Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 10:55   #3886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

So the ownership didn't go off smoothly - had some weird noise coming from the rear brakes on hard braking.

Gave it in for service to get it fixed. Hopefully things will get sorted out. Issue didn't exist on the first day.
Old 13th June 2016, 15:56   #3887
BHPian

Guys, I am looking for some clarification w.r.t new car warranty.

When I went to TD the GT TSI here in Pune, the sales guy told me that if you change anything in the car, be it light bulbs, speakers, head unit etc, it would void the car's warranty. And that also includes warranty for the gearbox. So basically, if you have opted for 2+2 years warranty, you can't change any of these things from outside if you want the warranty to remain intact.

So is this really how it works?
Old 13th June 2016, 16:14   #3888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Guys, I am looking for some clarification w.r.t new car warranty.

When I went to TD the GT TSI here in Pune, the sales guy told me that if you change anything in the car, be it light bulbs, speakers, head unit etc, it would void the car's warranty. And that also includes warranty for the gearbox. So basically, if you have opted for 2+2 years warranty, you can't change any of these things from outside if you want the warranty to remain intact.

So is this really how it works?
This is again an over exaggerated fact from the dealers, to make sure any upgrades you do are done via the dealership to rake in more moola from the customers.
Warranty would be void In some cases where someone fiddles around with electronics, wire cuts, rewiring or in case of engine, from using non recommended engine oil to a total re map of the car from stock. Any minor cosmetic changes such as wheel change tire change, updating ICE without any rewire or cuts does not impact the warranty. Its a matter of how aware you are of the conditions written below the dotted lines in the manuals and warranty papers. Within those limitations any upgrade of done properly by an experienced person or from authorized workshops should not impact the warranty.
Go for OEM upgrades if you want to avoid all the hassle
nitinrawatdun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 16:26   #3889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Give it some time and it will 'learn' your driving style and adapt to it. I've observed that whenever you reset the DSG, it upshifts very early. After a while it starts to hold gears much longer.
Quite true. I figured it also has a lot to do with the load on the vehicle and the torque required. I am mostly the only passenger in the car, and the car goes about its lightning quick shifts and I find myself in D6/D7 in no time (the road to my office is generally free), at a lazy 60-65 KMPH.

Recently, I travelled with 5 people for the first time, and the DSG held on to lower gears, revving on till 2.5k RPM before shifting. I checked twice if Sports Mode was on :P.

On the whole, the car is a hoot to drive!
Old 18th June 2016, 23:59   #3890
BHPian

Guys!I have a peculiar issue with my vento tsi. Till the first service i was getting excellent fuel efficiency as it showed up real time all the way to 17-18 kmpl on some stretches. However after the first service something seems to be wrong. The real time fuel efficiency gradually rises unlike earlier and kind of stays at 12.5 kmpl for a long time. I was surprised that even on the mumbai pune expressway it did not go beyond 14 kmpl post servicing while it used to do 16-17 within mumbai highways. Also the engine note seems more audible than before.not sure whats wrong. Anybody out there who has experienced something similar.
Detroit-Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 00:01   #3891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit-Dude View Post
Guys!I have a peculiar issue with my vento tsi. Till the first service i was getting excellent fuel efficiency as it showed up real time all the way to 17-18 kmpl on some stretches. However after the first service something seems to be wrong. The real time fuel efficiency gradually rises unlike earlier and kind of stays at 12.5 kmpl for a long time. I was surprised that even on the mumbai pune expressway it did not go beyond 14 kmpl post servicing while it used to do 16-17 within mumbai highways. Also the engine note seems more audible than before.not sure whats wrong. Anybody out there who has experienced something similar.
Maybe they upgraded your dsg software? Mine did the same thing. But the results weren't as drastic as you said.
Old 20th June 2016, 01:36   #3892
Senior - BHPian

Are there any recently reported or known/unsolved issues with the 7 speed DSG box that the Polo GT TSi is equipped with.

Am toying with the idea of buying one but am being asked to stay away by well-wishers. So, wanted to know from the owners of this model here on the forum the current & factually correct scenario.
Old 20th June 2016, 06:55   #3893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Are there any recently reported or known/unsolved issues with the 7 speed DSG box that the Polo GT TSi is equipped with.

I don't know of any issues with 7 speed DSG on polo/vento. The torque figures of 1.2 TSI are well below the torque rating of the DSG gearbox. So it's a pretty reliable combination.
My GT is 8 months and 11K km old and I have not had any issues with DSG.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 09:47   #3894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Am toying with the idea of buying one but am being asked to stay away by well-wishers. So, wanted to know from the owners of this model here on the forum the current & factually correct scenario.
This thread kind of summarizes the different kinds of issues some owners have faced.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-resolved.html

There has been no big and consistent issues reported. I don't think we can say all kinds of issues have been taken care off and the dsg is now 100% reliable. At the same time if you like the car and it fits requirements, no real reason to not buy it.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 15:54   #3895
BHPian

Dear Members,

I am considering the POLO GT TSI DSG in Chennai. I did the TD and was very impressed with the overall package the car had to offer. Currently at 10.67 L On road Chennai inclusive of 3rd and 4th year warranty.

Just curious to know if there are any offers on the POLO GT TSI.
Old 21st June 2016, 16:01   #3896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover2000 View Post
Dear Members,

I am considering the POLO GT TSI DSG in Chennai. I did the TD and was very impressed with the overall package the car had to offer. Currently at 10.67 L On road Chennai inclusive of 3rd and 4th year warranty.

A couple of dealers here in Bangalore mentioned no discounts on the Polo GT, and Rs. 40000 discount on the normal Polos.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 16:19   #3897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Members,

All I got was 3500 corporate discount, free mudflaps/floor mats and I got 0 dep insurance done outside which saved me around 9k from the quote that the VW dealer gave me.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 13:19   #3898
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Members,

Don't think so, we got ours from Kun VW, and it was for 10L + 50K for the BP ICE. That was 8 months ago, no significant discounts offered!
FanaticOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 13:50   #3899
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
I don't know of any issues with 7 speed DSG on polo/vento. The torque figures of 1.2 TSI are well below the torque rating of the DSG gearbox. So it's a pretty reliable combination.
My GT is 8 months and 11K km old and I have not had any issues with DSG.
I haven't had the time to update my Ownership Log, but I can confirm that the initial issues I'd experienced with the gearbox have been ironed out.

From time to time, it would jerk between 3rd and 2nd, especially when I brake just when it's about to shift to 3rd from 2nd. The jerks would vary from mild to violent. I could also feel vibrations whilst decelerating after hard acceleration. It used to happen often and was a daily occurrence after about 8 months with the car.

I'd got it serviced in April and post software-update, I haven't experienced these issues since, even though I've deliberately forced the car into situations to induce a jerk, i.e. braking just when it's about to shift into 3rd.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th June 2016 at 13:52.
suhaas307 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 15:41   #3900
BHPian

I bought my car in March 2016 and though I enjoy the drive on the open roads, the jerks really bother me. I stay and work in Gurgaon and my drive to and from the office is 10 kms of bad traffic .The car is either in 2nd gear trying to move to 3rd or shifting from 3rd to 2nd so I end up feeling those jerks for around 70% of the drive. Strangely enough I feel my car did not come with the updated software. I am not able to decide whether to go and ask them to check for an update or wait for my 7500 km check .
karan85 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks