Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:00   #4141
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
I Just took delivery of my Polo GT TSI yesterday after waiting for more than 2 months post booking. The only issue i had was that the spare key i received was not remote .when i asked the executive he said for GT only one remote key will come. Is it true, because I remember seeing Fellow Bhpians here getting two remote keys for their GT.
Got my GT Tsi in Feb 2016, I only got one remote key
nova9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 21:52   #4142
BHPian

I don't buy this theory of one remote because normal polo's are getting two remote keys at the same time.This is in-spite of spending close to 3 lakhs additionally for the GT

Maybe they don't have enough profit for the GT
Just for the record ,you can order for a new spare remote key if you are ready to spend 8k.
lancer_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 02:13   #4143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post

Just for the record ,you can order for a new spare remote key if you are ready to spend 8k.
Dont waste your money. This guy makes a duplicate for less than half the price

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post4006398
nova9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 12:09   #4144
BHPian

Getting pleasantly surprised by GT TSI on FE front.

MID showed 22 kmpl on average from Pune downtown to Turbhe (did a tankful near my home). FE went for a toss by the time I reached home in Thane it was down to 20, still not bad.

On the way back to Pune, I used S mode on some steep sections and tight turns in Ghat section. It was FUN.

I did a steady 85-90 with cruise control on Expressway on both legs (except the Ghat).

I topped up the tank at the BP bunk after Talegaon Toll and it took in fuel of only 1000 !! Doing the Math, i got a FE of 19+ in-spite of revving up when needed.

My car does have a fresh dose of Engine Oil via the 1 yr service I did last week. But, I have been seeing 18+ on good highways pretty consistently even with an 15K old Engine oil

Last edited by freedom : 4th November 2016 at 12:11.
freedom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 12:17   #4145
BHPian

Complete agree with you. I do a lot of Pune Mumbai Pune runs, and the TSI gives me a minimum of 18 km/L. I set the cruise control to around 100 km/h on the expressway, with occasional bursts for overtaking manoeuvres, if required.

In the city, irrespective of how I drive, I manage to get a decent 12 km/L. More than happy with these figures, for this lil' rocket .
Old 4th November 2016, 12:20   #4146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
This is a well known problem with the unit - I have '13 TSI, off the first lot which arrived and there is an RCD 320 in it which experiences this problem. Several others have experienced it too. A workaround solution for this is to connect your phone before starting up the engine. It always works if you do that. Is your HU the RCD 320 too or the updated one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
I am having issues with Bluetooth connectivity on my new feb 2016 bought GT TSI.
My iPhone appears to be connected and even displays the song, but no sound. Calls however come through.
Complete reset/ reconnection of the device after turning off the ignition seems to help. But how often can I keep doing that?
Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions?
Thanks in advance.
Hi satyanu28,

If your system is a RCD 320, point out the issue to your SA. I had the same problem as aditya has mentioned above, but at my first service I told the SA, and he said he updated the firmware (not entirely clear though). Aftermath is, post service, my Bluetooth audio is working at first go every time. *touchwood*

If it doesn't get resolved, you can push for a replacement HU as well within warranty, provided you can reproduce the problem to VW's satisfaction.

Cheers,
Sid.
Old 4th November 2016, 21:24   #4147
BHPian

Hey guys!

This is my first post on Team-BHP. Stoked to be a part of the community!

I've read through dozens of pages of GT TSI content here, and while a lot of the discussion has been very helpful, I still have a couple of lingering questions that are holding me back from taking the plunge.

My main issue is this -
For the most part, I drive in Mumbai traffic, currently in a 2012 Ford Figo TDCi which is just like a mini go-kart with how responsive it is at low revs (and that BEAUTIFUL hydraulic steering). I'm planning to offload her to my wife now, and get myself a new turbocharged stratified muse.

I have a fairly aggressive driving style, which is to say that I don't let people bully me, and I exploit what gaps I can find that haven't been plugged by rickshaws and/or Ubers (all within the confines of the law, of course). These small things save me a LOT of time on my commute and I'd like to continue to drive in that manner. I have some doubts about how responsive the GT TSI is in traffic conditions. I've read a lot about lag at take off and cases where downshifts take close to a second after kickdown. Is this true? I did test drive the car, but 15 minutes was barely enough to tell how the car reacts on a consistent basis.

If I do buy the car, I plan to drive in tiptronic mode for the most part (maybe even invest in the GTI paddle-shift steering unit). Do the slow downshifts occur even in manual mode? Is it possible to see a gap in traffic, downshift, hit the throttle and get moving instantly? Or is there a delay there as well? Because that's a deal breaker for me.

I also read somewhere that parallel parking (particularly reversing uphill) is a bit tedious and jerky. Any truth in that?

Having read so much about how this engine and gearbox are a match made in heaven, I'm very tempted. But if it means my response times in traffic are bottlenecked by the transmission, I'll probably go with the GT TDI (despite the protests of my left knee). I hope it's still going to be manual because the rumour mill suggests the DSG +1.5L diesel combo from the Ameo is going to make its way to the GT TDI.

Sorry for the long post, but I felt I needed to be descriptive here. Any help would be appreciated muchly!
zebanaff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 15:32   #4148
BHPian

Off topic here...

3 years and 32k km later my babe has had her first hit

Damage summary:- LH mirror lens destroyed, as well as the body coloured plastic part.
The rest of the assembly- the electric motor and the base- are intact.

The genuine new assembly cost 4k bucks. Is there a way I can source only the plastic parts and get the job done?
Old 5th November 2016, 20:07   #4149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebanaff View Post

If I do buy the car, I plan to drive in tiptronic mode for the most part (maybe even invest in the GTI paddle-shift steering unit). Do the slow downshifts occur even in manual mode? Is it possible to see a gap in traffic, downshift, hit the throttle and get moving instantly? Or is there a delay there as well? Because that's a deal breaker for me.

I also read somewhere that parallel parking (particularly reversing uphill) is a bit tedious and jerky. Any truth in that?
With 50k kms and 3 years on my GT, i can safely say you will definitely be handicapped while starting from a standstill and quick overtake maneuvers in D mode. But its not the end of the road. For people like you (and me of course), there's the GTI wheel with paddles. I have been driving with the paddles for last 20k kms, and can assure you 99% of drivers on road with manual can never match the lightning shifts of the DSG with paddles. So, if that's your only concern, close your eyes and book the GT TSI along with ordering the GTI wheel. Hope it helps. Drive safe.
drpudhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 20:22   #4150
BHPian

Hi guys,

Took delivery of my Flash Red GT TSI on November 2nd 2016.

Bought this car without taking a test drive. Only research I did was reading through this thread and opinions from friends who own a GT TSI.

And I must say never has a car impressed me this much. Loving every moment of driving her.

Booking and delivery was a standard affair. Got delivery within three weeks of booking. On Road price in Kollam, Kerala is 10,42,888/-
No discount on the car. Gave the Polo floormats free.

I have a query regarding tyre pressure. The recommended tyre pressure shown on the fuel cap is 36 psi for front and 33 psi for the rear. Should I use these values or can someone recommend the correct value?

Some pics of the car:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20161102_165456-large.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20161102_165518-large.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20161103_105315-large.jpg  

TheStig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 20:23   #4151
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys!
I have some doubts about how responsive the GT TSI is in traffic conditions. I've read a lot about lag at take off and cases where downshifts take close to a second after kickdown. Is this true? I did test drive the car, but 15 minutes was barely enough to tell how the car reacts on a consistent basis.

. But if it means my response times in traffic are bottlenecked by the transmission,
So in D mode, under 15 kph, it is not very responsive, if you want the engine to be on the toes, you can use the S mode. Contrary to popular opinion, S mode is very useful in city, if you are in an aggressive mode. You can close gaps like a go cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Hi guys,

I have a query regarding tyre pressure. The recommended tyre pressure shown on the fuel cap is 36 psi for front and 33 psi for the rear. Should I use these values or can someone recommend the correct value?

Some pics of the car:
First of all congrats! Welcome to the club. It looks delicious in Red. I am surprised about the tyre pressure. My fuel lid says 29/29 with 2 front pax. 32 f and 35 r with 5 pax and luggage. Can you post a snapshot of the fuel lid?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th November 2016 at 20:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 20:40   #4152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
For people like you (and me of course), there's the GTI wheel with paddles. I have been driving with the paddles for last 20k kms, and can assure you 99% of drivers on road with manual can never match the lightning shifts of the DSG with paddles. So, if that's your only concern, close your eyes and book the GT TSI along with ordering the GTI wheel. Hope it helps. Drive safe.
Thanks for the help! I was looking at ordering a paddle shift steering from Vagtune. I believe the one made in Mexico is preferred. Is Vagtune reliable generally? I remember on T-BHP member mentioning getting the airbags to work with the steering is a headache. Any issues faced there?

Also, have you had any issues with warranty after installing yours? And finally (lots of questions I know!), would you know anyone reliable in Mumbai who could be entrusted with fitting it?
Old 5th November 2016, 21:25   #4153
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the help! I was looking at ordering a paddle shift steering from Vagtune. I believe the one made in Mexico is preferred. Is Vagtune reliable generally? I remember on T-BHP member mentioning getting the airbags to work with the steering is a headache. Any issues faced there?

Also, have you had any issues with warranty after installing yours? And finally (lots of questions I know!), would you know anyone reliable in Mumbai who could be entrusted with fitting it?
The price vagtune quotes is a rip off. I got mine from mexico and i have no complaints. It comes with an airbag and is just plug and play. Haven't had any warranty claims so far, but its just anyone's guess if VW will honor warranty as technically, a small electrical accessory can void warranty. Have no idea about mumbai though.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 21:46   #4154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post

Some pics of the car:

Those values are correct if you have the car loaded with luggage and 4 people in the car. For normal city driving use 29 psi for all 4 tyres
Old 5th November 2016, 22:14   #4155
BHPian

Quote:
My main issue is this -

I have a fairly aggressive driving style, which is to say that I don't let people bully me, and I exploit what gaps I can find that haven't been plugged by rickshaws and/or Ubers (all within the confines of the law, of course).
Take a test drive. Drive thru your daily commute route. Take multiple test drives.
VW dealer in Pune (B.U. Bhandari) was happy to give me as many test drives as I wished. I asked them to let me drive the car for 1-2 hours (with prior appt ofcourse). The only request from there side was to return the car back on time as they had to send the car to other part of the city for a test drive later in the day.

I have never felt the car to have slow shifts or slow in picking up speed. Infact, I have to hold it on a leash.

I use Manual Mode only when I want to drive even more leisurely than D mode or I am descending down a hill/twisties.
For quick overtakes on State highway/single carriage roads, S is your friend. If you find S to be slow, you better save some cash and start looking at something else

Confession - I drive defnsively, but I like to drive fast when the conditions allow me to do so esp when going up the twisties.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks