Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2018, 20:08   #5056
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
I'm afraid that is not the spoiler we are looking at. The GT TSI spoiler is missing on the car. I wanted to confirm what I was thinking; and hence asked for the picture.

Please have a look at this page; post by "asitkde" :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-296.html

The actual spoiler would have been fixed on top of what you considered as spoiler in your picture.
Should I be taking this up with the dealer, especially since VW is notorious in changing the specs every now and then!
Old 8th January 2018, 20:26   #5057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Should I be taking this up with the dealer, especially since VW is notorious in changing the specs every now and then!
There is at least one case in this very thread where VW provided a spoiler from the sport kit (not the usual default one) free of cost. But I believe it won't work this time as starting October - November 2017 models, the spoiler again went missing. You could take it up with them, if they had promised something earlier.
Old 8th January 2018, 20:50   #5058
BHPian

Quote:
There is at least one case in this very thread where VW provided a spoiler from the sport kit (not the usual default one) free of cost. But I believe it won't work this time as starting October - November 2017 models, the spoiler again went missing. You could take it up with them, if they had promised something earlier.
If you check post #5035 on this thread, the Nov 17 Polo has been delivered with a spoiler. I am confused now, I have planned for delivery next week. I hope my stars were aligned at the time of assembly
Old 8th January 2018, 21:02   #5059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
If you check post #5035 on this thread, the Nov 17 Polo has been delivered with a spoiler. I am confused now, I have planned for delivery next week. I hope my stars were aligned at the time of assembly
Yes I have seen that post. But even "lionell" got a Nov2017 model which didn't have the spoiler. Maybe they decided to provide it again during the latter part of the month. I would suggest that you have a word with your SA before the car allotted to you ships, if you really want a spoiler. But I don't know how effective that would be.

Edit: Just noticed that you have planned for the delivery next week, so probably the car is already at the dealer yard.

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 8th January 2018 at 21:04.
Old 8th January 2018, 21:16   #5060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
The dealership did not mention of any spoiler at the time of finalising the car, they did mention that the ORVMs shall be 'sporty black' and that 16" wheels are confirmed.

I guess its a hit or miss with em. I already took the genuine armrest as a freebie from them along with an assured 50% buyback after 4 years.

Considering all of that the spoiler ain't doing me much good, I'd rather have the other sweeter pieces of the pie.
Old 8th January 2018, 21:25   #5061
BHPian

Quote:

I already took the genuine armrest as a freebie from them along with an assured 50% buyback after 4 years.
That is a very good deal! I would pick up the armrest any time over the spoiler. Did they provide the one with cup holder? Even if not, an armrest is very much needed in GT TSI. I had to shell out about 10K to get one fixed.
Old 8th January 2018, 21:51   #5062
BHPian

Quote:
That is a very good deal! I would pick up the armrest any time over the spoiler. Did they provide the one with cup holder? Even if not, an armrest is very much needed in GT TSI. I had to shell out about 10K to get one fixed.
The armrest has a cupholder for the rear passengers, if that is what you mean. I was quoted around 7k for it but I wrote a cheque for the DP in front of them if they would seal the deal with 50% buy back and the armrest (free) and they agreed. Plus they got me the car in a week. Sweet if you ask me.
Old 9th January 2018, 10:26   #5063
BHPian

Quote:
VW has 2 spoilers for the polo. The standard one and the sports one. There is a 27K package, if you purchase that, leatherette seats, sports spoiler and body graphics. However, some dealers are the giving the sports spoiler as standard since certain month batches did not come with spoilers.

Quote:
But even "lionell" got a Nov2017 model which didn't have the spoiler. Maybe they decided to provide it again during the latter part of the month.
Can confirm, October and November batches have the spoiler. Just confirmed with the SA. Older batches did not have it since there was a 'sports kit' being promoted, which had the other spoiler.

Quote:
The dealership did not mention of any spoiler at the time of finalising the car... I guess its a hit or miss with em.
Please request to see the cars at the stockyard on day one. You'll see multiple options:

1. Cars with spoilers
2. Cars without spoilers
3. Cars with Apollo Tyres or MRF Tyres or Goodyear

When I was sure of the car, I went to the stockyard and saw the car, took down the VIN and decoded it. Booked for the same car.

However, if the car is not at the stockyard, please note that the spoiler could be a hit or a miss, depending on what the dealer receives.

Quote:
Did they provide the one with cup holder? Even if not, an armrest is very much needed in GT TSI. I had to shell out about 10K to get one fixed.
Can confirm, my armrest came with a cup holder. Most dealers are quoting around 7k in Bangalore for the armrest. Negotiate and you can get it for 5K.
Old 9th January 2018, 11:10   #5064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextertuned View Post
Can confirm, my armrest came with a cup holder. Most dealers are quoting around 7k in Bangalore for the armrest. Negotiate and you can get it for 5K.
Could you please let know the location of the cup holder? I ask since mine behind the armrest between the rear seats. I wanted to know if there is a model where there is space for a cup holder in the front?
Old 9th January 2018, 11:17   #5065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Could you please let know the location of the cup holder? I ask since mine behind the armrest between the rear seats. I wanted to know if there is a model where there is space for a cup holder in the front?
It's the same. The cupholder is behind the armrest, between the rear seats. Thats the only model from VW.
dextertuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 11:33   #5066
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Thanks, this was very informative. I read in your thread that you were earlier using the switch with light sensor from aliexpress earlier. Have a question regarding that, with that particular switch can coming home/leaving home feature be enabled?
I am guessing not, since the bcm doesnt have control on lights still
Worry not, the auto switch retrofit has both coming home and leaving home light features

This retrofit auto light has it's own controller inside a black box that implements all the control functions.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 11:18   #5067
BHPian

Need a Suggestion!

I intend to give my GT for the 30,000kms service. I had bought this pre-worshipped baby beast few months back. She was was serviced in January 2017 earlier. Currently, no niggles, TOUCHWOOD! However i have read reviews where the DSG has behaved differently after service and hence i want to be very cautious in choosing the workshop.

Based out of Mumbai, i currently have 2 nearby options depending on where i am put up and my workplace. Need suggestions on which is the safer option:

VW Kurla Workshop
VW Andheri East Workshop(Parsi Panchayat Road)

Any positive/negative experiences will be helpful.

PS:- I came across negative reviews on the VW Downtown Mumbai workshop(The VAG factor always looms large at the back of my mind)
Old 10th January 2018, 11:20   #5068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
This retrofit auto light has it's own controller inside a black box that implements all the control functions.
Were these types of Auto light switches with light sensors and controller ever used in factory fresh cars by Volkswagen? In other words, are these switches OEM, or someone else came up with a work around switch assembly design which works with Volkswagen cars?
Old 10th January 2018, 11:48   #5069
BHPian

Quote:
Were these types of Auto light switches with light sensors and controller ever used in factory fresh cars by Volkswagen? In other words, are these switches OEM, or someone else came up with a work around switch assembly design which works with Volkswagen cars?
I dont think it is an OEM switch. This seems like a workaround.

Check this link - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High...ceBeautifyAB=0
Old 10th January 2018, 14:13   #5070
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
These are not OEM (OEM way is to use the BCM). These AliExpress switches have a black box that have some electronics that implement the auto light and coming home/leaving home features. These can fit into Polo and Vento (and maybe the Ameo as well).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks