Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2016, 11:06   #4066
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Hello Guys,

Have a 2016 Polo GT TSi which was unused for a little over a month since i was outstation. Now the car refuses to start. Got the car visually inspected by a friendly neighborhood mechanic who traced it immediately to a drained battery.

Now i called the VW Road Side Assistance guys who will be here anytime today to jump start the vehicle. The query i had in mind is, will jump starting and subsequently running the car for a good 20-25kms be enough to get the lost juice and gravity back into the battery? Or would a physical uninstall and charging process at a battery shop be a better bet?

Kindly advise.

Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 11:33   #4067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Hello Guys,
Now i called the VW Road Side Assistance guys who will be here anytime today to jump start the vehicle. The query i had in mind is, will jump starting and subsequently running the car for a good 20-25kms be enough to get the lost juice and gravity back into the battery? Or would a physical uninstall and charging process at a battery shop be a better bet?
Let the car run idle for about half an hour after the mechanic has jump started it. Unless the battery is old and weak, it will work fine. You do not have to approach a battery shop.

Lesson: always disconnect battery positive lead when leaving a car unused for long period of time.
Old 21st September 2016, 13:01   #4068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Have a 2016 Polo GT TSi which was unused for a little over a month since i was outstation. Now the car refuses to start. Got the car visually inspected by a friendly neighborhood mechanic who traced it immediately to a drained battery.
I suggest you let VW handle the entire matter since it could be a warranty matter with the battery or some other electrical drain occurring even while ignition is off.

1 month's garaging is simply too low for a full battery drain for a new car.

Have you done any electrical modifications or fitted any aftermarket accessories?
Old 21st September 2016, 16:45   #4069
BHPian

Hey guys,

I am taking the plunge and planning to buy a Polo GT TSi soon. I have a few mods already on my mind which I'd like to get done as soon as possible.

Some mods include a professional paint job. And for this paint job, I'd like to know the exact color code of the "Deep Black" color that is used on the OVRM and the spoiler. And if I do know the color code, how hard would it be to source this color to Bangalore ?

Any information on this would be super helpful.
Old 21st September 2016, 16:53   #4070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Hey guys,

I am taking the plunge and planning to buy a Polo GT TSi soon. I have a few mods already on my mind which I'd like to get done as soon as possible.

Some mods include a professional paint job. And for this paint job, I'd like to know the exact color code of the "Deep Black" color that is used on the OVRM and the spoiler. And if I do know the color code, how hard would it be to source this color to Bangalore ?

Any information on this would be super helpful.

Planning to get the roof painted to match the OVRM and spoiler?
Old 21st September 2016, 17:33   #4071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Planning to get the roof painted to match the OVRM and spoiler?
Roof and the chrome bits on the front-grille
Old 21st September 2016, 17:35   #4072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Roof and the chrome bits on the front-grille
Good idea! I plan to do the roof but won't do it right away. Maybe wait for a while and then take the plunge. Do share the details/costs and all for the roof. And once you are done with it, definitely post some photos.

I hope you plan to get the alloys painted as well. That'll definitely enhance the look further.
Old 21st September 2016, 17:37   #4073
BHPian

Quote:
Good idea! I plan to do the roof but won't do it right away. Maybe wait for a while and then take the plunge. Do share the details/costs and all for the roof. And once you are done with it, definitely post some photos.

I hope you plan to get the alloys painted as well. That'll definitely enhance the look further.
Will do. And yes, the alloys of course. That was the first mod planned actually. Will post pictures when it happens. Cheers !
shoaib3030 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 18:12   #4074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
I have a correction to make to my previous reply to this. When Fedex just asked me for some forms to be filled, I thought that there is no custom duty but when the package was delivered, I had to pay a duty of Rs 1093. There was a proper receipt of this. Custom duty was 600 change, 300 were warehouse charges for customs department and rest some miscellaneous charges.
Can you just confirm if it was Cogent collecting KYC documents and other related documents? Is it true that FedEx has hired a third party called Cogent to do all this documentation work to get products cleared through customs?

Did you scan and send your documents through email to them?
Old 21st September 2016, 22:06   #4075
BHPian

Quote:
Can you just confirm if it was Cogent collecting KYC documents and other related documents? Is it true that FedEx has hired a third party called Cogent to do all this documentation work to get products cleared through customs?

i recently order on aliexpress. Got calls from fedex office at bangalore airport. they asked me to fill kyc documeny scan it and send to an fedex email address and i got the parcel next day. pretty smooth process.
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:13   #4076
BHPian

Can you guys please let me know the best VW service center in Bangalore ? One of my friend's Polo GT TSi is due for the first check up.

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th September 2016, 09:04   #4077
BHPian

Quote:

I am not sure. I got call from Fedex and I scanned and emailed the documents to a Fedex email id. There was no mention of Cogent anywhere.
Old 26th September 2016, 09:10   #4078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
I am not sure. I got call from Fedex and I scanned and emailed the documents to a Fedex email id. There was no mention of Cogent anywhere.
Thanks for your response. I mailed them my documents on Wed evening but still FedEx tracking is showing that it's stuck in customs and waiting to verify/clear the required documents. I've contacted them multiple times since Thursday and all they say is that we are processing the documents and that it'll be done soon. Everyone else out here has had a smooth and speedy delivery experience but looks like FedEx is giving me a tough time. I will get in touch with the customer care again and ask them what's the hold up all about. But their responses are never reassuring. *Sigh*

I hope I receive the product soon. Wish me luck.

Last edited by Aston Singh : 26th September 2016 at 09:12.
Old 26th September 2016, 11:39   #4079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Can you guys please let me know the best VW service center in Bangalore ? One of my friend's Polo GT TSi is due for the first check up.

Thanks in advance.
VW Palace Cross service centre in Rajaji Nagar.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 13:28   #4080
BHPian

Had been to Mumbai (from Pune via the MPEW) a couple of days ago, and have some interesting observations to share regarding FE of the GT TSI (mine is a 2015 model without the 6 bells & whistles).

Left for Mumbai at 4 PM from Pune and hit the Expressway around 4.45 PM.

The destination was Kharghar at Navi Mumbai, and got an FE of 23.3 KMPL on the expressway (for 100 KM).

FE for the onward journey on the MPEW (Pune to Navi Mumbai)
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-thumb_img_3709_1024.jpg

Although the picture shows the instantaneous FE, the averaged FE (FE Meter 2) was equal to the instantaneous FE.

Fell in love with my car all over again. This machine is truly an example of brilliant engineering. It was rock solid on the expressway, it was pretty windy and there were no moments when it got unsettling, especially on the intermittent bumpy segments which are made of tar (and not concrete).

After having used the car for about a year and half, I have understood exactly what you need to do get good FE as well as make good time on the highway. The sweet spot for FE (as many have pointed out elsewhere on the forum) is at 80 KMPH in D7 @ 1600 RPM. Light accelerator inputs are a must, to just maintain the speed at 80. Had filled 32 PSI nitrogen about 4 hours before starting the trip. What also contributed to the excellent FE on this trip was the ambient temperature which was around 22 degrees, and the downhill sections on the leg from Pune to Mumbai which enable costing with light pedal inputs.

Not sure how the behaviour would be on the new TSIs with cruise control set at 80. It would be interesting to compare the results.

The road to Navi Mumbai after the expressway ends is littered with potholes which are so nasty and huge that they can annihilate all 4 alloys and tyres at once if one is unfortunate enough to go through them above 35-40 KPH. I drove very carefully through that section. The stock tyres and alloys performed admirably as I did manage to drive through a couple of nasty potholes at 60-70 KPH (despite being vigilant and careful) - with no visible damage. The FE for the entire trip to the destination at Kharghar for a distance of about 130 KM was 22.5 KMPL.

There was absolutely no fatigue whatsoever after the drive, although the lack of lower back support was always felt and I had to keep squiggling in my seat to keep my lower back pressed against the seat - especially over those bumpy sections where one's seating position changes involuntarily ever so slightly.

Looking back to when I decided to buy this car, the trip made me smile. When I parked the car in my residence after returning home, I couldn't help but feel sad when stepping out of the car. In a GT TSI, the journey is what one looks forward to more than the destination!

PS: the picture has been taken by the co-passenger (my better half) who was wearing the seat-belt at all times.

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 26th September 2016 at 13:39.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks