Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2017, 12:45   #4456
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

For your and for others information, a customer is not bound to take their car to the service centre of the selling dealer. It can be taken to any OEM authorised service centre any where in the country.

As for the response from VW, I doubt if you will ever hear from them. However all power to you for taking a stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_bajaj View Post
Thanks for the encouragement but it is practically very difficult to manage service center of Noida from Faridabad. And as expressed above, VW should first invest in our country to provide an acceptable level of customer service rather than concentrating on selling cars alone.

I would be happy to change my decision if I can get a good response from VW India. That is why I wanted to raise this matter to them to see how seriously they treat this incident. So anyone having VW contact details please share.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 13:36   #4457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;4165656
For your and for others information, a customer is not bound to take their car to the service centre of the selling dealer. It can be taken to any OEM authorised service centre any where in the country.
I full understand this but it's psychological with me to stick with the dealer. But yes, we should get it serviced from the best available station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;4165656
As for the response from VW, I doubt if you will ever hear from them. However all power to you for taking a stand.
I'm also of the same belief and given the service standards of our country, I don't have any expectations. I have written a stern mail to VW customer care and irony is they forwarded it to same dealer again. I really fail to understand that customer care is really so dumb that they don't even bother to read what has been written? I somehow fail to understand it. Out of my logic box.

Anyhow, VW has assured me that my decision of not going with them is correct. I don't have the caliber and interest to keep fighting with their pathetic service and attitude after spending a bomb. I will quietly take my business somewhere else who is happy to serve me.
deepak_bajaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 21:50   #4458
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Took delivery of our TSI last week. Its a quick little hatch for city runs, but no outright power like the Abarth. Also, it just refuses to downshift while overtaking in D mode unless the accelerator is fully floored, but S mode should solve this. Waiting to complete 1000 km after which I can fully unleash the potential of the little beast.

500 km done in a week and this is how she looks now:

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1342.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_1259.jpg

Last edited by Suraj25 : 19th March 2017 at 22:12.
Suraj25 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 05:39   #4459
BHPian

Looks like you have blacked out the ugly chrome bits on the front bumper. Good work!

Btw, how is the ride comfort with the new 16" wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post

Attachment 1620368

Attachment 1620369

Last edited by ashwin489 : 20th March 2017 at 05:43.
Old 20th March 2017, 08:13   #4460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
Btw, how is the ride comfort with the new 16" wheels?

Thanks!
On the delivery day the ride was pretty bumpy. Checked the pressures and they were 40+ all round! Got them down to 33 and now it rides well.
Suraj25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 10:31   #4461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Took delivery of our TSI last week. Its a quick little hatch for city runs, but no outright power like the Abarth.
Congrats on your latest acquisition Suraj and it looks haute' !!

The last time I saw your Abarth, it was flying by along with the Laura's, Bimmer's and remapped GTs. So, I can really understand what you mean by "Its a quick little hatch for city runs, but no outright power like the Abarth".

Even if you can't really come up with an ownership review of the GT, please do post some pics & comparisons between this and Abarth bro.

Wish you a happy motoring and drive safe.
Old 20th March 2017, 10:36   #4462
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of our TSI last week. Its a quick little hatch for city runs, but no outright power like the Abarth. Also, it just refuses to downshift while overtaking in D mode unless the accelerator is fully floored, but S mode should solve this
Heartiest congratulations on your new purchase. Wish you a troublefree and exciting ride for years to come.
Regarding the downshifting in D mode, somehow this issue didn't happen with me during my several long TDs. Maybe, it was a TD car and DSG had adjusted itaelf for quick driving style.
Old 20th March 2017, 21:32   #4463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats
===
Even if you can't really come up with an ownership review of the GT, please do post some pics & comparisons between this and Abarth bro.
=====
Thanks Vik! Yes, I will do a proper comparison between the two cars after I spend some more time with the polo. But with my limited time with the car I can say for sure that the Abarth is a better 'performance' car.

Quote:
Heartiest congratulations on your new purchase. Wish you a troublefree and exciting ride for years to come.

Regarding the downshifting in D mode, somehow this issue didn't happen with me during my several long TDs. Maybe, it was a TD car and DSG had adjusted itaelf for quick driving style.

Thank you Deepak! Maybe the gearbox needs some time to learn my driving style. Or I need to learn how the gearbox works? Need to spend more time!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th April 2017 at 16:17. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 21st March 2017, 13:03   #4464
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of our TSI last week. Its a quick little hatch for city runs, but no outright power like the Abarth. Also, it just refuses to downshift while overtaking in D mode unless the accelerator is fully floored, but S mode should solve this. Waiting to complete 1000 km after which I can fully unleash the potential of the little beast.

Attachment 1620368

Attachment 1620369
congrats on your new baby, looks nice in grey with black wheels.

regarding the D and S mode, yes both dont match drivers need, D is too sluggish and jerky on times and S is too aggressive, a must do upgrade recommendation from me would be Paddle shift steering, this will give you the control in your hand and not using the auto gear box mind of your driving needs, you will be much more in control and enjoy this little baby more.

happy revving.

cheers
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 13:50   #4465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of our TSI last week...

Attachment 1620368
Congratulations Suraj25! I won't be surprised if you are the only one person who owns both the hot hatches selling around the million rupees in the country

One question. I was wondering how you took the car delivery at Benelli showroom

Quote:
Also, it just refuses to downshift while overtaking in D mode unless the accelerator is fully floored, but S mode should solve this. Waiting to complete 1000 km after which I can fully unleash the potential of the little beast.
You need time to get used to the D mode; 3 months and although I have a lot more control of it that in the beginning, I'm still not 100% used to the shifts. S mode is too aggressive!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 18:03   #4466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
congrats on your new baby, looks nice in grey with black wheels.... recommendation from me would be Paddle shift steering....
cheers

Thank you Saint! GTI steering upgrade is on the cards, will probably happen soon. Actually planned to order one on the day of delivery itself but I fell in love with the stock steering... hence the delay.
And about tiptronic mode, I used to hear some slight 'clunk' sound when I upshift while driving hard. Hope this is normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Congratulations
======
One question. I was wondering how you took the car delivery at Benelli showroom

Thanks Hemanth!
About that.. I had been to the Benelli showroom to check out the TNT 600. The car looked hot under that lighting, so decided to take a pic :P

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th April 2017 at 16:18. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 00:54   #4467
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And about tiptronic mode, I used to hear some slight 'clunk' sound when I upshift while driving hard. Hope this is normal.
My car does that too, but only in the 5th and 7th mostly. I'm not sure its normal or even if normal, it sounds not good for the gearbox.

Although I mostly drive in tiptronic using the gear stick, and sometimes the paddle shifters, but when driving hard, I use D or S along with paddle shifts b'coz the upshifts in tiptronic cause the cluck in 5th, which doesn't happen in D at same RPM.
Old 22nd March 2017, 09:30   #4468
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone used the VW service app(android)? I installed it and found it absolutely rubbish and useless. No link whatsoever with our actual vehicle. just a dead app. I removed it after a few days. I seriously hope that I was wrong and there is some better way to use it!
Old 22nd March 2017, 10:57   #4469
BHPian

Quote:
2. Can somebody share how is the engine oil consumption of the car? One of my friend has Skoda Superb and told me the car literally drinks engine oil. Since polo also has similar TSI engine, I thought to ask for experiences.
I would say that in Polo TSi, it is better to monitor oil consumption in a regular basis(may be once in 5,000 kms). I keep 1 litre of oil in my house(which I buy when I go for the service).

For instance, I had serviced my car around November(60,000 kms), and today(at 67,000 kms) when I went to Shell to fill petrol, the attendant who checked the oil level, said that oil is little low(it was in the half way between min and max). Came home, and topped up the engine oil(which took the complete one litre).

Once I cross 4 years(after exhausting the extended warranty), planning to get the car serviced once in 10,000 kms from Petes.
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:09   #4470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

Although I mostly drive in tiptronic using the gear stick, and sometimes the paddle shifters, but when driving hard, I use D or S along with paddle shifts b'coz the upshifts in tiptronic cause the cluck in 5th, which doesn't happen in D at same RPM.

Exactly what I felt.. it doesn't happen in D or even S mode. It's mostly the sound of the clutch engaging and disengaging, cause sometimes I hear it when it's very quiet around and the gear is changing from D1 to D2. Decided not to use tiptronic while driving hard, for now at least!
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks