Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2017, 19:09   #4816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
finally booked a GT TSI today. As expected there were no offers on the car just a free set of floor mats.
Try to get the insurance from outside or ask them to match the insurance price to the quote you get from outside. Also you can get handling charges waived if any.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 17:49   #4817
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Hey guys, I have a four year old GT, which is literally three days out of it's extended warranty. I gave it in for routine servicing today with the only complaint being a screechy, nails on blackboard type noise from the drivers side power window.

They have told me that the power window motor needs to be replaced and are quoting Rs. 12,000 for this! They have also said that a rubber mounting on the front suspension has hardened and needs to be replaced, for which they're quoting another 8,000 bucks!

Is it just me, or are these prices completely ridiculous? In which case, what options do I have? I have asked them about goodwill warranty, which they flat out refused (my SA spoke with the workshop manager).

The car is four years old and has covered a measly 22k km.

Last edited by mango_pal : 3rd October 2017 at 17:51.
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:46   #4818
BHPian

Prices in VW workshops will always seem ridiculous, no doubt on that.
Since your extended warranty period is over, have you enquired from FNG workshops. They might be able to do as good a job.
The cost of the front mounting suspension issue being quoted has more to do with the labour that is involved in fixing the issue, rather than the cost of the rubber mount. If you can manage the spares( or a workable substitute) the overall cost in fixing the two issues would not be more than a quarter of the prices being quoted. Seek advice from a good local workshop.
vkr15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 08:15   #4819
Senior - BHPian

There is a 2 year old GT TSI up for sale near my house. 30k km..
Worth buying? What should I look for specifically in a used TSI?

Plan to get it scanned. Is there something that I should be looking for?

What symptoms on the dsg make the car a no-no?
Old 4th October 2017, 11:14   #4820
Senior - BHPian

The beauty of the DQ 200 DSG is that when it is smooth, it is s-moooooo-th. No one can know whats wrong with it till you live with it.

Check the service history for any complaints on DSG reported by the owner and any work such as software updates, oil change, clutch work, etc. has been carried out or not?

Since its a fairly low run car, don't think it would have any issues. IF the owner has used it on track for a fair bit, I'd stay away.

Used GT TSI demand a very high price, close to 7-8 Lakh last what I heard, its better to just go with a new one at that price.

If you anyways do go ahead with the buy, do it only after checking the above, and also check if he has opted for extended warranty as it can be crucial for DSG issues.
Old 4th October 2017, 12:59   #4821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
They have also said that a rubber mounting on the front suspension has hardened and needs to be replaced, for which they're quoting another 8,000 bucks!
Can you please ask for the breakup(Cost of the part and the labor)?

Better quality mounts are available for $40 in https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...16555ecs01akt/.
Gannu has already installed these in his car.
shetty_rohan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 16:46   #4822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Can you please ask for the breakup(Cost of the part and the labor)?

Better quality mounts are available for $40 in https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...16555ecs01akt/.

Gannu has already installed these in his car.

Any such mountings are covered under warranty and extended warranty. Read the warranty booklet and make the dealer also read it. It will be a fight but it's your right.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 09:19   #4823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Any such mountings are covered under warranty and extended warranty. Read the warranty booklet and make the dealer also read it. It will be a fight but it's your right.
The car is over 4 years old, out of extended warranty.
Old 5th October 2017, 12:15   #4824
BHPian

Good news!
We had booked our GT TSI - Flash red last month and we should be taking delivery coming week.
This thread has been really helpful in the decision process. The GT is going to be my Wife's car and will be replacing the i10.

Last edited by GTO : 10th October 2017 at 09:07. Reason: No discussions on WhatsApp groups please
Old 5th October 2017, 12:21   #4825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkr15 View Post
The car is over 4 years old, out of extended warranty.

In that case it is highly recommended to go with what VW service is offering you. One of my friend changed the engine mounts to supposed 'OEM LIKE' ones at an FNG and within 24 hours went back to VW and got the original parts.

The problem is that the OEM mounts guarantee best fit, and enough give, otherwise the engine will vibrate uncontrollably and will surely damage something further.

You can always haggle for discounts from VW if your service representative is good.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 13:39   #4826
BHPian

I took delivery of my Red GT TSI yesterday from VW mumbai north (Mody Autocorp kandivali). As soon as i took delivery, it started pouring down in Mumbai (Kandivali). After completing all the formalities I started for my home. Took about 1 hour to reach home (andheri) and it was raining/drizzling continuously. Headlights were on all the time.

I got a shock of my life once i reached home and saw fogging in both headlights. I know that it started raining suddenly but you don't expect fogging in a brand new car. Definitely some QC issue with VW.

I called my sales rep today morning, and as expected he said this happens to all VW cars. I know this is not true. Then he said now i need to go through service centre or CRM of the showroom. I called up the lady who handles customer relations at the showroom, she too said this is normal, I said it is not normal at all. She asked me to keep headlights on for 15-20 min to which i replied "headlights were on for 1 hour or so". She has promised to get back to me.

Now, I understand that sudden rain means increase in humidity and it can cause condensation but my other two skodas never had any fogging issue in 5-6 years since I bought them. Today morning weather is sunny and naturally there is no fog/condensation inside the headlight.
I read in Tata Nexon thread a few days back about similar fogging in his brand new car, wonder what the owner did after that.
Any suggestions as to what can be done, should I wait and watch or raise a complaint immediately.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-delivery-pic.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-fogging-1.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-fogging-2.jpg  

sagpatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 18:28   #4827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Any suggestions as to what can be done, should I wait and watch or raise a complaint immediately.
First of all congratulations on your car. Do purchase the extended warranty 2+2 yrs, goes without saying.

Regarding the condensation issues; there is simple fix which I normally do when it occurs in my Vento.

Step 1: Pop the bonnet
Step 2: Behind the Headlight bulb; there would be a circular rubber cover, which could be loose. Give it a gentle push towards front of car. So that it sits tightly.

Since you have separate beam for Low & High, there would be two cover.

Step 3: The indicator, bulb is fixed in place by rotating the connector either clockwise or anticlockwise (refer manual). See to that it is tightly turned in place.

Step 4: Repeat same for other headlight assembly.

That should resolve the issue. Unless there is a issue in headlight assembly itself, which I doubt.

Refer manual, it should give you clearer picture about headlight assembly.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 23:02   #4828
BHPian

Hey, thanks for your inputs guys.

Thought I'll give this an update. I spoke to a VW manager who was in fact down for an audit and explained my predicament to him.

He heard me out and at the end of my detailed monologue he said he would look into the case personally and asked the service advisor to send him the customer history.

My monologue involved pushing for an inclusion of goodwill warranty and appealed to them on the following grounds:
1. The car was just 3 days out of warranty
2. This is a part that should never go bad. The power window motor failing in four years is not acceptable for me. Besides, the pricing of the part is just stupid
3. I've purchased nearly 25 lakhs worth of VW cars so far, and will probably end up upgrading within the same family. I have huge respect for the cars. Don't make such an ardent VW fan lose faith in the company
4. I've advised a lot of people to buy VW's when they were scouring the market and have convinced them to buy GTs, Ameos, Ventos and Passats (hardly relevant. Just wanted to convey that I love their cars)

I spoke to my service advisor yesterday and they've agreed to replace the part free of charge. It was fairly painless, touch wood.

I do hope that such silly issues don't come up too often. I love my car and intend to keep it for a few more years at the very least. And it really does drive as beautifully as it did on day 1.
mango_pal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 08:28   #4829
BHPian

I think my right fog light bulb has gone kaput. Will VW replace it under warranty? Car is just 11 months old? Also, what's the fog light bulb specification? HB4?

Thanks in advance
Old 10th October 2017, 08:41   #4830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
I think my right fog light bulb has gone kaput. Will VW replace it under warranty? Car is just 11 months old? Also, what's the fog light bulb specification? HB4?

Thanks in advance
Bulbs are not covered under warranty. They fall under the wear and tear components list. Forget VW, no manufacturer will cover it under warranty

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks