Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 18:48   #3811
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
I think the DSG oil change is specified only for the DQ250, or the 6 speed wet clutch DSG boxes. The oil used in the replacement is indeed a synthetic one too.

For the DQ200, or the 7 speed dry clutch DSG boxes, I dont think VW/Skoda has specified an oil change interval. Could someone else confirm?

-Avinash
ATF replacement was 60k for synthetic, we're using mineral now, get it at 20-30k, whatever suits you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
I own a 5 months old (5000 km) GT TSI. On 2 instances so far I have noticed that the P to R gear engage is particularly stiff. It happens only on the first time after I start the engine & shift gears and after that it is the usual butter smooth. The stiffness is pretty apparent and the gear also makes a clunk noise for P->R shift.

The 2 instances when I noticed this was the day when I drove the car for long distances - Mumbai to Mahabs and Mumbai to Aurangabad. On highway I never used R, but upon reaching hotel once I parked and then again started the car, I noticed this stiffness. This stiffness lasted for that particular day and then next day onwards it was back to normal. I have never faced this in the usual city commute (daily running is less than 25 kms). I am doing a Goa trip in mid-April and would be able to check if it happens again.

I suspect this has something to do with (over)heating in the gearbox. Has anyone noticed anything similar?
Nope. It is most likely your fault of putting park without using the handbrake. This way you're putting full stress to hold the car weight on the Parking pin.

Eg. In a manual car, try this.
Park the car on incline. Keep it in first gear. now switch it off, when you try to move gear without clutch, it won't budge.

Now do the same, but engage handbrake then release clutch and turn off car, now you'll be able to change gear to lets say neutral with ease because stress is on handbrake and not gear.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 19:07   #3812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
ATF replacement was 60k for synthetic, we're using mineral now, get it at 20-30k, whatever suits you.

I am talking specifically about the 7 speed DSG box doing duty in GT TSI, Vento TSI/TDI, Octavia/Superb TSIs etc. I haven't come across information or recommendation that prescribes a oil change interval for these dry clutch DSG boxes, atleast in the Skoda channels. I would thus imagine it to be a 'sealed for life' case like that of manual transmissions in similar cars. They may or may not mineral oils inside, but a drain/replacement interval is not specified as I understand. Please provide information if it is specified otherwise. More of what suits the car or recommendation than what suits me

However a 4 year / 60000km interval has been specified for the 6-speed wet clutch DSG boxes, this is different. The box does duties in the diesel variants of Jetta/Laura/Octavia/Superb and Superb 3.6 petrol. The oil used in them for replacement are still synthetic (SAE 75W), as supplied through VAG channels.

-Avinash
Old 7th April 2016, 19:20   #3813
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
I am talking specifically about the 7 speed DSG box doing duty in GT TSI, Vento TSI/TDI, Octavia/Superb TSIs etc. I haven't come across information or recommendation that prescribes a oil change interval for these dry clutch DSG boxes, atleast in the Skoda channels. I would thus imagine it to be a 'sealed for life' case like that of manual transmissions in similar cars. They may or may not mineral oils inside, but a drain/replacement interval is not specified as I understand. Please provide information if it is specified otherwise. More of what suits the car or recommendation than what suits me

However a 4 year / 60000km interval has been specified for the 6-speed wet clutch DSG boxes, this is different. The box does duties in the diesel variants of Jetta/Laura/Octavia/Superb and Superb 3.6 petrol. The oil used in them for replacement are still synthetic (SAE 75W), as supplied through VAG channels.

-Avinash
uksaint got it done at20k kms from vw itself. Upto you to follow it. I'll be getting it changed at 20k as well. it is mineral oil for us.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 19:35   #3814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post

So I went ahead and booked GT TSI with VW Palace Cross. The car was in stock so it was just a matter of me selling my old car for down payment and getting the loan approved for the balance amount.

I could go on and on. It’s just a lovely car.
Congrats anshumandun on your latest acquisition and welcome to the GT club.

I can completely understand that funny and tingling feeling of getting your hands on your new car once you have made up your mind for the purchase. During my GT purchase, I was looking for an oil burner and I would have lost a lot more by letting go of the 1.6 TDI engine for a soon to be updated 1.5 TDI.

In your case however, these changes/updates will only be cosmetic and you can get a lot more of these as after market.

Polo GT is a special hatch and enjoy your ownership. All due respect to Toyota cars but coming from a Liva, you will really understand what premium features, design, build quality and feel Polo gives.

Quote:

Anyone knows where to get such plates in Bangalore?
I never wanted to drill holes into the car for number plate and neither did I really want the screws to stick out. So I went to 'Konark' near Jayadeva flyover, who sourced these silver colour plates and I fixed them using the 3M stickers.

It has been nearly 2years and 30k kms of rain, wind, dust, sun and heat,..the plates are all fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20151206_102402.jpg  

Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 17:05   #3815
BHPian

On my GT TSi, the blower speed keeps changing it self even when its not on the auto mode. Has this been happening with every one else and is there a way to stop this from happening? Also when the car is in motion I cannot fold back the side mirrors in case I just want to. Has anyone else noticed that?
Old 14th April 2016, 00:51   #3816
BHPian

DQ200 / 7 speed DSG Oil Change interval

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
uksaint got it done at20k kms from vw itself. Upto you to follow it. I'll be getting it changed at 20k as well. it is mineral oil for us.
I discussed regarding the DSG oil change with VW tech support. They confirmed that there is no oil change interval recommended for DQ200 / 7-speed DSGs. Owing to the use of dry clutches (unlike the wet clutch DQ250), the oil is sealed for life similar to MTs and would require replacement only for faults or if the box is opened, thus effectively not required at short intervals as a part of preventive maintenance. This applies to Vento TSI/TDI DSG, Rapid TDI DSG, Polo GT TSI, Superb/Laura/Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG.

I am not sure why the other user had to get it replaced at 20k kms. I would be happier with the ASC not fiddling with the box unnecessarily.

-Avinash
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 10:51   #3817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
On my GT TSi, the blower speed keeps changing it self even when its not on the auto mode. Has this been happening with every one else and is there a way to stop this from happening? Also when the car is in motion I cannot fold back the side mirrors in case I just want to. Has anyone else noticed that?
Yes, I too observed the change in blower speed though the fan speed indicator remains unchanged. This happens typically at the start of the drive i.e. for the first 5-10 minutes. Post that it settles on the blower speed as set by the driver.

I have been able to fold the mirrors when I am driving. Its a must have feature for the traffic I face in Gurgaon. Hope this helps.
Old 14th April 2016, 12:58   #3818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan85 View Post

I have been able to fold the mirrors when I am driving. Its a must have feature for the traffic I face in Gurgaon. Hope this helps.
Slightly OT but why would you fold the ORVMs while driving? Defeats the purpose of having ORVMs. If you site crowded roads as the reason, won't they help in passing through narrow gaps without scratches on the body?
If the unfolded ORVMs can pass , the rest of the car can sneak through and you can see the gaps on each side and turn accordingly.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 13:44   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Slightly OT but why would you fold the ORVMs while driving? Defeats the purpose of having ORVMs. If you site crowded roads as the reason, won't they help in passing through narrow gaps without scratches on the body?
If the unfolded ORVMs can pass , the rest of the car can sneak through and you can see the gaps on each side and turn accordingly.
Well, I don't fold them throughout my drive, just when I know a driver/rickshaw in the next lane is very close to me and might drive off hitting either of the OVRMs. Generally it is another car's OVRM hitting mine in slow traffic and I already had a broken one on my i20 thanks to such an incident. I close it for a few seconds and open them again. Frankly I cant drive with OVRMs closed for more than a few seconds, I am too dependent on them.
karan85 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 10:46   #3820
BHPian

Hi folks
Experiencing the infamous dashboard rattle on uneven roads. Did anyone face same problem and any clue how to get rid of it, as it's unnerving.
Thanks.
Old 27th April 2016, 15:43   #3821
BHPian

MotorOctane says that VW is considering a 1.0 TSI for the Polo and dumping the 1.2 NA petrol.
Quote:
The German automaker is looking at introducing the 1.0-litre TSI on the Polo replacing the currently sold 1.2-litre naturally aspirated engine.
The sales of the Polo 1.2 has very low, pre-dominantly because of the petrol engine’s performance and even the fuel-efficiency.
With the much high sales of the 1.2 GT TSI, Volkswagen is looking at reviving its petrol engine with a 1.0-litre TSI engine.
RJ411 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 20:53   #3822
BHPian

Couple of months back, I had bought LED parking lamps from AliExpress(LED T10 194 W5W Canbus 8 smd 5630) for around $3.5 for a pair. Just got them fitted yesterday. They are much brighter than OEM parking lamps, and now I use them like DRLs
Very happy with this.

I guess Aliexpress has reduced the price by half, and better ones are available for $1.72 for a pair(http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-A...b-645d598e5b27)
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 19:31   #3823
Distinguished - BHPian

I am wondering why VW has not been importing 1.2 TSI engines for the last 2.5 months. Prior to this they have been consistently importing 300-500 engines per month. Have not seen any news or indications of the TSI sales going down.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-tsiengine.jpg

General Import trend in previous months.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-tsiengine2.jpg
Old 29th April 2016, 19:57   #3824
BHPian

Hi, Is anyone using infant car seat in their Polo's. Is there ISOFIX option in Polo? Also does our seat belt has enough length to place the seat in rear facing position?

Is there any similar product in a cost economical sense available. Chicco seats have some good review.
http://www.firstcry.com/Chicco/Chicc...o%20car%20seat
Old 30th April 2016, 06:58   #3825
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi, Is anyone using infant car seat in their Polo's. Is there ISOFIX option in Polo? Also does our seat belt has enough length to place the seat in rear facing position?

Is there any similar product in a cost economical sense available. Chicco seats have some good review.
http://www.firstcry.com/Chicco/Chicc...o%20car%20seat
I have this one http://www.firstcry.com/luv-lap/luv-...product-detail (or something similar).

In polo with this seat and my driving position, my 1.5yr son doesn't have enough leg room , so i get a lot of kicks to my seat back.

I've not tried to set the seat up facing backwards, somehow I never liked that idea, so i didn't use it till he was old enough to sit up on his own.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks