Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2017, 15:07   #4711
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
3.5 L for a 2 year old car is a great deal!
Only 12.5K in 2 years that too for a car which is bought to be driven! Check why.
2015 and Chennai kind of ring a bell. Double and triple check if the car was submerged during the floods.

I own a late 2015 model and not had any DSG issues. Mine has done 25K and been thru remote places in MH/Goa and numerous highway trips. Its mostly used as a highway car with 3 days a week commutes.

Do remember that CC/Folding mirrors and Cooled glove box was added somewhere around August time frame. Cars before that may not have those features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
3.5 lakhs for a 2015 Polo TSI is insanely cheap. Something is definitely wrong somewhere. Please check in great detail.

On dsg issues, nothing has really changed from the time of release. VW says issues are sorted, but they have been some issues reported. So there is no guarantee that there will not be any issue. It is a risk one has to take when buying a TSI dsg.

But once again, 3.5 lakhs sounds fishy.

Edit: Good point on the flood damage by freedom above. High chances. No way anyone would sell a issue free TSI for 3.5 lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Steer clear of this car. My 2015 GT TSI has done 20k and I would never sell it for even 6 lakhs, let alone 3.5.

There is obviously something wrong with it. My guess is that it's a flood-damaged car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Curious. If there is something wrong, why would someone sell the car at a price that screams something wrong? Wouldn't a seller either try to cover up and get full price, or state up-front, half-price because z, y, and z.

At that price, I guess one could afford a new gearbox if necessary. I wonder if the car is still under [extended] warranty?

One thing for certain: your colleague should get (and the seller agree to) a checkover by an independent engineer. I would always do this, even if buying from a trusted, known person.
Guys, thanks all for the quick reply. Apologies for wasting your time. All of you have raised flags and rightly so. This has turned out to be a scam. My colleague saw this ad on Carwale and responded to it. This is the ad link https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...k=25&isP=false

When he called on the number he was asked to contact by mail. He then sent a mail about his willingness to do a TD today evening.
Guess what the reply mail has all the elements of a typical scam. Pasted below in the scammer's own words:

"I'M WORKING HERE IN CANADA High Commission EMBASSY . AM SELLING OF MY CAR BECAUSE THEY ARE TRANSFER ME BACK TO MY COUNTRY.
AM GOING BACK WITH MY FAMILY FIRST I HAVE TO GIVE YOU INVITATION LETTER BECAUSE WITHOUT INVITATION OUR SECURITY WILL NOT PERMIT
ANY ONE TO VISIT OUR EMBASSY. SO FIRST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED YOU HAVE TO PAY 10% OF THE MONEY IN MY SECRETARY BANK ACCOUNT FOR ME TO BE SURE THAT YOU ARE INTERESTING TO BUY MY CAR BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE ARE CALLING ME FOR THIS CAR AND I CAN'T ABLE TO INVITE EVERYONE THAT CALL ME. AFTER YOU PAY THE 10% I WILL SEND YOU INVITATION LETTER TO YOUR EMAIL SO THAT CAN USE IT TO VISIT OUR EMBASSY FOR CHECKING THE CAR. NOW IF YOU ARE READY TO BUY MY CAR YOU GET BACK TO ME AND WHEN YOU COME TO MEET ME IN MY OFFICE IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY CAR I REFUNDED YOU BACK YOUR MONEY IMMEDIATE

Address Suite 205, Hotel Park Hyatt, 39 Velachery Road, Near Raj Bhavan, Chennai, 600032"

Once again sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the advice.

Mods delete this post if not suitable for this thread.
rajivr1612 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 15:11   #4712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys, thanks all for the quick reply. Apologies for wasting your time. All of you have raised flags and rightly so. This has turned out to be a scam. My colleague saw this ad on Carwale and responded to it.
Woow! What a scam!
I think you should report this to carwale and may be even put a tweet out to local police to check on the guy.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 15:13   #4713
BHPian

Sometimes, after being stuck in a long traffic jam, my GT Tsi starts jerking when shifting from D3 to D4 and also the right side of the transmission tunnel heats up, not much but a little.Is this behaviour normal?Anyone else who has observed the same?
Old 1st August 2017, 17:03   #4714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guess what the reply mail has all the elements of a typical scam. Pasted below in the scammer's own words:

"I'M WORKING HERE IN CANADA High Commission EMBASSY . AM SELLING OF MY CAR BECAUSE THEY ARE TRANSFER ME BACK TO MY COUNTRY.
AM GOING BACK WITH MY FAMILY FIRST I HAVE TO GIVE YOU INVITATION LETTER BECAUSE WITHOUT INVITATION OUR SECURITY WILL NOT PERMIT
ANY ONE TO VISIT OUR EMBASSY. SO FIRST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED YOU HAVE TO PAY 10% OF THE MONEY IN MY SECRETARY BANK ACCOUNT FOR ME TO BE SURE THAT YOU ARE INTERESTING TO BUY MY CAR BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE ARE CALLING ME FOR THIS CAR AND I CAN'T ABLE TO INVITE EVERYONE THAT CALL ME. AFTER YOU PAY THE 10% I WILL SEND YOU INVITATION LETTER TO YOUR EMAIL SO THAT CAN USE IT TO VISIT OUR EMBASSY FOR CHECKING THE CAR. NOW IF YOU ARE READY TO BUY MY CAR YOU GET BACK TO ME AND WHEN YOU COME TO MEET ME IN MY OFFICE IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY CAR I REFUNDED YOU BACK YOUR MONEY IMMEDIATE
Oh well, there goes that unbelievable bargain! Suggest that you reply to him suggesting that he learns to write proper Canadian before trying this again!

And yes, report to Carwale.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:00   #4715
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, thanks all for the quick reply. Apologies for wasting your time. All of you have raised flags and rightly so. This has turned out to be a scam. My colleague saw this ad on Carwale and responded to it. This is the ad link https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...k=25&isP=false...
You should totally check out team bhp classified I'm sure there's a tsi up for sale somewhere.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd August 2017 at 09:59. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability :)
DanishP9797 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:43   #4716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishP9797 View Post
You should totally check out team bhp classified I'm sure there's a tsi up for sale somewhere.
It is actually tough to find a good used Polo TSI. A friend of mine has been looking out for one for quite some time now. Since it is not a volume seller, the numbers out there are limited. The buyer base also is a niche group well aware of the goods and bads of the car and highly unlikely to sell unless they are relocating or are having a highly problematic ownership experience.

On top of that, a new TSI is now well upward of 11lakh OTR in most states. So there is a large buyer base for preowned.

Having said that , things may change a bit starting this year as the extended warranty starts expiring for the 2013 cars. More owners may start selling to avoid dsg hassles post warranty. Prices may also come down.
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:26   #4717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
This is correct, I confirmed from my Volkswagen dealer today. Apparently the GT-Sports was introduced only for a limited time. I guess it was there from late April 2017 till perhaps June. The kit was for Rs. 27000/- and included the black roof, side stickers, a different rear spoiler and the Faux leather seat covers.

I was one of the unlucky few who got short-changed since they had removed the rear spoiler in April (Just before GT-Sports launch) when I took delivery. I am furious with them now as I saw that new GT TSI's again come with the rear spoiler. I have escalated this as a case of rampant discrimination with VW and waiting to hear back. You can't have the one distinguishing part of the GT-TSI removed and then added again at your whims and fancies. Especially when there was no price reduction when they removed the part.

As of today, the GT-TSI is back to the usual spec. It now comes with the Standard Black Rear Spoiler, 16 inch wheels and fabric upholstery. It even costs less than earlier due to GST benefits being passed on to customers.
I am happy to report that today I got a new spoiler free of charge by VW. After making my point clear VW agreed to provide me with a Rear Spolier for my GT-TSI at no charge. I received the Spoiler that was part of the Sport Kit. Many thanks to the ASC and VW for their courtesy and consideration. I am glad they took my feedback constructively.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 06:16   #4718
Senior - BHPian

I think VW is changing for the better. Willing to listen to the customer these days. Their sales experience is revamped and product upgrades are really strong. I have the TSI in my sights.
Old 7th August 2017, 12:20   #4719
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I'm on a hunt for a second car for my wife, the only and primary requirement is it need to be an automatic transmission.
We have decided to go with either Polo GT TSI or Honda City V CVT. We are looking for a sparingly used one since we wish to retain it for another 3 ~ 4 years. We came across a 2014 GT TSI with 7K in the odometer. The quoted price is 7.95 lakhs, how much should I ask for if the vehicle is fair and good?
Also how do I get a 3 person to verify the vehicle? The vehicle is in Bangalore.
Looking forward for your comments.
Cheers!
Old 7th August 2017, 21:43   #4720
Senior - BHPian

To be honest the car should cost half, after 3 years of use. But since it is a rare car in the used market, I think you'd be happy to get it for around 6.5 Lakh all in. Do check if it has extended warranty till 2018 or not. You could ask for the service history of the car, being low run, it should have been sent to the service center at least once a year.
Old 8th August 2017, 00:04   #4721
BHPian

Any Polo GT TSI offers ongoing?

I'm kind of zeroing in on Polo GT TSI. The sales folks are kind of stubborn about the pricing and claim they aren't giving anything out since the launch, whereas they have offers ongoing for other variants of Polo (upto 50K!!). Figo is the other car I have been pursuing. Claims by the sales folks - is that true? Anyone came across a good offer on Polo GT TSI recently? Thanks in Advance!
Old 8th August 2017, 00:15   #4722
Senior - BHPian

Re: Any Polo GT TSI offers ongoing?

There have never been any offers ever on Polo GT TSi till date. Apparently VW's margins are razor thin on it. All I could do is get around 3.5k corporate discount and free mats/mudflaps etc and zero dep insurance at the same cost. I have heard the same from other buyers too.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 01:14   #4723
BHPian

Hi Guys,
We purchased the GT TSI recently, towards end of July. In Hyderabad, it costed around 10.79L onroad. This includes extended warranty, optional accessories, zero dep insurance , RSA etc.
For reference, when I first visited around mid July, it was 10.78 onroad mentioned on the price list and didn't include any optionals. So the dealer gave a discounted price i.e 10.66L including zero dep, RSA, mudflaps+doormats. I got the extended warranty separately for ~13.5k

This was at PPS Motors Somajiguda.
Pacifier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 06:06   #4724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Hello Folks,

I'm on a hunt for a second car for my wife, the only and primary requirement is it need to be an automatic transmission.
We have decided to go with either Polo GT TSI or Honda City V CVT. We are looking for a sparingly used one since we wish to retain it for another 3 ~ 4 years. We came across a 2014 GT TSI with 7K in the odometer. The quoted price is 7.95 lakhs, how much should I ask for if the vehicle is fair and good?
Also how do I get a 3 person to verify the vehicle? The vehicle is in Bangalore.
Looking forward for your comments.
Cheers!
Why a 3 year old GT TSI has run only 7k km is something you need to carefully verify.

It is a rare and in demand car in the used car market.If it an honest and clean car, pretty sure there will be good demand for it. Considering a new TSI now costs upward of 11 Lakhs, If I was selling this car, I would consider something in the 7.5 range as a fair price. (Note: Just my thought, not based on any specific numbers or depreciation considerations). I also think there will be buyers at this listed price too.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 07:57   #4725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Suggest you determine the price you are willing to pay after analysing and comparing it on used car valuation sites such as Orange book value, zigwheels, cartrade etc. These are, however, only indicative and much will depend on the condition of the car. Only 7k on a three year plus old gt tsi sounds fishy. Moreover you are going to miss a number of features that have been added since its introduction in 2014.

Last edited by ampere : 8th August 2017 at 07:59. Reason: Formatted quoted post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks