely and at speed the car is rock steady. Its actually the brakes that slow you down as they never inspire any confidence that they can stop the car in time. In my mind I have a huge debate going on whether to go for the Bilstein B6 and a remap. These upgrades will make the car quicker and I am worried about that. Instead of all these cosmetic upgrades that VW keep coming up with, how I wish they give the Polo GT a proper all disc setup.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 8th March 2016 at 19:07.
Santoshbhat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 19:50   #3765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I have now got used to the D3/ D2 jerks and stopped getting bothered by it . Luckily the jerks are now not accompanied by metallic clanks that used to happen around the 3K mark.
I was recently contacted by the sales rep at VW Palace Cross to check if I wanted to drop my car off for a SW upgrade that may fix the jerk issue. I told them it didn't bother me much and hence I'd prefer doing it when I drop her off for the 6 month free inspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
The Apollo Alnacs have totally surprised me. One can easily be fooled into thinking that they are riding on premium Michelins!!
I agree. Before taking delivery of the car I had lined up an upgrade to Michelins since they were said to be better and mainly because I wanted to increase ground clearance since I thought the front bumper would touch my basement floor while taking her in/out. But luckily it didn't and I dropped the idea of the upgrade and now I am not regretting that decision - the stock Alnacs are doing the job very well for my kind of driving.
sanspatil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks