Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2017, 15:42   #4921
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Finally the volkswagen website is updated with latest info on the models. All the silent updates are now officially documented.
Old 24th November 2017, 16:59   #4922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Finally the volkswagen website is updated with latest info on the models. All the silent updates are now officially documented.
I wonder why the feature of opening/closing all windows using keyfob is not mentioned in the features list! It is such a useful feature that I always use.
Turbopetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 18:53   #4923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
I wonder why the feature of opening/closing all windows using keyfob is not mentioned in the features list! It is such a useful feature that I always use.
That feature is removed from latest VW cars IIRC.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 18:56   #4924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
My GT TSI is an August 2017 model one (took delivery on Sep 2017) and it has that feature! Was that feature removed recently?
Old 24th November 2017, 18:58   #4925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What???
I love this feature and use it often!!!

This one and the other related feature - one touch glass up and down on all 4 windows. Can't live without these.
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 19:07   #4926
BHPian

Quote:

In my oct 2017 gt tsi, it’s still there.
What’s the source of your info?
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 19:14   #4927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hi All, need your expert comments here.

Upon getting too much annoyed with the super heavy steering in my GT TSI, I did a quick back-to-back test with a friend's Polo petrol MT.
I was surprised to find the steering in that car was much lighter!

Can somebody help me understand if this is expected and if there is any way I can fix it? I really want a light steering.

P.S. - Already checked and ruled out the wheel alignment and balancing problems..
I've owned both the Polo (P) Highline and the GT TSI (both purchased new). The experience of heavy steering in the TSI (with 16 in rims) has never been an issue with me. In fact now that you've brought it up I will be more conscious of this while driving. Thus far I've always felt that the steering in the TSI is lighter( or maybe the same) than the Polo Highline. I guess I must be missing something here.
Since you've alluded to super stiff steering in the TSI, it may be a good idea to have the steering system checked and all parts well lubricated. Just a thought.
vkr15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 20:18   #4928
BHPian

As quoted in the other comment, the steering turns evidently lighter if you pull it up towards you (reach adjust)
But is the hardest when fully pushed away from you.
However, even with fully pulled up towards you, it isn't as light as with 15inch rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkr15 View Post
I've owned both the Polo (P) Highline and the GT TSI (both purchased new). The experience of heavy steering in the TSI (with 16 in rims) has never been an issue with me. In fact now that you've brought it up I will be more conscious of this while driving. Thus far I've always felt that the steering in the TSI is lighter( or maybe the same) than the Polo Highline. I guess I must be missing something here.
Since you've alluded to super stiff steering in the TSI, it may be a good idea to have the steering system checked and all parts well lubricated. Just a thought.
Old 24th November 2017, 20:58   #4929
Distinguished - BHPian

In both of my polos (Current: GT TDI) heavy steering is the tyre pressure alert! And remember that the specified pressures are for when cold.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 09:38   #4930
BHPian

Quoting from Mobike's official review
"On the other hand, the power steering spoils the enthusiast recipe. It’s light at 0 kph parking speeds, and stays light all through city speeds. The steering is a zero effort unit really. Problem is, when cruising at a 100 kph, I found the steering lighter than I’d have liked. The PS is fairly accurate, but don't expect any feedback. You’ll never know what the front tyres are up to."
Really can't figure out how the reach and rake adjustment could alter the characteristics of steering. Perhaps some expert could explain it better.
Old 25th November 2017, 11:51   #4931
BANNED

In my experience, the steering on my polo gt (205) is lighter than in my dad's Ameo tdi DSG (205). The Ameo feels like a proper truck with the heavy steering. Same brand of tires and same air pressure yet there's a Stark difference.
Don't know what to do to solve it than to just live with it. Even the Innova Crysta steering is lighter than the ameos.
One thing you can try is getting the suspension mounts greased at the service center. That should make a teeny bit better.
Old 25th November 2017, 15:02   #4932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkr15 View Post
Really can't figure out how the reach and rake adjustment could alter the characteristics of steering. Perhaps some expert could explain it better.
No, in my experience it doesn't, and hasn't on any car I have driven.

If not tyre pressure, something must be faulty. Tyre pressure should be set according to VW recommendations, which, if I remember rightly, depend on loading. I have not looked at the body sticker or the manual for this for a long time: I just remember the number I need for my usage, which is 33.

We should never let the tyres deflate to the point where it becomes obvious from the steering; we should check regularly, and, preferably when the tyres are cold. I'm telling myself this, as I often forget. Hence I am very familiar with the effect on steering
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 15:49   #4933
BHPian

Yes sir, too weird to be true, but it is.
Verified multiple times. Even I wasn't aware but the other post I quoted earlier helped me discover this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
No, in my experience it doesn't, and hasn't on any car I have driven.
Old 25th November 2017, 17:28   #4934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Yes sir, too weird to be true, but it is.
Hmm... I don't remember what he told me were the symptoms, but the original buyer of my GT TDI had the steering column replaced under warranty when the car was new. It is a couple of years old now, so it may not be relevant to your vehicle.

I'd forgotten that. Sounds like you do indeed need to get your steering components checked.
Old 25th November 2017, 17:36   #4935
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
What???
I love this feature and use it often!!!

This one and the other related feature - one touch glass up and down on all 4 windows. Can't live without these.
Pretty sure it may have been disabled in the BCM. Can't be removed or discontinued. I've seen a few cars with the lock/unlock horn enabled whilst parked at the showroom.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks