Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2017, 11:37   #4621
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I'm not convinced that charging a premium of 20K for few additional cosmetic changes is justified. The seat covers definitely could have been skipped. The earlier alloys definitely looked better.
Though your view actually is logical fuel_addict, I think what GTO has posted under another thread makes a lot more sense buddy.

For somebody who has decided to go with the GT, this is a negligible add on cost to an already expensive hatch. Except for that dumb "Maruti-ish Race Stripes", the rest of the stuffs are not really bad.

The 16" rims will always have a bigger width than the 15" and all one would need is a set of good (wide) rubber to nail the stance
Old 27th April 2017, 13:08   #4622
BHPian

There is a weird noise that comes from my GT TSI whenever I go over a bump/speed breaker. It seems to come from the doors (Windows, I think, not sure). I am not sure how to describe it, but it sounds something like if you mildly try to crush an empty plastic bottle - it sounds something like this. Sounds to be the glass rubbing against the beading? I am not too sure though. Any inputs?
Old 27th April 2017, 13:23   #4623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
There is a weird noise that comes from my GT TSI whenever I go over a bump/speed breaker. It seems to come from the doors (Windows, I think, not sure). I am not sure how to describe it, but it sounds something like if you mildly try to crush an empty plastic bottle - it sounds something like this. Sounds to be the glass rubbing against the beading? I am not too sure though. Any inputs?
Hi,

If you are getting such sounds only when the car rocks or goes over some bumpers/ undulations; the cause could be the rubber beading around the doors. VW Polo is notorious for such creaking sounds.

d_himan has done a fantastic DIY for his car, that you may follow here - Link

Or try your hand at softening the rubber beading using solution. These sounds also emanate over time due to hardening of rubber components.

All this, only considering that source is the door rubber beading.

Last edited by methecupid : 27th April 2017 at 13:26.
Old 27th April 2017, 21:57   #4624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
One major issue is fuel. If the car is filled with occasional regular fuel, its okay. But if I shift to xtrapremium for every fill it's knocking the engine at lower rpm's.
Dear devilwearsprada,

Xtrapremium and the likes contain "additives" which your lovely car is not happy with and is showing her resentment by knocking at lower revs. Please avoid the fuel with additives. Although, your's is a European hatch, but manufacturers in India tend to tune the cars to suite to the most widely available 91 RON fuel. My advice will be to stick to normal (BS4 compliant if possible) fuel and notice the results. Look for a reliable filling station in your city where you can trust for "purity". That's the key word. (for instance, I get both my Honda cars filled from HPCL self owned retail filling station, unless any of these vehicles are out of station) Stick to this filling station and one type of fuel only. Keep cruising!

Cheers,
Simmi

Last edited by Nohonking : 27th April 2017 at 22:08.
Old 28th April 2017, 13:15   #4625
BHPian

Just upgraded the Inside Rear View Mirror to a Auto Dimming Mirror from Gentex. The one i got installed is the Gentex 50-GenK8A, which is a beautiful frameless design without a bezel. Looks sick in person and gives a nice wide rear view with auto dimming. It comes with a wire cover which totally conceals the wires behind the mirror assembly after installation. The build quality and finish of the same is way better than the stock mirror and a gazillion times better than the Chinese examples sold on ALiExpress. Totally worth the premium paid. Here are a couple of pics of the same. Hope you guys like it.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20160501_183613.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20170302_093844.jpg

Cheers

Changed Headunit to the Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 which is long in the tooth now but i got a great deal on the same with my dealer who had one last brand new set with him at the time. Dad also wanted something with Navigation Built-In so this was a decent choice. Some pics below.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20160501_171529.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20160501_183543.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20160501_172009.jpg

Also got myself Maxpider Kagu 3D mats.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20160503_225650.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20160503_225921.jpg

Cheers

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th April 2017 at 19:36. Reason: Merged back to back posts
prince85 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 11:08   #4626
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
Yes, tarox site is more reliable but during the ordering process I found some complications with their payment options.
At last, after a couple of failed attempts, I was able to place the order for the discs in Tarox site. They have SMS OTP based purchase and the OTP never arrived during the first two attempts. Hope the discs arrive without any hassles. Fingers crossed!

I did not order the pads as the pad size has changed in our Polo since they changed over to TVS calipers (Type-2), and I dont think Tarox has Type-2 pads. As my Brembo red pads are almost worn out (just after 8K kilometers), I am thinking of putting the stock pads and wait for the EBC yellow stuff pads to be released by this year's end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Just upgraded the Inside Rear View Mirror to a Auto Dimming Mirror from Gentex.

Changed Headunit to the Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 which is long in the tooth now but i got a great deal on the same with my dealer who had one last brand new set with him at the time.

Nice additions to the GT. The IRVM looks awesome. Can you please provide more information on where you sourced the Kagu 3D mats? I have been looking for Kagu mats since I got the GT, but could not get the black color.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 14:44   #4627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Nice additions to the GT. The IRVM looks awesome. Can you please provide more information on where you sourced the Kagu 3D mats? I have been looking for Kagu mats since I got the GT, but could not get the black color.
I got the Kagu 3D mats for 6.5k from Choksi Motors in Mumbai who happens to be an authorized retailer for the same here in Mumbai. Hope it helps.

Cheers
prince85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 16:30   #4628
BHPian

Quote:
I got the Kagu 3D mats for 6.5k from Choksi Motors in Mumbai who happens to be an authorized retailer for the same here in Mumbai. Hope it helps.

Cheers
Could you please share the contact info of choski motors. I too have been looking for black kagu mats

Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 17:23   #4629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Could you please share the contact info of choski motors. I too have been looking for black kagu mats

Thanks
Well I dont have their telephone contact details. They have their office/store in the Milan Subway Car Accessories Market in Santacruz.
Old 29th April 2017, 18:36   #4630
BHPian

Quote:
Well I dont have their telephone contact details. They have their office/store in the Milan Subway Car Accessories Market in Santacruz.
Found this address from Google

Address: Shop No. 9, Anu Building, Near Milan Cinema, Milan Subway Road, Santacruz West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400054

Phone: 022 2615 1897

I guess its the same one?
Old 30th April 2017, 00:22   #4631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just upgraded the Inside Rear View Mirror to a Auto Dimming Mirror from Gentex. The one i got installed is the Gentex 50-GenK8A, which is a beautiful frameless design without a bezel. Looks sick in person and gives a nice wide rear view with auto dimming. It comes with a wire cover which totally conceals the wires behind the mirror assembly after installation. The build quality and finish of the same is way better than the stock mirror and a gazillion times better than the Chinese examples sold on ALiExpress. Totally worth the premium paid. Here are a couple of pics of the same. Hope you guys like it.
Attachment 1633964

Attachment 1633968

Cheers

Changed Headunit to the Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 which is long in the tooth now but i got a great deal on the same with my dealer who had one last brand new set with him at the time. Dad also wanted something with Navigation Built-In so this was a decent choice. Some pics below.
Attachment 1633980

Attachment 1633981

Attachment 1633982

Attachment 1633983

Attachment 1633984

Cheers
Great upgrades. Could you please share the price for the Philadelphia. It sure looks like a value for money upgrade.

Also I just noticed that your front roof light cluster is pretty neat. Is this the standard fitment on Polo or did you upgrade it. I just bought a Polo GT and it has a plain looking single lamp roof light.
Old 30th April 2017, 14:27   #4632
BHPian

Quote:
At last, after a couple of failed attempts, I was able to place the order for the discs in Tarox site. They have SMS OTP based purchase and the OTP never arrived during the first two attempts. Hope the discs arrive without any hassles. Fingers crossed!
How much did it cost including transaction charges and shipping ? Also which model is your GT ?
Old 30th April 2017, 16:02   #4633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
How much did it cost including transaction charges and shipping ? Also which model is your GT ?
Cost 338 Euros including shipping. Yet to check the value in INR. I think it should be close to 24K. My GT is 2015 manufactured.
Old 30th April 2017, 17:03   #4634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
I was expecting, since they have made a bit of noise with the launch of the GT Sports version, there will be new specs available in the website. So far I do not see any change in their website which still features 15" wheels and a GC of 165mm. This is height of unprofessionalism, regardless how good the car is.
Quite true and not expected from the Germans who are meticulous when it comes to technical data. Increase of near 9mm increase in GC (if they just went to 195/55 R16 keeping everything else the same) doesn't help the dynamics of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
My advice will be to stick to normal (BS4 compliant if possible) fuel and notice the results.
Every fuel station across the country will be selling only BS4 fuel since April 2017.

Quote:
As my Brembo red pads are almost worn out (just after 8K kilometers), I am thinking of putting the stock pads and wait for the EBC yellow stuff pads to be released by this year's end.
I believe the life of your Brembo pads were affected by using it along with the inferior stock TVS-Brakes-India rotors. Our is doing good (paired with brembo rotors also) at 20k, and with the observed wear rate, it should last twice as the OE Brakes-India set did.

I would recommend to use something better than the stock pads to enjoy the benefits of Tarox rotors. With respect to components than be changed out easily, better braking is always the right mix of tyres+pads+rotors.
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 17:16   #4635
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
I believe the life of your Brembo pads were affected by using it along with the inferior stock TVS-Brakes-India rotors. Our is doing good (paired with brembo rotors also) at 20k, and with the observed wear rate, it should last twice as the OE Brakes-India set did.
Yes. That could be true. Maybe the pads would have lasted long with Brembo rotors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
I would recommend to use something better than the stock pads to enjoy the benefits of Tarox rotors. With respect to components than be changed out easily, better braking is always the right mix of tyres+pads+rotors.
I am still on the lookout for better pads. As the Brembo reds lasted just 8K kilometers, I wanted to try something else. I wanted to get EBC yellow stuff pads, but these are not available in type-2 which fit the GT.

So I have the following options: Go for Brembo red pads again, Brembo black pads which are metallic which provide better braking, but could wear out the rotors faster than the red pads, or there is a new option EBC ultimax pads. Reading reviews, the ultimax pads are OE replacement pads which are better than the OE pads.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed