Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2017, 21:12   #4321
BHPian

I bought the GT TSI on 25 February 2016. I had planned to purchase extended warranty within 1 year and so called up to the dealer today for the same. The service section advisor however said that the the order had been placed on 31 January 2016 and hence, 1 year is over. The amount to be paid if buying within 1 year is about 11600 with taxes.
If after 1 year of purchase , it becomes 13900 plus taxes.

The VW service app says this holds good from the date of sale of the car.
Does that mean the date of order placement by the dealer or date of payment by the bank or date of registration?

Am I being taken for a ride?

Please help me folks!
Old 3rd February 2017, 21:16   #4322
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I bought the GT TSI on 25 February 2016. I had planned to purchase extended warranty within 1 year and so called up to the dealer today for the same. The service section advisor however said that the the order had been placed on 31 January 2016 and hence, 1 year is over. The amount to be paid if buying within 1 year is about 11600 with taxes.
If after 1 year of purchase , it becomes 13900 plus taxes.

The VW service app says this holds good from the date of sale of the car.
Does that mean the date of order placement by the dealer or date of payment by the bank or date of registration?

Am I being taken for a ride?

Please help me folks!
When is your car invoice dated? The extended warranty date depends on that date.
Old 3rd February 2017, 21:55   #4323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
As far as I'm aware it's being calculated from the invoice date or at least the PDI date. I can see no chance of warranty starting from booking date, it's better you write directly to VW customer support.
Old 4th February 2017, 10:10   #4324
BHPian

My Polo GT TSI will be ready for Delivery today evening.

Car should have been home 10 days ago but the NCB Certificate for my Getz was delayed by New India Assurance.

Very Excited about my "Pocket Rocket" ( The name I have coined for my Flash Red Beauty ) ( any other suggestions for the name? )

The PDI was done by a friend at their stockyard on Tuesday. Pics attached. There is a GTI in the back but didn't upload fearing Moderators' approval

Our 2nd purchase after the Endeavour 3.2 Titanium in August. The Garage is finally refreshed!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20170130wa0033.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20170130wa0043.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20170130wa0045.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20170130wa0054.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20170130wa0055.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20170130wa0058.jpg  

Last edited by kimianks : 4th February 2017 at 10:11.
kimianks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 13:54   #4325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Congratulations!

If you don't mind, would you be able to share the OTR/breakup of the cost, and the waiting period to get one?
Old 4th February 2017, 14:35   #4326
BHPian

Completed 20K yesterday evening . I had bought my car in Oct 15.
My commute to office is a pretty modest 9km one way, so I tend to use cycle 2 times a week.
I think most of the distance I have covered is on NH4/expressway.
Old 4th February 2017, 14:53   #4327
BHPian

Quote:

Car should have been home 10 days ago but the NCB Certificate for my Getz was delayed by New India Assurance.

Very Excited about my "Pocket Rocket" ( The name I have coined for my Flash Red Beauty ) ( any other suggestions for the name? )
Congratulations! Do keep us updated! In the first pic I can't help but notice the GTI parked right behind. I thought all 99 were sold out!
Old 4th February 2017, 18:11   #4328
BHPian

Quote:
Cool! Congrats. Was wondering what was taking so long for the update! VW Downtown are usually quick to get the GT's.

As far as the name goes - how about "Scarlett" - i think a car should always have a nice girly name :P - i called mine "Leila"
Old 6th February 2017, 15:35   #4329
BHPian

Guys,
A small update. Am planning to book a GT TSI soon, and today, while speaking to the sales guy, he told me that the waiting period is minimum 3 months, maybe more for a red car. And some updates are expected within a month, such as 16inch alloys with a "fresh" design and maybe a reverse cam. He wasn't sure about the reverse cam, but he was positive about the new alloys. Mechanically expected to remain the same. Anybody has any info on this? And the waiting period apparently is the same all over, due to the updates. Is it so?
Cheers.
Old 6th February 2017, 16:48   #4330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
A small update. Am planning to book a GT TSI soon, and today, while speaking to the sales guy, he told me that the waiting period is minimum 3 months, maybe more for a red car.
Just took a test drive over the weekend here in Pune. The sales guys mentioned about the 16" alloys, but nothing about the reverse camera. He said that if I book I would be getting the 16" alloys model.

Waiting period was quoted at one month and OTR was quoted at 10.56 lacs

Last edited by ampere : 6th February 2017 at 16:57.
Old 6th February 2017, 17:26   #4331
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
A small update. Am planning to book a GT TSI soon, and today, while speaking to the sales guy, he told me that the waiting period is minimum 3 months, maybe more for a red car. And some updates are expected within a month, such as 16inch alloys with a "fresh" design and maybe a reverse cam...
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_krishna View Post
Just took a test drive over the weekend here in Pune. The sales guys mentioned about the 16" alloys, but nothing about the reverse camera. He said that if I book I would be getting the 16" alloys model..
I am in process of buying the 2017VIN TSI but not the one with the 16" alloys. I have also heard this that the only upgrade is the wheels. What do you guys suggest? Waiting for the new one or going ahead with the old one? Also the waiting time is roughly 2-3 Weeks here in Mumbai and the price difference is ~15K. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by curiosity : 6th February 2017 at 17:27.
Old 6th February 2017, 18:17   #4332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_krishna View Post
The sales guys mentioned about the 16" alloys, but nothing about the reverse camera. He said that if I book I would be getting the 16" alloys model.
Hi,
Yeah, even this guy wasn't sure about the rear view cam. Maybe it's not on the list then. So, the 16inchers are confirmed then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
What do you guys suggest? Waiting for the new one or going ahead with the old one? Thoughts anyone?
I think the price difference is ok considering the same kind of alloy upgrade to a bigger size would cost you more out of OEM. Go for the newer one, maybe there would be small changes other than the alloys too.
Old 6th February 2017, 20:27   #4333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
I am in process of buying the 2017VIN TSI but not the one with the 16" alloys.
Going by past experience, I would expect some more updates apart from alloys.

If it's just the looks then 15 inch make a lot more sense (practical) than 16". Not sure why VW wants to move to 16.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th February 2017 at 23:02. Reason: lots -> looks, on request.
Old 6th February 2017, 21:18   #4334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Going by past experience, I would expect some more updates apart from alloys.

If it's just the lots then 15 inch make a lot more sense (practical) than 16". Not sure why VW wants to move to 16.
That's what I thought! 15" should be more practical I feel. I spoke to a few other dealerships and none are able to confirm anything more than an alloy change. So looks like it's just a random update by VW.
Old 7th February 2017, 01:17   #4335
Senior - BHPian

There was some talk of a DOHC engine coming in lieu of the SOHC one in use currently.

Quote:
Hi,
Yeah, even this guy wasn't sure about the rear view cam. Maybe it's not on the list then. So, the 16inchers are confirmed then.

I think the price difference is ok considering the same kind of alloy upgrade to a bigger size would cost you more out of OEM. Go for the newer one, maybe there would be small changes other than the alloys too.

Most Viewed