Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2018, 21:41   #5131
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Head View Post
In my experience, the AMT tends very unrefined at lower speeds, not a shade on the DSG....I have driven only the Celerio which was rather under powered also

The AMT unit in the swift is incomparable to the DSG on the Polo. Jerkiness, slow upshifts and downshifts and lack of hill hold control directly contrast to the DSG on the Polo.

I posted that just because you asked whether Maruti has any plans of a Swift diesel. I might have got you wrong.

Regards
Prathik

Last edited by Prathiiik : 26th February 2018 at 21:42.
Prathiiik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 06:11   #5132
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Got a call yesterday from Volkswagen Bangalore Motors (Palace Cross) to come in for a DSG software update for my Vento TSI. First time in 4+ years that they are voluntarily calling for an update. Anyone else got a call or know anything about this?Wondering if it a new update or something older. I had asked for and got an update during the 4th service it October, but that was from a different dealer.
Old 1st March 2018, 16:19   #5133
BHPian

Friends,

Have finally decided to take the plunge after 2.5 years of drooling over the car seeing them on the streets and in brochures. Have finalized a white GT TSI and would be giving the booking advance this Sunday.

Have a couple of questions from the existing owners and seniors towards what I should expect (not that is going to change my decision about the purchase). Would be glad if you guys could chip in details.

1. There is a lot of discussion about the rear spoiler on the GT. the current brochure mentions the spoiler but the dealer says that they have never delivered a GT with a pre-fitted spoiler. Can anyone having bought recently whether it's coming fitted or not?

2. Are they coming with Portago wheels or Estrada wheels? Their website and brochures have mentions of both and the sales team is not sure about it.

3. The car on display is a 2017 manufactured vehicle. The dealer claims that even new deliveries coming from the plant are 2017 make. Are they correct or just trying to dispose off the vehicle in stock? Can anyone throw some light on this? The car on display does have rain sensors but no spoiler.

Thanks in advance. Will post the pictures and my purchase experience with you guys when i get my beast..
niteshbids is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 16:29   #5134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Got a call yesterday from Volkswagen Bangalore Motors (Palace Cross) to come in for a DSG software update for my Vento TSI. First time in 4+ years that they are voluntarily calling for an update. Anyone else got a call or know anything about this?Wondering if it a new update or something older. I had asked for and got an update during the 4th service it October, but that was from a different dealer.
Oh really? I didn't get any call. Mine is a 2016 Vento TSI.

Did they say what the s/w update is about?

Btw, this is a Polo TSI thread . I just happened to visit this. You should probably post this on the Vento thread...
Old 1st March 2018, 17:10   #5135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post

The dealer claims that even new deliveries coming from the plant are 2017 make. Are they correct or just trying to dispose off the vehicle in stock?
When I booked my GT TSI in December 2015 I was assured a 2016 model and delivery was actually in Feb 2016. Something strange going on. Please cross verify with another dealer if possible.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th March 2018 at 07:57. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
Old 2nd March 2018, 14:42   #5136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
When I booked my GT TSI in December 2015 I was assured a 2016 model and delivery was actually in Feb 2016. Something strange going on. Please cross verify with another dealer if possible.

There is only one dealer here in Patna so can't check with any other dealer. Anyways, i will be demanding for a new vehicle from the factory and not take the one on display in showroom. And then keep my fingers crossed for the spoiler.
Old 2nd March 2018, 14:52   #5137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Oh really? I didn't get any call. Mine is a 2016 Vento TSI.

Did they say what the s/w update is about?
No clear answer. The usual stuff about making the gearbox smoother and avoiding jerks. Asked to call back on Thursday and no news till now. I checked back and there was an update done during my 4th service in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Btw, this is a Polo TSI thread . I just happened to visit this. You should probably post this on the Vento thread...
Yes, aware of that. . The Vento TSI thread is a rarely visited one and the regular Vento thread covers a lot of variants. For anything TSI and DSG related, this is the best thread.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:20   #5138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
Friends,

Have a couple of questions from the existing owners and seniors towards what I should expect..

1. There is a lot of discussion about the rear spoiler on the GT. the current brochure mentions the spoiler but the dealer says that they have never delivered a GT with a pre-fitted spoiler. Can anyone having bought recently whether it's coming fitted or not?

2. Are they coming with Portago wheels or Estrada wheels? Their website and brochures have mentions of both and the sales team is not sure about it.

3. The car on display is a 2017 manufactured vehicle. The dealer claims that even new deliveries coming from the plant are 2017 make. Are they correct or just trying to dispose off the vehicle in stock? Can anyone throw some light on this? The car on display does have rain sensors but no spoiler..
1. Gt comes fitted with rear spoiler. I
took delivery of mine in Jan 18 and the spoiler is standard accessory.

2. Not sure of the wheels. Please look into the picture of my car. This is the one which it currently comes with.

3. Mine was a oct 2017 manafactured car. My Sa told that 2018 new stock is expected in March
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-a96889b49442490cb98b66c488a022c6.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-b1a1108fda9547c4b53322f60bfe095a.jpeg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th March 2018 at 07:57. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
ramb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:49   #5139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
1. Gt comes fitted with rear spoiler. I
took delivery of mine in Jan 18 and the spoiler is standard accessory.

2. Not sure of the wheels. Please look into the picture of my car. This is the one which it currently comes with.

3. Mine was a oct 2017 manafactured car. My Sa told that 2018 new stock is expected in March
Thanks bro. Will be dropping off the advance tomorrow and then count the days.
Old 4th March 2018, 10:04   #5140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Head View Post
Needs to get some feedback as to what practical fuel mileage can be expected from the GT TSI in the usual nasty traffic of Mumbai
I've a 2017 December, GT TSI. I get around 7-8 in city. Mix of medium and heavy traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I am getting a steady 11 to 12 kmpl in heavy Bangalore traffic for an year now. This is with a sedate driving style with occasional bursts depending on traffic conditions.
That is extremely good. Apart from you everyone I know gets around 7-8.5 in Bangalore city traffic. On highways, if i keep it between 80-100, I get around 15. Above 120, it drops to around 13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Got a call yesterday from Volkswagen Bangalore Motors (Palace Cross) to come in for a DSG software update for my Vento TSI.
Surprised that they called for the update so late. It has been out for a while. But better late than never i guess. The new update tries to hold on to the 2nd gear as much as possible. The downshift from 2nd to 1st is where most of the people have complained about a jerk.

Do let us know if you find any difference after the update.

Last edited by dextertuned : 4th March 2018 at 10:05. Reason: formatting
Old 4th March 2018, 21:32   #5141
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextertuned View Post
That is extremely good. Apart from you everyone I know gets around 7-8.5 in Bangalore city traffic. On highways, if i keep it between 80-100, I get around 15. Above 120, it drops to around 13.
Completely depends on how you drive. In my last highway drive, I got 19.5 on the MID, between 90 to 100.
Old 5th March 2018, 18:01   #5142
BHPian

Am getting almost identical figures as you.

The mileage does greatly depend on the driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
In Usual nasty traffic of Mumbai it gives around 6-8 kmpl. On highway i have seen as high as 20kmpl but nothing short of 17kmpl on NH-8 (speed 85-100 kpn).
I drive in Vapi city as well with less traffic and just speed bumps, i have seen as high as 14.5 kmpl. All on MID and MID figures and actual mileage are very comparable with an error of hardly 0.5kmpl.
It will depend on your driving style and traffic conditions.
Old 5th March 2018, 18:32   #5143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Completely depends on how you drive. In my last highway drive, I got 19.5 on the MID, between 90 to 100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Am getting almost identical figures as you.
The mileage does greatly depend on the driving style.
While that might be true, but the difference seems a lot. My regular drive is a 250 HP+ 1.8 TSI. That gives around 7-7.5 kmpl in Bangalore traffic, hence the surprise.

The 1.2 TSI is mainly used by my wife for office. On highways, I've seen it give around 15kmpl, if i keep it on cruise control at around 80 kmph.

While I never bought this car for mileage, I'm just surprised that it is very close to my 1.8 TSI's mileage figures.

Anyway, if you are getting more, that's great news!
Old 6th March 2018, 14:38   #5144
BHPian

In typical south Delhi traffic (lots of jam) the 1.2l TSI shows on an average 12 to 13 kmpl. I have not achieved surprisingly high figures on a recent highway drive, which consisted on regularly varying speed of 60 to 120 kmph.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 11:11   #5145
BHPian

Looking to purchase the GT TSI in the very near future and was wondering if there are any concrete steps that can be taken, or methods followed in order to avoid mechatronic and multiclutch failure? I am already aware of shifting to N + Handbrake during short stops and making sure the gearbox has mineral oil instead of synthetic, which shouldn't be an issue with a brand new car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks