Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2017, 11:19   #5026
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
While cruising on the highway (about 50-60kmph, D mode) if I suddenly floor the pedal for an overtake maneuver, the car takes about a second to respond. That is, the reaction is not instantaneous. After that one second, there is a huge power surge; but then the overtake opportunity might be lost. It is not confidence inspiring to me. Is it how the DSG is supposed to work? Any work around to improve the responsiveness while flooring the pedal while on D mode?
I very rarely use D mode on highways. Always in S. More enjoyable, the delay seen in D mode does not exist, and it is in S6 at 90-100kmph. Mileage also does not drop much. Don't see any real reason to use D in long highway drives.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 17:11   #5027
BHPian

Just returned back from a 1600 Kms road trip to Chitkul

Delhi -> Solan -> Shimla -> Narkanda -> Sarahan -> Kalpa -> Sangla -> Chitkul -> Delhi

Very impressed with how the GT Performed during the trip. The Roads were a combination of extremely smooth stretches, severely broken ones especially near the Karcham dam and very high altitudes. The temperatures in Chitkul were very low (-14 at one point) and the Car performed brilliantly and handled everything we threw at it without breaking a sweat.

Here are a couple of shots from Chitkul

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc0881.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc07952.jpg
aashish_84 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 22:21   #5028
BHPian

Quote:
While cruising on the highway (about 50-60kmph, D mode) if I suddenly floor the pedal for an overtake maneuver, the car takes about a second to respond. That is, the reaction is not instantaneous. After that one second, there is a huge power surge; but then the overtake opportunity might be lost. It is not confidence inspiring to me. Is it how the DSG is supposed to work? Any work around to improve the responsiveness while flooring the pedal while on D mode?
My Vento TSI also exhibits similar behaviour. When I want instant acceleration the engine takes a second or two to respond and then lunges forward. It a bit disconcerting. Some people reported this behaviour after a software update in 2016, which was released to fix gearbox jerking issues.
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:28   #5029
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Since there is no other dedicated TSI thread which I know of, I will post here. Mine is a Vento TSI one year and three months, 28,000 km. Today while on the move there was two or three beeps and message "STOP" was displayed in the space whether gear number is normally displayed. We were in crawling traffic jam at that time. There was three lanes to our left, so it was not possible to stop immediately. There was no other warning light or message. It drove normally. The STOP message went off after sometime. We continued driving normally.

What does this message mean?
Gearbox overheat.
Either stop and turn off
Or
Drive faster than 25 or 40kmhr (exact in manual)
H_Dogg72 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:46   #5030
Senior - BHPian

Came back from my new year holidays and well the Polo battery has gone completely kaput. The car is a year and a half old. VAG oem batteries are just terrible!
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:54   #5031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Came back from my new year holidays and well the Polo battery has gone completely kaput. The car is a year and a half old. VAG oem batteries are just terrible!
My Polo TSi OEM battery is going strong even after 4 years!
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:26   #5032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
My Polo TSi OEM battery is going strong even after 4 years!
What are the makes and models of your batteries?

It may also help if you would let know your driving frequency and typical distance/duration of drives.
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:55   #5033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
What are the makes and models of your batteries?

It may also help if you would let know your driving frequency and typical distance/duration of drives.
Mine has the OEM exide battery. On speaking to few other folks with the same car, it appears lots of folks have had the OEM battery die on them by the second year.

My car was driven daily until I went away for christmas holidays for a couple of weeks. Returned back to see the car battery completely flat with even the central locking not working.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:03   #5034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Gearbox overheat.
Either stop and turn off
Or
Drive faster than 25 or 40kmhr (exact in manual)
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I usually read manuals but this one is common for various models, so there are many information which are not applicable to my model, so I got bored.

There were days when I had driven in far worse traffic jam, in higher ambient temperature and for longer duration of jam. I am quite surprised this message came up on a December afternoon.
Old 5th January 2018, 18:55   #5035
BHPian

After a month of reading and research, I went ahead and booked the 1.2 TSI. Mainly 'cause wife was not ready to settle for anything less, secondly, got a good deal on it since the ASM was a friend.

After much bargaining, got a deal for 10.75 on-road (Bangalore) with extended warranty, return to invoice, Bumper 2 Bumper insurance, RSA, standard accessories.

Added 3 things from showroom Black Side moulding + Armrest + Underbelly protection (sump guard) - Got some 25% off on these too. Overall a good deal.

Stock tyres are crap. MRF ZVTs. Got it changed at MADHUS with Pirelli P7 Cinturato (205/55/16). Will be changing the horn to a Bosch/Skoda one. Philips Extremevision bulbs will go in first thing tomorrow. If that's doesn't suffice, then 90/100s. Bosch wipers will follow in a day or two.

Oh, this batch (november 2017) had black spoilers.

Here are some pics to get started.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180105_114836.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180105_161828.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180105_161854.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180105_161910.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180105_162025.jpg
dextertuned is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 20:31   #5036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextertuned View Post

Added 3 things from showroom Black Side moulding + Armrest + Underbelly protection (sump guard) - Got some 25% off on these too. Overall a good deal.
Congratulations for the new ride. When I bought the car, the dealer didn't have ANY accessory for it. I had to wait for a week to get the car cover and about a month to get the side moulding.

Would you mind telling me how much did it cost for the Sump guard? Is it a direct fit for GT TSI? Also which VW dealer did you choose?
Old 5th January 2018, 22:50   #5037
BHPian

All, would Glysantin G30 be an appropriate coolant for GT TSI?
Old 8th January 2018, 00:06   #5038
BHPian

Just bought the Polo TSI. The car has black side mirrors but the spoiler is body coloured and when did they eliminate the cornering lamps? Mine did not come with cornering lamps.
Old 8th January 2018, 00:30   #5039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Just bought the Polo TSI. The car has black side mirrors but the spoiler is body coloured and when did they eliminate the cornering lamps? Mine did not come with cornering lamps.

Can you please share the pictures of the body coloured spoiler?

Also, in Indian Polo the fog lights perform the function of cornering light. For that, I understand that head lamp should be on and indicator should be engaged which activates fog lamp of that side only (i have not tested it yet) . In Polo models abroad, there are different sets of cornering lights, but in Indian model Polo, that space is unused.

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 8th January 2018 at 00:33.
Old 8th January 2018, 06:21   #5040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
when did they eliminate the cornering lamps? Mine did not come with cornering lamps.
Quote:
Also, in Indian Polo the fog lights perform the function of cornering light. In Polo models abroad, there are different sets of cornering lights, but in Indian model Polo, that space is unused.
This is correct...

Quote:
For that, I understand that head lamp should be on and indicator should be engaged which activates fog lamp of that side only (i have not tested it yet) .
...but this isn't. It's got nothing to do with the indicator. When the headlamps are on, if we turn the steering wheel to any side, fog lamps of the corresponding side lights up. And obviously if the fog lamps are already on, you won't notice any difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks