Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2017, 16:45   #4606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Hi. Finally changed the oem batteries to the amaron hi flo 60 Ah model. The process as such was very smooth without much hiccups. But i was in for a rude shock while changing the battery. When he removed the oem battery, it was a 36 Ah rated battery Since mine was from the first lot of GT TSI, was the battery upgraded later to 60 Ah ones ? Not sure, any of the GT TSI owners could throw some light. But anyhow went ahead and replaced it with the 60 Ah model from amaron as i have already paid for it online and since its widely used by members here, hope there wouldn't be a problem.
It hasn't been changed. Volkswagen sells cars with Alto-sized OE batteries.

The recommended replacement size according to my VW dealer is 45 Ah.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 18:21   #4607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

But still a hike of 100 pounds is insane

That's crazy, same guy quoted me 77GBP that is huge hike, attached picture.

I'm not sure the info he passed is correct, I'm importing set of suspension which the dealer quoted me only 80GBP, the suspension is also from EU.

ricambituning.it deal looks cool, I hope they will ship it.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-awesomegti.jpg  

Old 24th April 2017, 18:32   #4608
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
That's crazy, same guy quoted me 77GBP that is huge hike, attached picture.

I'm not sure the info he passed is correct, I'm importing set of suspension which the dealer quoted me only 80GBP, the suspension is also from EU.

ricambituning.it deal looks cool, I hope they will ship it.
When did you get this quote of 77GBP. Either he was wrong while quoting 77 GBP, or there has been a price hike after you got the quote.

I was thinking about ordering directly from Tarox website. That should be more reliable compared to the ricambituning.it, I believe.
Old 24th April 2017, 18:39   #4609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
When did you get this quote of 77GBP. Either he was wrong while quoting 77 GBP, or there has been a price hike after you got the quote.

I was thinking about ordering directly from Tarox website. That should be more reliable compared to the ricambituning.it, I believe.
He quoted me in Feb 2017. I don't think he was wrong, because as I mentioned earlier he quoted me 175GBP for Tarox Disc and ST Sport Suspension Kit.

Yes, tarox site is more reliable but during the ordering process I found some complications with their payment options.
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 20:43   #4610
Senior - BHPian

So here we are folks. Presenting the Flash Red Polo GT TSI. We took the delivery today. Posting some pictures for your pleasure. Will be starting a new thread to discuss our latest acquisition in detail.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20170424_162110.resized.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20170424_162122.resized.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20170424_162141.resized.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20170424_162155.resized.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20170424_162216.resized.jpg  

Traveler is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 19:25   #4611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
So here we are folks. Presenting the Flash Red Polo GT TSI. We took the delivery today. Posting some pictures for your pleasure. Will be starting a new thread to discuss our latest acquisition in detail.
Many Congratulation, Traveler

Love the color and everything about your car!

I am very glad to see that there are NO ugly door stripes (or whatever you call them and NO black roofing). So, that means it NOT a compulsion to buy the sports package with fake seat covers etc. and it totally depends on the customer, am I correct? If yes, I am super happy for you and for myself as well

BTW, I somehow liked the thick black spoiler which used to come just till a few weeks ago as well and just DO NOT like the new one. Can the older black spoiler be fitted? Where can I get it as OEM and how much would it cost approximately?

Once again Congrats and have great fun with the GT!

Cheers.
Old 25th April 2017, 20:23   #4612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
I am very glad to see that there are NO ugly door stripes (or whatever you call them and NO black roofing). So, that means it NOT a compulsion to buy the sports package with fake seat covers etc. and it totally depends on the customer, am I correct?
If what you say is correct, would that mean the black painting on the roof for the Sports version would be done at the dealership? Why would one like one's new car's roof painted again at the dealership?

Any way, all these speculations show, perhaps nobody, including the dealerships, know what's really happening. This GT Sports thing is a real bad idea, I think. The seat covers in the pictures don't even appear neatly stitched to the seats for a proper fit.
Old 25th April 2017, 20:50   #4613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
If what you say is correct, would that mean the black painting on the roof for the Sports version would be done at the dealership? Why would one like one's new car's roof painted again at the dealership?

Any way, all these speculations show, perhaps nobody, including the dealerships, know what's really happening. This GT Sports thing is a real bad idea, I think. The seat covers in the pictures don't even appear neatly stitched to the seats for a proper fit.
Yes!

The kit is fitted in the showroom, have verified from every dealer.

But NOT sure whether it is mandatory to buy?

Do you have any idea about the earlier spoiler? Can it be installed and for how much?

This is for you: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/58359963.cms

Overdrive quotes the price as: "GT TDi Sport at Rs 9.71 lakh and Rs 9.81 lakh, ex-Mumbai respectively. The price is about Rs 20,000+ taxes above that of the regular Polo GTs."

Confusion Galore
Old 25th April 2017, 20:58   #4614
BHPian

Quote:
Heartiest congratulations Traveler on your new possession! Wish you miles and miles of travelling with smiles.

Your VW Polo GT TSI looks stunning in red color. Do you mind sharing us the on-road price? Awaiting your detailed review of this car. Between, drive safe and avoid honking.

Cheers!

Last edited by Nohonking : 25th April 2017 at 21:00.
Old 25th April 2017, 21:26   #4615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
But there is still no specification sheet available on the website or otherwise.
Here is the official announcement. All changes are cosmetic with GT TSI and gt GT TD power trains remaining the same.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 23:19   #4616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
All changes are cosmetic with GT TSI and gt GT TD power trains remaining the same.
All changes are cosmetic, except the ground clearance with 16" wheels. I have got the Feb-2017 version which was in between the GT Sports and the previous version with 15" wheels. I have written umpteen times in this forum about the unavailability of the GC data with the 16" wheels. I want to know if VW has tweaked the suspension or they have just put in 16" rims on the previous version, without changing anything. I was expecting, since they have made a bit of noise with the launch of the GT Sports version, there will be new specs available in the website. So far I do not see any change in their website which still features 15" wheels and a GC of 165mm. This is height of unprofessionalism, regardless how good the car is.
asitkde is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 10:37   #4617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Many Congratulation, Traveler

Love the color and everything about your car!

I am very glad to see that there are NO ugly door stripes (or whatever you call them and NO black roofing). So, that means it NOT a compulsion to buy the sports package with fake seat covers etc. and it totally depends on the customer, am I correct? If yes, I am super happy for you and for myself as well

BTW, I somehow liked the thick black spoiler which used to come just till a few weeks ago as well and just DO NOT like the new one. Can the older black spoiler be fitted? Where can I get it as OEM and how much would it cost approximately?

Once again Congrats and have great fun with the GT!

Cheers.
Thanks for your wishes. I agree with you, plain solid Red looks more substantial and pure than the botched up roof and side stickers drama. The seat covers also look cheap. Anyway it's good that you can still buy the undiluted Red color. The dealer was not sure if the Sport would be a dealer addon or would come directly from the factory. I think it is a dealer addon since the dealer said it is Rs. 27k extra for the Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Heartiest congratulations Traveler on your new possession! Wish you miles and miles of travelling with smiles.

Your VW Polo GT TSI looks stunning in red color. Do you mind sharing us the on-road price? Awaiting your detailed review of this car. Between, drive safe and avoid honking.

Cheers!
Thanks, the On-Road price in Bangalore is 1115193/- additionally I took two years extended warranty for another 13.5K, and I guess I will end up getting the RV camera and Center Armrest from another 15 to 20K total. Have already ordered the Viofo 119 Dashcam from Aliexpress for around 6K + Customs and waiting for it to be delivered.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 22:51   #4618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... ... ... The seat covers also look cheap. Anyway it's good that you can still buy the undiluted Red color. The dealer was not sure if the Sport would be a dealer addon or would come directly from the factory. I think it is a dealer addon since the dealer said it is Rs. 27k extra for the Sport.
All this stuff, except maybe the wheels, is completely inappropriate for a Polo GT. Come on, VW... this is the stuff that kids who want a GT do to an alto!

I think this is going to turn me into an activist: I'm going to hold road rokko outside VW dealers with placard urging people not to buy this "Sport!"

(No offence to the Alto: it was just the first small, low-cost car that came to mind)
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 03:20   #4619
BHPian

Have driven the GT extensively over 3 months/4000 odd kms.
One major issue is fuel. If the car is filled with occasional regular fuel, its okay. But if I shift to xtrapremium for every fill it's knocking the engine at lower rpm's.

I like to cruise the GT a lot more than drive it fast, and it becomes a problem.

Filling it with 97 sorts it completely. I really think regular Indian fuel isn't for the car, 97 is the right fuel even though VW guys say regular is okay.
Old 27th April 2017, 11:17   #4620
BHPian

I'm not convinced that charging a premium of 20K for few additional cosmetic changes is justified. The seat covers definitely could have been skipped. The earlier alloys definitely looked better.

I would have rather liked to see VW adding SatNav & reverse camera in lieu of offering the seat covers. A start/stop button also would have been welcome. Judging by the number of changes that this car has seen in the last 6 months, I won't be surprised if VW throws in few more add-on features in the coming months.

Most Viewed