Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2017, 09:07   #4891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar.madhavan View Post
Any info on expected MY18 for VW or GT TSI roll out will be helpful.

Thanks

Hey Amar. What I have observed is that there's two separate things. MY18 is also a model year 2018 as well as manufactured year 2018.

Hence you're correct, the model year change happens sooner. For example the Tiguan and Passat are already called MY18 cars. But normally the manufacturing of new cars in a new calendar year, happens only 2-3 months in to the year.

In any case, you shouldn't worry because if you get the car in January 2018, your registration will mention 2018 only, not the date of production.

You might get the MY18 model updates by then too. You really can't tell when VW throws in a few neat upgrades here and there.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 09:54   #4892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
With VW's facelift policy, it is almost certain that this, or some less useful cosmetic special edition, will certainly come. While it is a little frustrating for the recent buyer, I'd say... buy when you're ready, and be glad that you got more than the previous version!
True that. I was very happy when I got one of the first GT TSIs to have R340G system. But now it would be very disheartening to me if newer versions started coming with features like armrest, rear ac vent, reverse parking camera, auto light, DRL etc. These are some of the most anticipated features for GT TSI I suppose.
Old 9th November 2017, 11:11   #4893
BHPian

Has anyone here tried to integrate the reverse camera that comes with Ameo to Polo GT TSI? That is a neat looking camera and would be great if it works with Polo. I am not sure if it is fixed on the license plate light slot or another specific slot for camera itself on Ameo.
Old 9th November 2017, 11:40   #4894
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Has anyone here tried to integrate the reverse camera that comes with Ameo to Polo GT TSI? That is a neat looking camera and would be great if it works with Polo. I am not sure if it is fixed on the license plate light slot or another specific slot for camera itself on Ameo.
Check out Gannu's thread, he has installed a flip camera in the VW logo. The license plate is too low to give a good field of view to the camera.

Also, the dealers do offer reverse camera as an accessory which is drilled in the bumper.
Old 9th November 2017, 12:03   #4895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Check out Gannu's thread, he has installed a flip camera in the VW logo. The license plate is too low to give a good field of view to the camera.

Also, the dealers do offer reverse camera as an accessory which is drilled in the bumper.
Hi, I have already gone through the flip camera mod and that involves some drilling to route the water drain if I'm not wrong. Also, it needs a custom fabricated mount plate. I don't want to drill a hole on the bumper as well. That's why I thought about the Volkswagen original camera that gets installed above the license plate like on Ameo. I have seen bumpers drilled below the plate for camera on Polo and I assume that the field of vision would be slightly improved if the camera is placed above the plate instead.
Old 9th November 2017, 12:19   #4896
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I have already gone through the flip camera mod and that involves some drilling to route the water drain if I'm not wrong. Also, it needs a custom fabricated mount plate. I don't want to drill a hole on the bumper as well. That's why I thought about the Volkswagen original camera that gets installed above the license plate like on Ameo. I have seen bumpers drilled below the plate for camera on Polo and I assume that the field of vision would be slightly improved if the camera is placed above the plate instead.
You can then use the number plate light mounted camera. Its available on aliexpress.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 12:30   #4897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
You can then use the number plate light mounted camera. Its available on aliexpress.
Yes, I have seen that too. My concern was whether it would void the warranty if I used a third party electrical component on the car. The Ameo camera is an official Volkswagen component and if it is listed as being compatible with Polo without any additional drilling, I wouldn't mind paying for it. Also, I understand that this camera works with R340G system.
Old 9th November 2017, 13:20   #4898
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I have seen that too. My concern was whether it would void the warranty if I used a third party electrical component on the car. The Ameo camera is an official Volkswagen component and if it is listed as being compatible with Polo without any additional drilling, I wouldn't mind paying for it. Also, I understand that this camera works with R340G system.
Hi,

Have you made sure that is compatible with the GT without any drilling etc.?

How much is it priced for?

Thanks.
Old 9th November 2017, 13:23   #4899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi,

Thanks.
Hi, that was my original question on the forum; to know if someone has experience in fixing the Ameo reverse camera on GT TSI. I would really like to get one installed if it is compatible.
Old 9th November 2017, 20:30   #4900
BHPian

How does everyone find the door central locking system in the GT? What annoys me is that when any one door is opened, all other doors can be opened from outside thus making the passengers sitting inside insecure. I would rather want that passengers have greater control over this. Is there any way that this can be activated through the vcds?
Old 13th November 2017, 14:40   #4901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
How does everyone find the door central locking system in the GT? What annoys me is that when any one door is opened, all other doors can be opened from outside thus making the passengers sitting inside insecure. I would rather want that passengers have greater control over this. Is there any way that this can be activated through the vcds?
I have never felt insecure due to this, maybe the situation makes a difference. One work around is to immediately lock again from the button on driver's door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi,

If you get it done through authorised service station they will change central console (music system) too and charge about Rs 40k for complete setup. That's the rate I was quoted one year back.
Old 14th November 2017, 10:22   #4902
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, that was my original question on the forum; to know if someone has experience in fixing the Ameo reverse camera on GT TSI. I would really like to get one installed if it is compatible.
I think I got my answer. Today at dealership, I got a chance to check out the Ameo reverse camera. It is fitted in a slot/provision in between the license plate lights. Such a provision is not available on Polo GT, hence fitting Ameo camera on Polo (without some workaround) can be safely ruled out.

Also, I have noticed that the GT TSI on display doesn't spot the chunky black spoiler. The sports version spoiler is available for purchase for Rs. 7700/-
Old 14th November 2017, 13:48   #4903
BHPian

Quote:
Also, I have noticed that the GT TSI on display doesn't spot the chunky black spoiler. The sports version spoiler is available for purchase for Rs. 7700/-
is it? I bought TSI last week (Mfg Oct'17) and it sure has the black spoiler. (again attaching a pic). Is there another type you are referring to? The spoiler on sport is slightly beefier I was told by sales.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20171104_152920.jpg  

Old 14th November 2017, 14:42   #4904
Senior - BHPian

The spoiler is a bit of a mystery. I bought a TSI in April and did not get the OEM spoiler. I did get the 16 inch wheels and rain sensor. Then in August I saw a new TSI which had the OEM spoiler. Now again some people are getting it and some dont. It's anybody's guess as to what's up with VW.
Old 14th November 2017, 15:00   #4905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
is it? I bought TSI last week (Mfg Oct'17) and it sure has the black spoiler. (again attaching a pic). Is there another type you are referring to? The spoiler on sport is slightly beefier I was told by sales.
I'm referring to the black spoiler on your vehicle. It was not there on the display vehicle or the cars meant for getting delivered. The sport version spoiler has a curved appearance from rear as compared to the flat appearance of regular one. Also, looking at the design, sport model spoiler should have air channel/gap after fixing (not sure about it though).

Most Viewed