Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2017, 12:51   #4351
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Guys, Took delivery of the Polo GT TSI Yesterday! Went ahead for the 15" model as the difference was coming to roughly Rs. 20K here in Mumbai. I asked if there is some Run-in period for the engine to which I was informed that it ain't required. First service will be done at 15K kms or 1 year and a free checkup will be done at 7500 Kms! Thanks to fellow BHP'ian Vandit for helping me out with the Sales Rep details and other questions!
Old 13th February 2017, 13:02   #4352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Guys, Took delivery of the Polo GT TSI Yesterday! Went ahead for the 15" model as the difference was coming to roughly Rs. 20K here in Mumbai. I asked if there is some Run-in period for the engine to which I was informed that it ain't required. First service will be done at 15K kms or 1 year and a free checkup will be done at 7500 Kms! Thanks to fellow BHP'ian Vandit for helping me out with the Sales Rep details and other questions!
Are there any changes beyond the 16" alloys? A friend here is looking to get one this month and is unsure which one to choose.
Old 13th February 2017, 13:10   #4353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Are there any changes beyond the 16" alloys? A friend here is looking to get one this month and is unsure which one to choose.
Nope. The Sales Rep confirmed and reconfirmed that the only difference is the 16" alloys. Checked with another dealer as well and got the same response.
curiosity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 13:47   #4354

Guys. I am planning to buy a GT TSI. My only concern is the reliability of the DCT gearbox.
Does anyone have insight on it ?
Thanks !
Old 13th February 2017, 17:49   #4355
BHPian

Quote:
No other change, it seems. The on-road price in Kolkata has gone up from 9.36 Lakhs to 9.47 Lakhs, which I think is quite acceptable considering the price increase of the alloys and the rubber. The stock tyres would be 195/55/R16, as opposed to the previous 185/60/R15. However, there is no information on the spare tyre yet. Previously it used to be 14" on a steel rim.

Last edited by asitkde : 13th February 2017 at 17:50.
Old 13th February 2017, 18:19   #4356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity View Post
Guys. I am planning to buy a GT TSI. My only concern is the reliability of the DCT gearbox.
Does anyone have insight on it ?
Thanks !
Touchwood first!
33k kms on the odo, 3.5 years gone, no problems yet! (touching wood again)

Regular Usage:
1st year and a half were majorly regular trips between Mumbai & Nashik (20k)
The next year was spent in heavy Mumbai traffic (not regular) - mostly as a second car- had a lul in kms due to this (hust 5-6k over the year)
The most recent year was spent in Hyderabad - used majorly by my better half for her office commute(10k including travel to hyd and around)

Hoping luck continues with me
Old 14th February 2017, 14:04   #4357
Senior - BHPian

Took a TD of the GT TSI: Lovely gearbox and engine combo, compact dimensions and ₹ 11 L OTR in Chennai!!! Premium feel and refinement, the indicators and wipers are on the wrong side. It just flies with seamless gear shifts, progressive brakes with nice bite at the end. No Navigation or reverse cam. A/C is adequate. Rear seat is strictly for 2 due to the central hump. Boot space is good for the size. 16" alloys for MY '17. Loaded with ESP, Hill Hold. You may the premium for the engine and gear box only.
Old 14th February 2017, 14:13   #4358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
the indicators and wipers are on the wrong side.
No they aren't!

Well, OK, it depends on what you drove before. Not sure, but isn't this particular standard confusion a Japan/rest-of-world thing?
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 14:37   #4359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Guys,. I asked if there is some Run-in period for the engine to which I was informed that it ain't required.
Hi, congrats and welcome to the club! The manual says, for the first 1000 km, don't exceed 2/3rds of engine speed or top speed. And then slowly increase it till 1500 km. So during first 1000 km, may be you can keep it under 4000 rpm and 140 kph

Last edited by rageshgr : 14th February 2017 at 14:40.
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 17:36   #4360
BHPian

Booked the GT TSi in White. Delivery day after, PDI Tomorrow. Price came close to 10.5 with extended warranty and Insurace Comprehensive Zerodep.
Old 14th February 2017, 21:13   #4361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not sure, but isn't this particular standard confusion a Japan/rest-of-world thing?
Is it really? I have a civic and when i got my GT Tsi even i felt what this guy was feeling, but i felt it was because VW was being cheap and using the steering of a left hand drive car and plonking it into indian cars to save money
nova9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 22:42   #4362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, OK, it depends on what you drove before. Not sure, but isn't this particular standard confusion a Japan/rest-of-world thing?
While I agree it depends on what he drove before. But its not a Japaneese thing (Durango Dude owns an Elantra) , its to do with manufacturers not switching stalk positions between the LHD and RHD configurations. I experienced the same with a Ford Figo couple of years back. Kept switching the wiper many times during the drive, instead of the indicator.

Its not a deal breaker, but gets kind of confusing the the first few drives.

Last edited by narayans80 : 14th February 2017 at 22:45.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 22:59   #4363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No they aren't!

I've so gotten used to the indicator on the right that I had switched on the wiper at least 3 times in the short test drive. That was pretty distracting and annoying at the same time! Add to that even Korean!

Last edited by Durango Dude : 14th February 2017 at 23:00.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 23:14   #4364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Is it really? I have a civic and when i got my GT Tsi even i felt what this guy was feeling, but i felt it was because VW was being cheap and using the steering of a left hand drive car and plonking it into indian cars to save money
Nothing to do with cheap. All European and American cars have the stalks reversed compared to Japanese cars. Only takes a little while to get used to it.

For me personally the Japanese/Korean config feels alien as I have gotten used to the reverse on both my rides.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 23:22   #4365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All European and American cars have the stalks reversed compared to Japanese cars.
That's what I thought. Or what I thought I'd heard. Is it to do with Japan being an on-the-left country, though?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks