Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2017, 19:14   #4936
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
My GT TSI is an August 2017 model one (took delivery on Sep 2017) and it has that feature! Was that feature removed recently?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
What???
I love this feature and use it often!!!

This one and the other related feature - one touch glass up and down on all 4 windows. Can't live without these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
In my oct 2017 gt tsi, it’s still there.
What’s the source of your info?
It was there in first gen vento. I tried the same on first gen TSI it wasnt working. I thought they have removed the feature, maybe they have got it back in later models.
Old 26th November 2017, 17:14   #4937
Team-BHP Support

Quick update we got the car back on Friday, Mechatronic was replaced under goodwill warranty. Had to pay only for oil and labor which came to about 3.5k. Phew! Hope she runs fine for another year atleast.

Polo TSI mechatronic is 73k as per bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
DSG failure was not covered under warranty due to paddles? I know cases where DSG was replaced even with a custom free flow exhaust. As far as I'm aware if you stay away from a remap you will get DSG covered under warranty.
This was also turned around after lot of up and downs with dealer and VW, finally paid only labor and some such.
Jaggu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 19:27   #4938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Quick update we got the car back on Friday, Mechatronic was replaced under goodwill warranty. Had to pay only for oil and labor which came to about 3.5k. Phew! Hope she runs fine for another year atleast
My compliments, Just goes to show VW is not so heartless after all. Gives a little more confidence and assurance to other VW owners.
Cheers.

Last edited by theMAG : 27th November 2017 at 06:43. Reason: Quote fixed.
vkr15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 02:30   #4939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hope she runs fine for another year atleast.
I guess you will get two year warranty after the replacement. My friend who replaced the whole unit was updated the same by VW dealer, though it was not under warranty and cost him 160k.
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 10:34   #4940
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkr15 View Post
My compliments, Just goes to show VW is not so heartless after all. Gives a little more confidence and assurance to other VW owners.
Cheers.
Absolutely this brings lot of reassurance to us owners. Only thing i wish the dealers are given an internal circular to treat this job on warranty for normal claims and not put owners through all the pain. I would be even willing to pay a nominal amount as extended warranty for another two years for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
I guess you will get two year warranty after the replacement. My friend who replaced the whole unit was updated the same by VW dealer, though it was not under warranty and cost him 160k.
Maybe since he was charged the full bill, this being goodwill, need to see how it pans out. We are still in double mind to retain the car, if something worthwhile pops up in next one year or so, will let go.

Hard fact it is a great car for city driving, and fun one at that.
Old 27th November 2017, 15:36   #4941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
It was there in first gen vento. I tried the same on first gen TSI it wasnt working. I thought they have removed the feature, maybe they have got it back in later models.
Mine is 1st gen GT TSI and the feature is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Pretty sure it may have been disabled in the BCM. Can't be removed or discontinued. I've seen a few cars with the lock/unlock horn enabled whilst parked at the showroom.

Yes these features are configurable from VAG-COM, I think.
Old 27th November 2017, 16:35   #4942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Mine is 1st gen GT TSI and the feature is working.
One of my friends has first gen TSI and it doesnt work in his car.
Old 28th November 2017, 08:40   #4943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
One of my friends has first gen TSI and it doesnt work in his car.
I have a first gen may 2013 TSI and works completely fine in my car. No problems till date - love the feature. Car parked on a Sunny day and you need to open all windows in one go from outside before you get in. Voila!
Old 28th November 2017, 09:14   #4944
BHPian

Folks,

I got a call from VW dealer here in BLR and asked for my 2015 Dec Polo GT TSI to ne brought in for a SW upgrade for the transmission. Was a bit skpetical but still took the car. The process took just about 45 min.
The infamous jerking while downshifting has reduced considerably..I can vouch for that.
Old 28th November 2017, 10:07   #4945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
The infamous jerking while downshifting has reduced considerably..I can vouch for that.
Hi, I haven't noticed this jerking in my Aug 2017 model (D mode) yet. Was it happening to you while manually downshifting? If it was in D mode, then VW has made commendable job in reducing it in 2017 model.
Old 28th November 2017, 12:11   #4946
BHPian

I have a sept 17 model. Jerking is there. you can feel the jerks while downshifting from D4-->D3 and also D3-->D2.
Old 28th November 2017, 13:16   #4947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I have a sept 17 model. Jerking is there. you can feel the jerks while downshifting from D4-->D3 and also D3-->D2.
Thanks for that. To be frank, I haven't even noticed at what gear the vehicle runs since I started driving GT TSI. One instance where I actually noticed the gear was when I switched from D to S mode, the gear switched from 7 to 5.
Turbopetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 21:43   #4948

Hi, my ongoing dilemna is either to buy the Polo GT or Ecosport Titanium + AT. My usage is around 30000KM per year .I do not want to purchase a diesel car due to potential.policy changes in NCR.

Is the Polo GT TSI reliable enough to complete 1 lakh Km without major hiccups? The main concern being the gearbox.

I dont want to be stuck in a situation where after 50k Km i have to get it replaced after just 2 years of buying the car.

Last edited by dushmin : 28th November 2017 at 21:52.
Old 28th November 2017, 22:51   #4949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmin View Post
Hi, my ongoing dilemna is either to buy the Polo GT or Ecosport Titanium + AT.
I test drove Ecosport AT and believe me, it is not at all fun to drive. They claim to have a dual clutch gearbox going by the name DCT, but its nowhere close to DSG. On test driving the Vento TSI, I did not need any other test drive. Polo GT TSI uses the same gear and engine setup, so you can go ahead with it. As far as the reliability is concerned, please go for 2 years extended warranty which will make it a total of 4 years for you.
Old 29th November 2017, 00:01   #4950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmin View Post
Hi, my ongoing dilemna is either to buy the Polo GT or Ecosport Titanium + AT. My usage is around 30000KM per year .I do not want to purchase a diesel car due to potential.policy changes in NCR.

Is the Polo GT TSI reliable enough to complete 1 lakh Km without major hiccups? The main concern being the gearbox.

I dont want to be stuck in a situation where after 50k Km i have to get it replaced after just 2 years of buying the car.
Well, your running is really way up high. I would stay away from the Germans for this type of running. I have two VW cars myself (Vento TSI and Polo), but my running is very limited compared to yours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks