Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2018, 10:56   #5071
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
Based out of Mumbai, i currently have 2 nearby options depending on where i am put up and my workplace. Need suggestions on which is the safer option:

VW Kurla Workshop
VW Andheri East Workshop(Parsi Panchayat Road)

Any positive/negative experiences will be helpful.

PS:- I came across negative reviews on the VW Downtown Mumbai workshop(The VAG factor always looms large at the back of my mind)
Hi RJ,

I can’t speak for the Kurla workshop as I have had no experience with them, but my experience with the Andheri workshop has been nothing but great. I have visited them for three things:
1. A mirror lens replacement
2. DSG Multiclutch replacement under warranty & purchase of Extended Warranty
3. 2nd year Service.

Prompt service, good SAs and quite transparent in everything. Just be sure to book an appointment well in advance, they have quite a waiting list.

Cheers,
Sid.
sidparekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 11:47   #5072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
2. DSG Multiclutch replacement
Hi Sid, How many kilometers was run before this issue came up? What year is your car make?
Old 14th January 2018, 11:54   #5073
BANNED

Has anyone had the ignition leads and transformer fail?
Any reasons for the same? VW as always does not have the parts in stock, they told me mine is rusted, it's still working though, cranks can be a bit long on some days is all. Part cost is around 15k
Old 16th January 2018, 13:55   #5074
BHPian

My GT TSI is a 2016 Model, Due for its second service 925k), although its done a few k's lesser (22k).
A week back I noticed my cranking was taking a little longer than usual. I let it pass. I was out of town for a week. While cranking up today the car went through a few long cranks and finally refused to start with a TRRRRR sound.

I jump started the car and after driving about 25km things seem ok. However, the cranks are not normal.

I hope to book my service and get this fixed.

I hope its just a Battery related issue and not anything else.

Have anyone else experienced this?
Old 17th January 2018, 13:05   #5075
BHPian

Finally got my GT TSI, Booked it around 20th december, but had to postpone delivery till Jan 15. Mine is an October manufactured one. Thankfully came with the spoiler and apollo alnac tyres (I dont think I'll change this, as I found it good enough), and the 6.5 Inch RCD 340 touchscreen infotainment. Initally feedback is extremely positive. I am happy with the purchase. Sales experience was good too. Initial ownership report and pics coming up in a bit.
Old 17th January 2018, 13:33   #5076
BHPian

*300 KMs Update*

While the car is fun to drive, I noticed a clunking sound every time I braked. Took it to the dealer, as suspected, turned out to be a brake lining issue (rear). Got it sorted within a couple of hours. The SA (Mr. Basvaraju, Elite Motors) turned out to be a knowledgeable person.

He was surprised how much the handling has improved after installing the Pirelli P7 cinturatos. The braking seems to be much better at higher speeds too. It is definitely a must have upgrade over the stock Apollo/MRFs/Goodyears, given the poor brakes on the GT.

Getting around 9.5 KMPL in Bangalore City traffic. My friend is getting the same in his 1 year old GT TSI. S-mode is perfect for overtaking. D is tuned for pure mileage.

Also, checked with the Sales Team, irrespective of October / November / December, some models come with spoiler, some dont. So it's really a matter of luck.

Will be upgrading the brakes and putting a tune in the next couple of weeks.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20180105_161854.jpg
dextertuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 21:50   #5077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
A week back I noticed my cranking was taking a little longer than usual.
Have anyone else experienced this?
Signs of battery dying. You might have to replace the battery
Old 18th January 2018, 19:18   #5078
BHPian

This is the link to a query I posted in the thread relevant to fuel tank capacity:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4341371

Since this query is related to my Polo GT TSI, expecting a clarification from members scouting this GT TSI focused thread.
Old 18th January 2018, 20:06   #5079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
This is the link to a query I posted in the thread relevant to fuel tank capacity:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4341371

Since this query is related to my Polo GT TSI, expecting a clarification from members scouting this GT TSI focused thread.
I have not filled over 41.xx liters. But then more often than not, it takes in about 35 liters (auto stop - same fuel station, same gun as much as possible). I generally fill as soon as the low fuel indicator comes up. I suspect there could be 5 liters beyond what it treats to be empty (not low).
Old 20th January 2018, 01:02   #5080
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I have not filled over 41.xx liters. But then more often than not, it takes in about 35 liters (auto stop - same fuel station, same gun as much as possible). I generally fill as soon as the low fuel indicator comes up. I suspect there could be 5 liters beyond what it treats to be empty (not low).
There is a standard 9.7 to 10 liters of fuel that goes in after auto-cut, and I always get there. I don't like driving on low fuel with the way traffic can get anytime! I normally get between 48 to 49 liters of fuel, with two bars still remaining and the range showing 50 or so.

That extra 10 liters means almost 140 extra kms, that's almost 2 days of running for me, I'd take that at any cost.

Somehow, my Optra magnum has the exact same behavior 10 liters after cutoff, maybe its to do with right side fuel lids. (none of my Marutis do this).

Last edited by SLK : 20th January 2018 at 01:04.
Old 20th January 2018, 01:07   #5081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I normally get between 48 to 49 liters of fuel, with two bars still remaining and the range showing 50 or so.
My query was to understand the least quantity of fuel to expect in GT TSI (tank+fuel lines combined) if the fuel filling is stopped on auto cutoff.

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 20th January 2018 at 01:08.
Old 21st January 2018, 21:34   #5082
BHPian

Hello fellow enthusiasts, i need a little help.

So I am now in the market to for a life long itch that i have had - to own a hot hatch. Obviously, the options are limited to:
  1. Polo GT
  2. S-Cross 1.6 (i know its discontinued)
  3. Baleno RS
  4. Swift RS (would have to wait for it)

From this list, i have already struck off Baleno, because of its 1.0 l engine. That would not give me much ground to tune it further. The Swift is also out for the same reason.

S-Cross, i would love to have. Now considering the limited units this one sold, to get a used one is even more difficult and i am still struggling to get a decent car.

Polo GT, the most probable option out of the list. In this two options again - used or new.

I just discovered from my visit to a VW dealership today that they have added to vital new features to the GT - 16" alloy wheels and a new entertainment system that includes Apple Car play and Android Auto. Now this car would cost approx 10.1 Lakh on road (w/o any discounts).
Now a decent used GT would be for about 6.5 to 7.5 lakh. And point to remember,, is that it will miss out on the above mentioned features.

Now where is require advice is, if I should go for a used one or a new one.

Few points to consider:
  • I will be taking a small loan, so the interest on new car loan is lower by about 3-4%. That will impact the final payout.
  • My estimate as per current trends is that i would lose about 40% on the new car in 3 years. That would make it go at about 6-7 lakh if i plan to sell it in 3 years.
  • Whereas the 2nd owner tag on the used car would make it lose more.
  • The 2 new features and the smell of a new car

What do you guys suggest? Or am i making my choice too obvious here

Please feel free to throw in other car options too. I might be a little short sighted in my excitement currently.
Old 21st January 2018, 21:44   #5083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Please feel free to throw in other car options too. I might be a little short sighted in my excitement currently.
Does VW warranty/extended warranty matter to you? That would be one thing I would consider before going for a DQ200 DSG (assuming GT TSI). With a new car you can get a 4 year (including 2 year extended) warranty.

But since you are planning to performance tune/mod the car, the warranty would get void anyways. So it would depend on how sooner you want to mod the car.

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 21st January 2018 at 21:46.
Old 21st January 2018, 22:18   #5084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Does VW warranty/extended warranty matter to you? That would be one thing I would consider before going for a DQ200 DSG (assuming GT TSI). With a new car you can get a 4 year (including 2 year extended) warranty.

But since you are planning to performance tune/mod the car, the warranty would get void anyways. So it would depend on how sooner you want to mod the car.
The warranty is a good point. I suppose i would want to wait longer to mod it if the car is new. Would you know of major unreliabilities with this gearbox? Or other GT TSI modding experiences?
Old 21st January 2018, 23:06   #5085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Would you know of major unreliabilities with this gearbox?
The mechatronics unit and the clutch assembly are the two issue prone components as I understand for this particular gearbox. A few users have reported issues related to these in this thread. Both would be really expensive to service without warranty.

Regarding mods on GT TSI, there are multiple threads in TBHP with all the details you would need.
Turbopetrol is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks