Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2016, 17:32   #3901
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

My Dec 2014 build GT TSI ( 10,000 kms done) jerks while shifting down after braking. Mostly its the D3 to D2 jerk that is most prominent. Sometimes the jerks are also accompanied by metallic 'clanks' that are audible when windows are down. With windows up I don't hear anything. I found it annoying initially , but stopped bothering after a while. THis is a known nature of the dry clutch DQ200. Mind you, it does not jerk always. Then again maybe it does, I've just stopped noticing.

My car has been through one service and I don't think any DSG software update was done. On upshifts the box is faultless and is very good in swapping cogs super fast. On slow take offs you feel the box struggling to deliver torque effortlessly and I almost drive it like a manual i.e. very gradual feeding of the throttle or wide throttle to get over obstacles quickly. I sometimes drive an i10 AT (4 Spd TC) and the difference is massive when it comes to take off from standstill. The i10 just leaps forward instantaneously whereas the DSG in the GT takes a while to get going. Once you are on the move of course there is no comparison.

The only real problem I am facing offlate is some sound from the suspension. I am getting some kind of a deep 'tak tak' from the front suspension whenever I go over a speed breaker or road undulation. It was sporadic before but its becoming more and more frequent. I was avoiding going to the service centre for this until now, but I guess I can't postpone anymore.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 24th June 2016 at 17:33.
Santoshbhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 18:49   #3902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
My Dec 2014 build GT TSI ( 10,000 kms done) jerks while shifting down after braking. Mostly its the D3 to D2 jerk that is most prominent. Sometimes the jerks are also accompanied by metallic 'clanks' that are audible when windows are down. With windows up I don't hear anything. I found it annoying initially , but stopped bothering after a while. THis is a known nature of the dry clutch DQ200. Mind you, it does not jerk always. Then again maybe it does, I've just stopped noticing.

My car has been through one service and I don't think any DSG software update was done. On upshifts the box is faultless and is very good in swapping cogs super fast. On slow take offs you feel the box struggling to deliver torque effortlessly and I almost drive it like a manual i.e. very gradual feeding of the throttle or wide throttle to get over obstacles quickly. I sometimes drive an i10 AT (4 Spd TC) and the difference is massive when it comes to take off from standstill. The i10 just leaps forward instantaneously whereas the DSG in the GT takes a while to get going. Once you are on the move of course there is no comparison.

The only real problem I am facing offlate is some sound from the suspension. I am getting some kind of a deep 'tak tak' from the front suspension whenever I go over a speed breaker or road undulation. It was sporadic before but its becoming more and more frequent. I was avoiding going to the service centre for this until now, but I guess I can't postpone anymore.
Yep, the down shifts from D3 to D2 can be felt while driving: It gets annoying when I have to drive through multiple speed breakers.

The minor lag you're talking about must be the hill hold feature kicking in, if you just hold on to the brakes while in Drive. It holds the car's position for 2 seconds with the same braking force you used on the brake pedal, once you release the brake pedal.

I was getting a "phuss phuss" noise from the suspension (which was prominent when I turned off the music system once). BU Bhandari Pune SA took a test drive with me and told me it is very normal, and it is the shockers in action - showed me the sounds coming from other Ventos nearby.
Old 30th June 2016, 09:32   #3903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post

I have been facing the same issue in my GT TSI as well. did visit the service centre once and unfortunately couldnt replicate it with the service personnel. Will try next time as it is more frequent now. Do let me know if u r able to find the issue . I will update as well.

Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 17:53   #3904
BHPian

Help!! I lost my TSI's car key today
Called up my SA, he's yet to return my call. Made a call to VW customer service and got to know that they can only provide manual key not the flip/remote key! I just couldn't believe that. Is it true? Has anyone been in this unfortunate situation?
Old 1st July 2016, 18:06   #3905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Called up my SA, he's yet to return my call. Made a call to VW customer service and got to know that they can only provide manual key not the flip/remote key! I just couldn't believe that. Is it true? Has anyone been in this unfortunate situation?
Provide a manual key temporarily? A new key would cost you 10-15k, But if insurance covers the "key add on" you might just be saved.
Old 1st July 2016, 18:29   #3906
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Help!! I lost my TSI's car key today.Has anyone been in this unfortunate situation?
What about the 2nd key? You should have got 2 keys with the car.
Old 1st July 2016, 20:03   #3907
BHPian

Quote:
Check out these guys, they make a duplicate complete with key programming for the remote for about 1500 bucks

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ri-mumbai.html
nova9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 20:21   #3908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Check out these guys, they make a duplicate complete with key programming for the remote for about 1500 bucks

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ri-mumbai.html
Have they done it for a german? My spare key of Jetta isn't working too, A new one quoted by the service centre would be for 15k atleast.
Old 1st July 2016, 20:47   #3909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Have they done it for a german? My spare key of Jetta isn't working too, A new one quoted by the service centre would be for 15k atleast.
Call them and ask: 9821980507. Not sure but i assume since they use the OBD interface to do the programming it should be pretty similar whether its a Jap or a German car

Last edited by nova9 : 1st July 2016 at 21:09. Reason: typo
Old 1st July 2016, 21:01   #3910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Call them and ask: 9821980507. Not sure but i assume since they use the OBD interface to do the programming it should be pretty similar whether its a Jap or a Greman car
I will call them tomorrow, If they do, I will indeed get a new key made, Will post the details in the relevant thread soon.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 08:28   #3911
BHPian

Thanks for quick responses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
What about the 2nd key? You should have got 2 keys with the car.
Yes, there is a spare key off course and that's what I am using for now. But it's not with remote buttons, its manual one where in I have to manually unlock the car door. Don't think Polos/GTs ever came with spare remote key.

Quote:
Provide a manual key temporarily?
Not temporarily, my concern is duplicate key wouldn't be a smart key. Atleast that's what I was told by VW customer care.

Quote:
A new key would cost you 10-15k, But if insurance covers the "key add on" you might just be saved.
15K I doubt I have that add on in my car insurance, need to double check though. For that price I would expect new set of keys with new code and a remote key, will find that out today.

Last edited by BlueEyes : 2nd July 2016 at 08:30.
BlueEyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 12:04   #3912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not temporarily, my concern is duplicate key wouldn't be a smart key. Atleast that's what I was told by VW customer care.
It will be a smart key, It will be coded to the car, You'll have to drop your car to the service centre, They will take the scan of the car ask them to return the car after they have taken a scan you by the time the key comes you can use the car, You'll have to again leave the car for a day when the key comes.

Quote:
15K I doubt I have that add on in my car insurance, need to double check though. For that price I would expect new set of keys with new code and a remote key, will find that out today.
I was quoted 15k for a new key for the jetta thats the smart key with coding and everything, Check if your insurance covers lost key's, Some of them do by default.
Old 2nd July 2016, 13:03   #3913
BHPian

Guys, got my GT back after an year (Was with my parents).

Thinking of going for Paddle shifters since DSG jerks and shudders in D2/D3 are driving me crazy and paddle shifters will add to the excitement. Little concerned about the fact that Airbag module/connections will have to be touched.

Any recommended professionals in Bangalore and the approx cost ?
Old 2nd July 2016, 19:35   #3914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Guys, got my GT back after an year (Was with my parents).

Thinking of going for Paddle shifters since DSG jerks and shudders in D2/D3 are driving me crazy and paddle shifters will add to the excitement. Little concerned about the fact that Airbag module/connections will have to be touched.

Any recommended professionals in Bangalore and the approx cost ?
Its a plug and play thing, So don't worry, Will cost you upwards of 50k easily depending on where do you intend to get it from.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:21   #3915
BHPian

Quote:
Its a plug and play thing, So don't worry, Will cost you upwards of 50k easily depending on where do you intend to get it from.

Hi Tanveer,

Can you please suggest where exactly to buy the most genuine OEM steering with paddles as I am very keen on that?

Thanks a lot.
Cheers.

Last edited by pc1686 : 2nd July 2016 at 23:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks