Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2017, 05:39   #4906
BHPian

Ordering some lights for my GT TSI

Hello Friends,

I want to order some lights for my GT including but NOT limited to Osram NightBreaker's. What is the exact specification and model for Osram's without changing the output?

Also, I want to order fog lamp bulbs, tail light bulbs ( saw one post on this thread and the tail lights looked so cool). Please suggest the name, model, specifications etc.

Also, any other lights you want me to change for a lovely look. Which other lights (interiors or exteriors can be changed)?

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Old 16th November 2017, 15:15   #4907
BHPian

Re: Ordering some lights for my GT TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hello Friends,

Also, any other lights you want me to change for a lovely look. Which other lights (interiors or exteriors can be changed)?

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks.

Thanks.
I had bought Philips Xtreme Vision lights for my car and they work very well - has improved the visibility to a large extent with a more whitish light. However, mine is the older GT with a different headlamp setup so you'll have to get the H4 lights (if I'm not mistaken)

Multiple things that you can do. Go through some of the GT threads on the forum by robimahanta, gannu_1, drpudhi, graaja and many others - they've done significant changes to change the look of the car. Some of the inexpensive mods without having to change wiring that you can do off the top of my head,
  1. Change your interior cabin lighting system to the one found in the Jetta (dual light system)
    Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-maxresdefault.jpg
  2. Add LED bulbs - Number plate lights, Fog lights, boot light, cabin lights, pilot lamps. These consume lesser power and look much better and brighter
  3. One of the members had modded the indicator light to have black coating
  4. You can change the headlight switch to make it look like the one in the new Mk 7 Golf
    Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-download.jpg

Again, go through the above threads and you'll find innumerable mods to make your car look better. Many of these are available on Alibaba - the threads should give you more ideas about the sellers. I spend very little my time with my car owing to travel and wish I could do all of these :(

Good luck!
aditya9567 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 00:54   #4908
BHPian

GT TSI paddle shifters wheel: Where to buy from?

Hello,

As per gcptuning, only the RLine steeting comes with red backlighting BUT the downer is that it has cruise control buttons on the wheel. RLine has red stiching and is same as the GTI one but with red backlighting and cruise control buttons on the wheel. Does dead buttons make a difference as they won't work as we have cruise control on stalk? What do you think?

I am really confused what do? I do NOT want dead buttons on my new car.

Where else can I check? GTI wheel comes with white backlighting and I want red backlighting.

Please help where can I get a steering without cruise control on steering? Does anyone has a steering with red backlighting and NO CC controls on the steering?

Which other vendor or website to try? Would you guys be kind enough to help find this for me?

Many Thanks in advance.
Old 17th November 2017, 07:20   #4909
BHPian

Re: GT TSI paddle shifters wheel: Where to buy from?

Quote:

Which other vendor or website to try? Would you guys be kind enough to help find this for me?

Many Thanks in advance.
You can try vwrtuning on ebay. I got it from him - mine is a GTI wheel with no cruise control buttons but with white backlight. The guy's name is Rick and is based out of Mexico, very nice to deal with and is pretty knowledgeable.

Also, white backlighting doesn't look all that bad, you can actually consider going for it. It is a nice departure from the red buttons all around

Last edited by aditya9567 : 17th November 2017 at 07:21.
aditya9567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 08:31   #4910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
You can try vwrtuning on ebay. I got it from him - mine is a GTI wheel with no cruise control buttons but with white backlight. The guy's name is Rick and is based out of Mexico, very nice to deal with
Thanks for the reply, Aditya. The guy you mentioned is NOT replying from many months and his eBay store has ONLY 5-6 items.Do you have his number by any chance?

Where else can I buy from?

I have liked a steering with red backlights BUT it has cruise control buttons on the wheel which obviously wouldn't work. Do you think it's a non-issue?

Please help me find another place to buy from. Thanks again
Old 17th November 2017, 09:39   #4911
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, Aditya. The guy you mentioned is NOT replying from many months and his eBay store has ONLY 5-6 items.Do you have his number by any chance?

Where else can I buy from?

I have liked a steering with red backlights BUT it has cruise control buttons on the wheel which obviously wouldn't work. Do you think it's a non-issue?

Please help me find another place to buy from. Thanks again
Nope, we had communicated over ebay only, unsure why he isn't responding. I know of only two sellers , gcp tuning and vwrtuning outside India. You can try vagtune in India if you're that particular about red backlights, but they will definitely be more expensive.

Wrt the CC buttons, again not very sure if that will have any impact - my uneducated guess is that they will be dummy buttons. Even on my non CC wheel, I have dummy buttons which are the ones to switch MID functions (mine is a pre FL FL FL FL FL GT - the first lot ).

My suggestion would be to go ahead with gcptuning's GTI wheel because again, white lights compliment the interior well (you have white+red on your speedo as well).

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Old 20th November 2017, 23:47   #4912
BHPian

Will this steering wheel work with my brand NEW GT TSI

Hello.

Need suggestions from people who have researched on steering wheels with paddles for GT TSI.

I want to know whether this will fit and work flawlessly with my NEW GT TSI

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-VW-Volk...-/282565987561

The seller is NOT very helpful in making me understand this.

Also need your opinion, whether to buy this one or the GTI one? Will GTI MK7 fit and work fine on the TSI?

Thanks a lot.
Old 21st November 2017, 12:54   #4913
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I have fixed a set of black colour door moulding/garnish from the dealer, for a cost of Rs.2,400/-

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-vw_polo_gttsi_doormoulding.jpg
Old 21st November 2017, 14:17   #4914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
I have fixed a set of black colour door moulding/garnish from the dealer, for a cost of Rs.2,400/-
Wow. Usually, stick-on bits and pieces are an eyesore, but this looks very tasteful and enhances the look of the car. Nicely done!

Is this a VW part? Does it also provide protection against door-opening bumps?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 14:42   #4915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Thank you. Yes, it is a genuine Volkswagen accessory listed on their website; but rarely available with the dealers. I received a call from the dealer after a month of placing the order with them.

The sales people do call it door protector even though it is mentioned as "garnish" on the web catalogue. It provides protection from vertical objects of sufficient hight; like that pillar in my picture.
Turbopetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 00:17   #4916
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Yes, Polo is one of those cars where these strips are actually fit at the perfect position, which is the most raised part of the door, i.e. it almost guards against all bumps, including any other car's front door (the rear doors will still hit, because their contact area is higher).

These strips are so perfectly placed that the edges of these things even help with your door when you open it against a wall or another car.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 13:20   #4917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
This person has paddle shift installed with upgraded steering wheel, which was cited as the reason.
DSG failure was not covered under warranty due to paddles? I know cases where DSG was replaced even with a custom free flow exhaust. As far as I'm aware if you stay away from a remap you will get DSG covered under warranty.
Old 24th November 2017, 13:41   #4918
BHPian

Hi All, need your expert comments here.

Upon getting too much annoyed with the super heavy steering in my GT TSI, I did a quick back-to-back test with a friend's Polo petrol MT.
I was surprised to find the steering in that car was much lighter!

Now that makes me think why my car steering is considerably heavier ?

1. Is it because in GT TSI it is deliberately done it that way?

Or

2. More plausibly, is it the new R16 wheels that are causing this? My friend's car had R15.

Can somebody help me understand if this is expected and if there is any way I can fix it? I really want a light steering.

P.S. - Already checked and ruled out the wheel alignment and balancing problems..

Last edited by penpavan : 24th November 2017 at 14:05.
Old 24th November 2017, 13:49   #4919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hi All, need your expert comments here.

Upon getting too much annoyed with the super heavy steering in my GT TSI, I did a quick back-to-back test with a friend's Polo petrol MT.
I was surprised to find the steering in that car was much lighter!

Now that makes me think why my car steering is considerably heavier ?

1. Is it because in GT TSI it is deliberately done it that way?

Or

2. More plausibly, is it the new R16 wheels that are causing this? My friend's car had R15.

Can somebody help me understand if this is expected and if there is any way I can fix it? I really want a light steering.
Frankly, i am not aware if the steering mechanicals are different in GT and non GT models.
However, to start with, you should check:

- Wheel allignment - Although it is highly unlikely that allignment will be out on a new car(since you said you have R16 wheels). Neverthless, you should get it checked and might also try to take it to ASC and complain about heavy steering and make them check it for free

- Maintain correct tyre pressure: Higher the pressue, lighter the steering.

My 2 cents.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 15:24   #4920
BHPian

I found another user in the automotiveindia forum mentioning about the heavy steering.

Quote-

2017 Polo GT TSI- The most significant change of this years model (thus far) is that the car runs on 195/55 R16 size tyres. This is bigger than the earlier 185/60/R15 and increases the ground clearance slightly as well.So the ride quality feels a little 'heavier' and grippier on the road. This is also accentuated by the steering, which feels a tad heavy (or is it because its still new, I dont know). In fact, when kept in its default telescopic state (pushed forward), it feels almost like a hydraulic power steering!. When I adjusted it to pull it towards the chest recently, it felt a bit lighter. Heavy steering is good, in my opinion, because it complements the power and dynamics of this car. In comparision the test drive car (2015 model) felt much lighter.

-Unquote

source: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...et-rocket.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks