Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2018, 11:17   #5146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Looking to purchase the GT TSI in the very near future and was wondering if there are any concrete steps that can be taken, or methods followed in order to avoid mechatronic and multiclutch failure? I am already aware of shifting to N + Handbrake during short stops and making sure the gearbox has mineral oil instead of synthetic, which shouldn't be an issue with a brand new car.
Off late, haven't heard of many DSG failures in post 2015 cars, so there's some sort of safety net in buying new. Plus yes, you can use neutral at traffic lights and also slowly shift to neutral and park, my car's shifter was once stuck at park and I couldn't extract the key, so I learnt it the hard way to never rush the shifter.
Haven't had the mechatronic surprise, car is 37000kms and has done 19000 Kms in the past 9 months.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th March 2018 at 15:31. Reason: Fixed typo (cat's = car's)
Old 11th March 2018, 06:21   #5147
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
The new Swift is offered with a diesel engine paired to an AMT in the V and Z trims.
I had almost made up my mind on the GT TSI but as an afterthought I decided to check out the Ameo DSG 1.5 Diesel also. In the test drive the Ameo was pretty noisy , huge diesel clatter in the cabin which does not quieten even while cruising. So I decided not to go in for the car with the lower running cost.. Hence, GT TSI it is & white colour is my choice. VW Automark's response on sending the test drive vehicles to my place was commendable. They have the vehicles in stock , hence delivery will be in 2 weeks , delay will be mostly due to the paperwork for financing. Will post photos when the baby comes home.
Dead Head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 12:33   #5148

Has anyone used the Phillips H7 LED on the Polo GT? Is it direct plug and play?Are there significant performance gains with respect to illumination?
dot_tsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 15:38   #5149
BHPian

Folks ,
The time for waiting is over, I have decided to take the plunge with the GT TSI. Automark Mumbai has the white car in ready stock , the delivery will take the usual 10 days or so.
This one is special.Even though I have driven and owned many cars in this lifetime. Firstly, this is the car which I am buying not based purely on functional or need base. Also, I expect to keep this for at least 5 to 7 years or more, perhaps my last car.

will keep you posted
Old 16th March 2018, 19:10   #5150
BHPian

Today happened to take my car in the rain first time since I bought it. And what do you know! I was pleasantly surprised to discover automatic rain sensing wipers! And it works like a charm.

Never knew my car had it. (Oct 2017 Model) It wasn't advertised as well (or did I miss it?)
penpavan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 09:32   #5151
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Today happened to take my car in the rain first time since I bought it. And what do you know! I was pleasantly surprised to discover automatic rain sensing wipers! And it works like a charm.

Never knew my car had it. (Oct 2017 Model) It wasn't advertised as well (or did I miss it?)

I think you missed it. Our Jan 2017 Model has it too.
Old 17th March 2018, 10:55   #5152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakmehrotra View Post
I think you missed it. Our Jan 2017 Model has it too.
Why, my mid 2016 model has it as well.

One word of caution:
There have been incidents where people are known to have thrown eggs on the windscreen to indulge in robbery etc. Running the wipers with egg on the windshield would totally obscure visibility. To avoid this from happening, keep the auto mode shut off unless it's raining.
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 12:02   #5153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Head View Post
perhaps my last car.

will keep you posted

Don't say that. With my previous car, Verna, I thought the same. Now I have a TJet 125s. With performance cars around, we never know our next move.

Last edited by Vdrive : 17th March 2018 at 12:04.
Vdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 15:23   #5154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
Don't say that. ... ...
I'm hoping that my GT TDI will be my last car, because I am hoping that it will last that long!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 15:01   #5155
BHPian

Can someone help me with what the SD Card specs on the R340G. I am confused on which SD card to use. It says not to use SD Card adapters.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th March 2018, 11:17   #5156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Can someone help me with what the SD Card specs on the R340G. I am confused on which SD card to use. It says not to use SD Card adapters.

Thanks in advance.
I have been using a Micro SD card with SD card adapter for ages now. First with RCD320 (GT TDI), then with RCD510 (Jetta), RCD330+ 187A (Jetta), and RCD330+ 187B (Jetta). Pretty sure R340G, a close cousin of RCD330+, will be just fine with SD card adapters
Old 19th March 2018, 12:00   #5157
BHPian

If you are worried about "Kitna deti hai", 1.2TSI+DSG can give you this* -

This was after crusing at 80kmph on the Hyd ORR for 45kms. We were five adults + toddler, so decided to take 2 cars for an outing. My 70 year old father was following me with my 90 year old grandma in his car. So didn't want to zoom around. Stuck to the middle lane at 80kmph. It was very boring, but watching the mileage on the MID was a solace .
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-vento_mileage.jpg  

shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 13:12   #5158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Got a call yesterday from Volkswagen Bangalore Motors (Palace Cross) to come in for a DSG software update for my Vento TSI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Oh really? I didn't get any call. Mine is a 2016 Vento TSI.

Did they say what the s/w update is about?

Btw, this is a Polo TSI thread . I just happened to visit this. You should probably post this on the Vento thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextertuned View Post
Surprised that they called for the update so late. It has been out for a while. But better late than never i guess. The new update tries to hold on to the 2nd gear as much as possible. The downshift from 2nd to 1st is where most of the people have complained about a jerk.

Do let us know if you find any difference after the update.
Update on this. Got this update done. The version they refer to as is in the image below. Took a couple of hours.

Differences noticed
  • As mentioned above, definitely holding on to 2 a lot more-while both upshifting and down-shifting.
  • I occasionally encounter a small jerk during the shift from 3-->2 under relatively hard braking. That seems to have gone now. (Have never encountered a 2-->1 jerk)
  • The D feels more sprightly. This is probably due to the fact that the system got reset as part of the update.

This is the first time in 4+ years that they actually called me pro-actively for an update(That too 3 times), so hope that this update is something that will actually help in some way and not just a tweak that 'appears' to make it better.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-softupdate.jpg

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th March 2018 at 13:13.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 12:59   #5159

We and our Polo GT are moving to Bangalore next month. We will be put up in the Sarjapur Road/Bellandur area.
Had few queries for the group:
1. What is the best service centre to go to in Bangalore?
2. I am going to take the vehicle Insurance in Hyderabad to Bangalore. Would the insurance be valid in Bangalore?
3. Is there any 'Polo GT TSI Bangalore owners' whatsapp group?

Update on my previous posts. The wiring harness has been replaced. Have acquired a rat repellent spray (smells like tobacco) that I spray near the sides of the engine bay area to keep the rodents away.
Regarding the Phillips LED, thought against it since there is no integrated fan for cooling the LED. But the new Phillips LED does seem to be a hit.
Old 21st March 2018, 14:05   #5160
BHPian

Today, checked out my car which arrived at the dealership last evening. Have an atrocious wait till Monday to get my hands on it as the 'pandit' has suggested that auspicious date.

My Chevy spark threw some tantrums on seeing my new car and overheated! Guess it's jealous

Siting at the Chevy service center to get the cooling system worked on. Glad that I caught a glimpse of the temp guage before things got out of control.

Last edited by niteshbids : 21st March 2018 at 14:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks