Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2017, 08:49   #4831
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Also, what's the fog light bulb specification? HB4?
H8 or H11 .
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 11:50   #4832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
H8 or H11 .
Hey Gannu. Saw your post on switching from LED to halogen bulbs for fogs.
Is the heat aspect still a concern with 55W H11 Philips bulbs? I am thinking of putting these as well. How's the improvement and throw? 20-30% better?
Old 12th October 2017, 10:36   #4833
BHPian

Finally took delivery of our Flash Red GT TSI yesterday. This is going to be my wife's car and shes loving it!!

A couple of points:

- In the latest facelift, VW has quietly removed the spoiler from the GT and it is now part of the GT Sports Kit which they sell for 21k. I was no way getting the whole kit, so negotiated and got just the spoiler. Have to still get it installed, since it needs to be installed with Silicon which is only done at their service center.

- Also the latest Polo has a armrest, but the GT doesn't!! In an AT car, armrest is all the more needed, so again shelled out more money to get it installed at the showroom itself. The prices on aliexpress were also in the same range.

Planning to take some help from fellow bhpian and enable some features through vcds cable.

Sharing the pic taken at delivery:
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_3190.jpg
revved_up is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 11:00   #4834
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car. It is a lovely car and probably the best money can buy in the hatch segment right now. When we took our delivery we had the same problem. We were given no spoiler. Later I saw other cars again coming with the spoiler. Now you are saying they have again stopped it. I wonder what these guys are up to. I also negotiated and got the sports spoiler installed later. How about the Infotainment system, is it the new one with Android Auto support.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 11:09   #4835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Congrats on the new car. It is a lovely car and probably the best money can buy in the hatch segment right now. When we took our delivery we had the same problem. We were given no spoiler. Later I saw other cars again coming with the spoiler. Now you are saying they have again stopped it. I wonder what these guys are up to. I also negotiated and got the sports spoiler installed later. How about the Infotainment system, is it the new one with Android Auto support.
Thanks!
Yes, I have the latest one with Android Auto and Apple Car Play support.

Another thing missing in the GT is the Dual horns!! IIRC, earlier Polo used to come with dual horns, but not anymore!

Can existing owners comment how easy it is to install a dual horn setup? Is it plug and play? I mean, is the wiring for second horn already there? Or is some relay also needed?

Last edited by aah78 : 12th October 2017 at 18:30. Reason: Posts merged. Typos
Old 12th October 2017, 16:21   #4836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Another thing missing in the GT is the Dual horns!! IIRC, earlier polo used to come with dual horns, but not anymore!

Can existing owners comment how easy it is to install a dual horn setup? Is it plug and play? I mean , is the wiring for second horn already there? Or is some relay also

Yes even vento does not have dual horn, just ask service centre to install jetta's horn. It will be plug and play is what i am told. You will be charged around 4k for that horn. And yes armrest and spoiler were not present in my car too which is sept-17 manufactured.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th October 2017 at 00:13. Reason: typo
Old 12th October 2017, 23:46   #4837
BHPian

Quick update.
I got the 2yr service done today. Odo stands at 28K
The only issue I had was kat-kat+kat noise at full steering lock. So they have done some strut lubrication. Apart from this the usual 30K service items. Cost me about 12K. It's not cheap but decent pricing especially when it's a yearly expense.
Service done at BUB Wakad

Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2017 at 17:32. Reason: Typos
freedom is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th October 2017, 09:35   #4838
BHPian

Help needed in procuring GT TSI Spoiler

Hello Friends,

I want to get the spoiler which used to come with the GT just before the Sports kit was launched. Glossy black, integrated one with NO gaps. I will try to attach photos of the spoiler I want.

I tried calling showrooms across the country but they get confused and try to sell the Sports kit one and only a couple of them understood what I am looking for and they are asking upwards of 40K saying it has to ordered from the plant and will take few weeks. That is a crazy amount for a spoiler.

Hence, I need your suggestions about getting one. Where and how to get this spoiler?

Please help!

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20171013-8.12.12-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20171013-8.13.10-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20171013-8.13.24-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by pc1686 : 14th October 2017 at 09:53.
Old 15th October 2017, 13:41   #4839
BHPian

Hello fellow GT owners.

Today when i looked under the car, i saw that there is no engine cover. Is this normal?
I can see nuts on the right side where the engine cover can be screwed in.

I am wondering if this is normal or VW just forgot to install in my car?

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img32151.jpg
Old 15th October 2017, 14:55   #4840
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow GT owners.

Today when i looked under the car, i saw that there is no engine cover. Is this normal?

I am wondering if this is normal or VW just forgot to install in my car?
This is normal. It is called as "Sump Gurad". Polo GT TSi cars does not come with the sump guard. GT TDI comes with the sump guard.

This could be easily fitted in GT TSi, and costs around 10K.

I have got this fitted in my GT TSI.
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 16:54   #4841
BHPian

I know the GT is not something people usually buy for fuel efficiency numbers.
But just for the record, max this much out
Old 15th October 2017, 16:56   #4842
BHPian

Man! 10k is steep! Is it recommended for Normal city usage. The car is mostly driven by my wife for office commute, max 10km daily on better roads. For highways runs we have a Duster AWD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
This is normal. It is called as "Sump Gurad". Polo GT TSi cars does not come with the sump guard. GT TDI comes with the sump guard.

This could be easily fitted in GT TSi, and costs around 10K.

I have got this fitted in my GT TSI.

Last edited by revved_up : 15th October 2017 at 16:58.
Old 15th October 2017, 22:09   #4843
BHPian

Quote:
Man! 10k is steep! Is it recommended for Normal city usage. The car is mostly driven by my wife for office commute, max 10km daily on better roads. For highways runs we have a Duster AWD.
In Bangalore, we have lots of pot holes. In case of under-body hit, it is very easy to damage the sump tank, and I am sure it would be couple of lakhs expense in case of engine seizure.

But, if you are sure about the better road, then you might not need this.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 23:29   #4844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
In Bangalore, we have lots of pot holes. In case of under-body hit, it is very easy to damage the sump tank, and I am sure it would be couple of lakhs expense in case of engine seizure.

But, if you are sure about the better road, then you might not need this.

It's good to have the engine guard irrespective of the city we live in, given the unpredictable nature of our roads and pot holes. This would be very handy when we leave for out station trips and venture to unknown roads. Can't understand why the TSI got a step motherly treatment in this regard when compared to the GT TDI.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 15:22   #4845

Gents of T BHP,

I have been considering a change of car for a while now and really wanted a powerful automatic. After much deliberation and also a minor accident in traffic, I am keen on a small powerful hatch.

I live in New Delhi, and I recently drove my friend's 2013 GT-TSI, and I thoroughly loved it!

The question now is to buy a new one, and if so how do I get the best deal, pre delivery inspection etc.?

Or should I look for a used one and save some moolah, to put it into making it a better ride?

Please comment and reply!

Most Viewed